1.    #1  
    wasnt sure where to put this, but... i click my launcher icon, and the grey screen comes up (the background for the apps pages) and ... no icons.. .theyre still there, cause i can hit the first letter of any of them, and the icons that start with that letter show... but. i cant scroll through the pages. or. anything. i tried a hard reset... nothing. tried everything. took it to a sprint store theyre ordering me a new one. sucks. this all happend after i updated 1.2 any ideas?
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Same thing happen to me. I just assumed it was because, like an *****, I forgot to remove any of my tweaks. I just ran WebOS Doctor then ran the update to 1.2.0 again and it was fine.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Im having the same problem.. but mines unrepsonsive to the computer.
    Quote Originally Posted by TitaniumGT2 View Post
    Im having the same problem.. but mines unrepsonsive to the computer.
    I remember reading somewhere that there is a way to connect your phone to the computer with the power button or some kind of reset but can't find it at the moment. Maybe someone else can link it?
  5.    #5  
    oh yeah! i cant connect to the computer either. maybe cause i used the old webos doctor? theres a new one for the upgrade... 1.2. buuuuut. it doesnt do anygood if i cant connect to the computer...
    Ok I think I found it. This is a cut and paste from another thread.

" Originally Posted by MaxLOL View Post
    here is what you do. turn your phone off. when restarting your phone hold the up volume key which will enter it into usb mode. then web os doc will see your pre....
    "
    dup. sorry
  8.    #8  
    is that to remmedy the icon problem? or the sycing problem?
  9.    #9  
    well in my case, that didnt fix either...
    you have to reset your phone, hard reset not soft. You lost your icons because you one, didnt remove tweaks, and two attempted to add something after you did the update without removing tweaks. Don't say you didn't lol I know you did, cause after you install without removing tweaks, your phone icons are still there, the phone still works, its not until you do a reset trying to install something that you get the grey screen. I know. Anyway, yeah the web os doctor isn't working for me either but I'll try the connect and press volume button thing.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    same here...

i tried to add new universal searches to the list. it gave me a blank screen so i re-installed the original java scripts but no luck. the only thing i can think of was a issue adding to the /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images directory. thoughts? thanks!
    so I did the hard reset via palm.com.....guess what? In the hour from when I updated to when I reset the phone BACKED UP, IE, it saved the screwed up settings and the 1.2 os update and whatever else it is that caused my icons to disappear. So now what? Is there anyway to turn off the updates? Or have it only update certain things?
  13.    #13  
    i updated with the tweaks. then tried to remove them... then tried webdoctor... but it was tooooo late. ...if i had removed them, and updated will reinstalling them have the same after effects? or is it just when updating?
    Meet another *****. Same problem. I did get on the forum and read somewhere that people were not having any problems so I just did not take the time. Lesson well learned. What would have taken 5 minutes has now taken 5 hours to reset my phone and get all my apps back on there. NO TWEAKING though until I get my updates loaded back to my phone. Just wanted to let everyone know just because one person does not have a problem, do not take the chance. It is a headache starting from scratch! I do not need any "I TOLD YOU SO'S". i am already kicking myself enough as it is.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    " Originally Posted by MaxLOL View Post
    here is what you do. turn your phone off. when restarting your phone hold the up volume key which will enter it into usb mode. then web os doc will see your pre....
    "[/QUOTE]

this is the correct method.. i have used it many times in a last ditch effort to resolve problems.
    .. It works.. as for the tweaks not deleted before update .. you should have known better..lol good luck mate...
    I'm not crazy cause my hands are in my pants...... I'm just feeling Nuts!!!
  16.    #16  
    did this work for everyone? just checking... so... after updating has anyone messed with the tweaks again? problems? ...solutions?