Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    i somehow 'chanced' upon this... although it requires several steps to install, i found the effort well worth it! the jewishcontent.org/pda/palm-pre website (unable to post links yet) has instructions and several books available in hebrew. the default install includes a siddur in nusach ari but u can add/remove books that are available on the website.
    thanks. Can't wait to try it out. I just hope someone come up with an integrated luach like the penticon luach for palm os & I'll be very happy.
  3.    #3  
    yep. Waiting anxiously... In the meantime, i've added a google calendar (beth aaron zmanim - I think it's nj zmanim) that has zmanim and another one with jewish holidays to my gmail calendar. I then set the zmanim 2 not show by default or the calendar gets bogged down. Using the homebrew 'agenda' I can see the zmanim quite nicely for now.
    Derook thank you for this. I headed straight over to jewishcontent as soon as I loaded up the WebOSQuickInstall -- that's where I got a ton of things for my old Palm devices and I was happy to see the link for PalmPre.

Have not had any luck installing their feed through Preware -- I get error msg 4 sometimes, sometimes 22. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Todah, todah ....
    ... encouraged by your success I went back to Jewishcontent.org -- but first uninstalled/reinstalled Package Manager & Preware [yes, in that order] -- still no luck.

Meticulously following the instructions, when I attempt to install their feed I still get an error message. Any thoughts?

Todah ....
    I figured it out.
    copy this address into your browser
    preyourmind.org/files/org.shiur_.projects_0.1.1_all_0.ipk
    save it and then copy it to WebOS Quick install and install on your Pre
    and only after that follow the next steps

# lauch Preware on the Palm-Pre, and

1. Tap on Available Packages
    2. Tap on Feed
    3. Tap on JewishContent.org Projects
    4. Tap on Install

# close Preware

# lauch Preware again

# Tap on the menu item Update Feeds...

2. Tap on Feeds (on the bottom)
    3. Tap on JewishContent.org
    4. Tap on Jewish Books
    5. Tap on Install

once that is done you can go to jewishcontent.org/pda/palm-pre and change the siddurs nusach and add / delete hebrew and/or english texts
    Thanks so much for the fix, it really works!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbisusman View Post
    I figured it out.
    copy this address into your browser
    preyourmind.org/files/org.shiur_.projects_0.1.1_all_0.ipk
    save it and then copy it to WebOS Quick install and install on your Pre
    and only after that follow the next steps

# lauch Preware on the Palm-Pre, and

2. Tap on Feed
    3. Tap on JewishContent.org Projects
    4. Tap on Install

# close Preware

# lauch Preware again

# Tap on the menu item Update Feeds...

2. Tap on Feeds (on the bottom)
    3. Tap on JewishContent.org
    4. Tap on Jewish Books
    5. Tap on Install

once that is done you can go to jewishcontent.org/pda/palm-pre and change the siddurs nusach and add / delete hebrew and/or english texts
    Todah, todah -- (whew! long time away from my eToys!). OK, today's my first chance to take a shot at this again; I'll let you know how it goes. (... sahvlanut not being my long suit ...)
  9.    #9  
    My apologies for not responding sooner. I was in Israel for the holidays. Let me know if this worked out for you.
    This works wonderfully! Shared the info with other Jewish Pre users.
    Did anyone notice that the Jewish Content Siddur is very difficult to navigate through? The links at the end of Amida, let's say, do not let you proceed to Tachanun in the morning. Also, Amida does not have Shalom Rav as an option instead of Sim Shalom for Mincha & Maariv - Ashkenaz.
    That's because it's an Ari siddur, Metzia, and the Arizal did not say Shalom Rav, just as Sefardim do not (and Rav Joseph Solvechivk z'l of YU was apparently of the opinion that this was the proper minhag).

As for the links, I swiped and got Tachanun... maybe you're thrown off by the Viduy that Ari says prior to?

I love that this thing works landscape...
    How do you change the font size? The package installed several fonts, but I don't see the means to change the display (other than background color).
    I managed to get the Jewish Books app installed. Now what. How do you install the books? I tried downloading them into a Books directory that I installed, but the App does not see them. TIA
    shalom
    installation is much easier
    just copy the url to filecoaster
    but i had some problems befor the first launch
    the shiur.org folder wasn't created
    so i unpacked it myself
    if you need it
    copy it with USB
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Thanks Yanivyon, It didn't work at first, but after deleting and re-installing the App for a third time it worked. I did have to manually create the directories and copy the files over.I have one more question. I installed the Gemorah book (bavli+rashi-Whole-Shas.palmPreBook). The book opens up to Berahot, but I have been unable to get the index to open so I can get other gemoras. Does this book work for everyone else?
    the packages from shiur.org dont work
    pleese help!!!!
    OK. Both shiur.com & jewishcontents.org are Sabbath-observing web sites & are closed Fridays & don't return until Sunday! Try after then!
    I tray again bot it's stil don't work I don't see bichlal the feed jewish content in preware
    what can I do?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast