Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if Classic will Hotsync correctly with TimeMatters? Timematters is a legal software package I use to input billing items when out of the office.
    Thanks for all reports you're sending in, particularly on the issues, 'cause sooner we understand what happens, sooner we can provide you with answers and give you "perfect" Classic v2.0.

Cheers!
    Follow us on Twitter

Hang out with us on Facebook

Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog
    Quote Originally Posted by dw8928 View Post
    Does anyone know if Classic will Hotsync correctly with TimeMatters? Timematters is a legal software package I use to input billing items when out of the office.
    If other users don't try it in the meantime and provide feedback, we'll get back on this as soon as we have some time for testing.
    Follow us on Twitter

Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    to amend my earlier post....it starts fine after 1.2 but audible.plays for about 3 to 5 minutes then freezes. Restarts fine but freezes again...I have not yet checked to see if this happens when on usb power....
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by hdhuntr View Post
    starts fine ... about 3 to 5 minutes then freezes. Restarts fine but freezes again...
    This is exactly the symptom I'm seeing. Sometimes it does't freeze, but the card is inaccessible. When use FileZ and try to view files on the card, I get error messages.
    I found a temporary fix for the hanging/freezing issue.

I was originally not having this problem, I could not duplicate it.

then I went into the application preferences and turned on all the fancy doo-dads like turbo and sounds and alerts (using gaming)

closed it out, went back it, opened a few things (epocrates, memos, calc, calander) and let it sit there with the memos open.

screen turns off, and a few minutes later i try to use classic, it is now frozen.

then went back in, turned all of those functions off, opened the same set of programs, repeated my test and presto, usable classic.

so at-least for now, you can get a stable classic if you turn off all the fancy things. I haven't systematically checked each one to see if they can cause it because I don't have the time.

cheers
    There are four lights.
    I didn't have the card closing problem, but I can also report that 1.2 broke my Classic install as well. After the 1.2 update, Classic would not boot up properly. I would hang after the "thank you for activating classic" notification was displayed. I manually reset classic into safe mode and as able to start classic after that. The hotsync ID was erased as others have reported. I re-entered the hotsync ID and then tried to restart classic in normal mode, but it still would hang in bootup. I only have epocrates and several skyscape apps installed. The only way I could get it to start properly was to to a hard reset. Following the hard reset, classic was able to start properly! So beware, the 1.2 update could force you to do a hard reset on classic!!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Happening with me as well. Works fine until I either switch to another card, or turn the screen off and try to come back to it. Frozen classic, unresponsive to any input. Have to restart it to use it. Very difficult to keep getting into epocrates this way. Please help.

-Vince

Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    I've also found that Classic will freeze after I switch to another card.

1) Load Classic
    2) Do something, works OK.
    3) Minimize/switch to another card
    4) Do some other stuff
    5) Turn off screen
    6) Turn the Pre on and go to Classic, time on the Launcher screen, shows the time it hung up...

This is repeatable...

-JerryG
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince_K View Post
    Happening with me as well. Works fine until I either switch to another card, or turn the screen off and try to come back to it. Frozen classic, unresponsive to any input. Have to restart it to use it. Very difficult to keep getting into epocrates this way. Please help.

-Vince

vince, read my post above
    see if that works
    There are four lights.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I am not seeing the problem as described above. I am using Classic set to Turbo mode and I am able to use PalmVNC to watch Youtube videos through FireFox on my home PC within Classic and then switch away to other apps. I took photos, looked at websites, played games, and turned off the screen. I even tried putting it on the touchstone and taking it off again. Didn't crash on me at all. I then thought that Classic was staying active because of the constant data usage with PalmVNC so I closed that and just left it on the launcher and everything worked fine. I did all of this over the course of half an hour. Hope this helps.

Edit...
    Dohhh.... as I was typing this post I left it on my bed and the screen timer kicked in and turned off the screen and when I picked it back up it had locked up. All of the above still works without turbo mode on so all is not lost. Either way, I am still EXTREMELY impressed by what can be accomplished with Classic and PalmVNC.

Jeremy
    Last edited by daaknes; 09/29/2009 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Added new info..
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hdhuntr View Post
    to amend my earlier post....it starts fine after 1.2 but audible.plays for about 3 to 5 minutes then freezes. Restarts fine but freezes again...I have not yet checked to see if this happens when on usb power....
    I used Audible in the car on USB power with no problem at all last night.

This AM I found it was actually about 2 minutes before it would freeze. The same amount of time I had my 'screen off' set for.

Made me think of the old Palm OS program STOIC...which reminded me of the new Homebrew App "No-Doze". I downloaded No-Doze and now Audible on Classic runs perfectly on battery power.

I am not a SWE and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night but I do think the problem is related to 1.2 not 'seeing' Classic when on battery power.
    Last edited by hdhuntr; 09/30/2009 at 05:16 AM. Reason: spelling
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post

then I went into the application preferences and turned on all the fancy doo-dads like turbo and sounds and alerts (using gaming)

closed it out, went back it, opened a few things (epocrates, memos, calc, calander) and let it sit there with the memos open.

screen turns off, and a few minutes later i try to use classic, it is now frozen.

then went back in, turned all of those functions off, opened the same set of programs, repeated my test and presto, usable classic.

so at-least for now, you can get a stable classic if you turn off all the fancy things. I haven't systematically checked each one to see if they can cause it because I don't have the time.

cheers
    I had my preferences set to "Normal" mode when I first started having the problem of the expansion car disappearing. I tried "Fast" and "Safe" with the same results.
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    Tried No-Doze but Audible still locked up after a few minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJKinsman View Post
    Classic!!! Where are you??? Can you just give us an update? Did your lab re-create the problem? Please respond!
    we're here - responded to your email, with a few more questions to help us narrow down the possible cause. Did not recreate it yet.

Either way, everything you guys are describing here, including suggested fixes and then reports on whether it's working or not, is of great help too.
    Follow us on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by RJKinsman View Post
    OK, sorry about that. I sent a response. The e-mail went to my junk mail folder. Hopefully I fixed that.
    Got it. It's on the right table already.
    Follow us on Twitter

Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post

cheers
    I've been running Classic in Safe mode all the time, any other way would give me the BSOD, way too often, way too quickly.

Fix does not apply here. Thanks, though...

Cheers,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by dw8928 View Post
    Don't know about TimeMatters, but the old Iambic Time Reporter now both works and syncs. {Jonathan}
    BTW, I'm also seeing the freezing others have reported. No common element (speed, app), although I always run Classic with sound and alarms off. Gen'ly, Safe Reset fixes temporarily, although I then have to quit and restart again to HotSync. (Would love a "soft reset" option in the dropdown menu; I sometimes find myself reaching for the nonexistent reset hole.) Also seeing incomplete HotSyncs, but that may be due to one of the conduits remaining from my old Palm TX, so I'm not concerned. {Jonathan}
    Here's an interesting data point: just turned on Airplane Mode and put Classic through its paces. Many apps, different cards: no freeze. Turned off Airplane Mode, back through Classic; poof, freeze. Wonder if the problem is tied to some background networking element? Can anyone else duplicate this? {Jonathan}
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post
    Here's an interesting data point: just turned on Airplane Mode and put Classic through its paces. Many apps, different cards: no freeze. Turned off Airplane Mode, back through Classic; poof, freeze. Wonder if the problem is tied to some background networking element? Can anyone else duplicate this? {Jonathan}
    hm....

guys?
    Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast