Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gmk View Post
    I found a website mincha.com that has all of the teffilos in pdf format that works on the Pre.
    I'm currently, slowly working on a couple of apps.. Hopefully will have something before pesach b'ezrat hashem

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Typo Lad likes this.
    check out zman2go in the app catalog it's better then my zemanim app and it's free
    here is a link to hebrew fonts and keyboard install using preware or internals.

pre and pre plus NOT for pre 2 yet

http://www.precentral.net/sites/precentral.net/files/webos-homebrew-apps/feeds/com.abesapps.hebrewfonts_1.0.0_all.ipk
  4. rr
    Quote Originally Posted by jckatz View Post
    thanks for your hardwork on this project. I was able to add the feed to preware but get an IPK error .
    i have tried reloading luna and WebOS quickinstall with no luck.

Download
    org.jewishcontent.jewishbook
    Failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/luna-send -n 6 luna://com.palm.appinstaller/installNoVerify '{"subscribe":true, "target": "/media/internal/.developer/org.jewishcontent.jewishbook_0.2.7_armv7.ipk", "uncompressedSize": 0}' 2>&1
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    I have the same problem --- does anyone have any ideas???

Thanks
  5. rr
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbisusman View Post
    I figured it out.
    copy this address into your browser
    preyourmind.org/files/org.shiur_.projects_0.1.1_all_0.ipk
    save it and then copy it to WebOS Quick install and install on your Pre
    and only after that follow the next steps

# lauch Preware on the Palm-Pre, and

1. Tap on Available Packages
    2. Tap on Feed
    3. Tap on JewishContent.org Projects
    4. Tap on Install

# close Preware

# lauch Preware again

# Tap on the menu item Update Feeds...

1. Tap on Available Packages
    2. Tap on Feeds (on the bottom)
    3. Tap on JewishContent.org
    4. Tap on Jewish Books
    5. Tap on Install

once that is done you can go to jewishcontent.org/pda/palm-pre and change the siddurs nusach and add / delete hebrew and/or english texts
    this link does not seem to work anymore and I keep getting an error message when trying to load the books from jewish content.

Can anyone help???

Thanks
  6. rr
    Quote Originally Posted by derook View Post
    i somehow 'chanced' upon this... although it requires several steps to install, i found the effort well worth it! the jewishcontent.org/pda/palm-pre website (unable to post links yet) has instructions and several books available in hebrew. the default install includes a siddur in nusach ari but u can add/remove books that are available on the website.
    do the hewbew apps on jewish content that work for the pre, do they also work for the pixi+ WebOS 1.4?
    junoty1 likes this.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Thanks for the hebrew font patch.

I don't know if this website will be helpful in creating a torah app since the hebrew and English is on the same page making for some very small print

http://www.ishwar.com/judaism/holy_t...ook01_001.html

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums Beta
  8. rr
    can someone please advise if there is anyway to get hebrew / jewish content on the pixi+

I keep getting an error message when trying to load the books form jewish content.

thanks
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    I have hebrew keyboard fonts and keyboard loaded from preware. It rocks!

Thanks Abesapp!!!!

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
  10. rr
    any news on hebrew apps for the palm pixi plus???

please respond
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    all the jewish stuff is available for palm pre 2? like siddur, chumash rambam,etc ?
    Last edited by shloime; 02/16/2011 at 05:37 PM.
    For anyone out there still having problems because preyourmind is down, I'm pretty sure that Rabbi Sussman's instructions were only necessary for the original version of the app. If you follow the instructions the way they are on jewishcontent.org there shouldn't be any problems and that should include the pixi as well.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    suddenly , the hebrew keyboard and fonts start working on my pre plus! after weeks and weeks of trying different ways to install fonts
    now, i was able to install the standard package (siddur,hayom yom,tanya,etc), but i can not install all the other books . when i try woski doesnt let me put the files on it. any tips?
    What are the odds of an HD update?
    ok the story is that you can now install from the command line which will allow it on the pixi according to the developer. The instructions are on the website. I don't have a pixi so I can't say for sure. I asked him about the touchpad version and i'll post as soon as I hear back from him.
    Quote Originally Posted by doublebear View Post
    ok the story is that you can now install from the command line which will allow it on the pixi according to the developer. The instructions are on the website. I don't have a pixi so I can't say for sure. I asked him about the touchpad version and i'll post as soon as I hear back from him.
    can you plaese help me. i have a pixi and i tryed to install jewish books with preware and i got a error
    Quote Originally Posted by Reuven4 View Post
    Thanks Yanivyon, It didn't work at first, but after deleting and re-installing the App for a third time it worked. I did have to manually create the directories and copy the files over.I have one more question. I installed the Gemorah book (bavli+rashi-Whole-Shas.palmPreBook). The book opens up to Berahot, but I have been unable to get the index to open so I can get other gemoras. Does this book work for everyone else?
    i have the same problem can you help me please thanks
    how to download Hebrew Jewish books

• Tanach - תנ"ך
    • Mishnayos - משניות
    • gemura - גמרא - תלמוד בבלי(עם פרש"י)
    Complete Talmud Bavli, with built-in hebrew support
    • Siddur (Hebrew) - סידור
    - Nusach Ari
    - Nusach Sefard
    - Nusach Sfard
    - Eidus Hamizrach
    - Nusach Ashkenaz
    - Torah Reading
    • Baal HaTurim - בעל הטורים
    • Ohr HaChayim - אור החיים
    • Ramban on The Torah - רמב"ן על התורה
    • Noam Elimeleh - נועם אלימלך
    • Sefer HaChinuch - ספר החינוך
    • Shulchan Aruch (Mechaber & Ramma) - שלחן ערוך
    - Orach Chayim
    - Yoreh Deoh
    - Even HoEzer
    - Choshen Mishpat
    • Shulchan Aruch HaRav
    • Kitzur Shulchan Aruch
    • Perek Shirah - פרק שירה
    and lots more

click this link,

Index of /pda/palm-pre/feed

download it,
    and install it with webos quick installer.

then

Tap on Preware menu
    Tap on Luna Manager
    Tap on Rescan

close Preware

look for Jewish Books app

download all general books from here http://www.jewishcontent.org/pda/palm-pre/

and send it with webos quick installer to media/internal/shiur.org/book/

Things you may wish to play with (on the USB drive in the shiur.org folder): media/internal/shiur.org/

The file: tehillim-age.txt can be edited manually to add chapters to say daily

The fonts folder has various size fonts which can be edited with various graphics programs (such as gimp)

the books folder is where you can add/remove wanted/unwanted books from.
    Last edited by shulros; 08/13/2012 at 09:25 PM.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234