1.    #1  
    Hi,

I am interested in creating an app store for the webOS. Does anyone know if this is possible? Are there any infringements or something that would affect it?

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
    Nikhil
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Niksbin,
    The NDA that palm is having Devs sign prohibit selling apps for the pre anywhere besides the Palm Pre App Catalog. I doubt you would have any interest from Dev's to sell their apps on your store. Also, I have a feeling Palm would not be too happy reguarding that. Keep in mind the other repositories available (preware,preload,filecoaster,quickinstall ect) DO NOT ALLOW FOR PAID apps. That must tell you the NDA is serious enough.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Uhh... either this is a troll or niksbin just started taking CS 101 and wants to code up a storm in a teacup.
  5. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    It's possible, sure.

I mean if you haven't signed Palm's dev agreement yourself, and you only include apps made by people who also haven't signed it, then you could do something along the lines of Preware but with payment capability.

Probably not likely to be easy or popular though.

xtn
    Quote Originally Posted by xtn View Post
    It's possible, sure.

I mean if you haven't signed Palm's dev agreement yourself, and you only include apps made by people who also haven't signed it, then you could do something along the lines of Preware but with payment capability.

Probably not likely to be easy or popular though.

xtn
    you can't download the SDK without agreeing to the agreement, and without the SDK, developing for webOS is problematic... The original responder is correct, setting up your own app catalog is not allowed by the agreements.

chuq
    On a related note chuq, how can developers link from their own website to their apps in the appstore? iPhone developers can link via iTunes but for WebOS? WIll this be possible some day?
    It would be nice to be able to browse online (not via the phone) what apps are available in the App Store
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News