Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    I don't have anything to contribute other than saying "neat, thanks!" and sharing my amazement that there is such a Jewish following on the Pre. Maybe we're just more vocal than in other phone-based forums (looking at you, Android Central and XDA). Anyway, todah rabah!
    Apparently the Palm-Jewish thing goes way back. Most Pres I ever saw in one place was at the last Chabbad Lubavitch Shlichim dinner.

I'm still shocked that there's no free siddur for Andoid.
  3. gmk
    I found a website mincha.com that has all of the teffilos in pdf format that works on the Pre.
    I got Jewish Books to install by downloading the file directly from
    shiur.org/pda/palm-pre/feed/org.JewishContent.JewishBook_0.1.11_armv7.ipk
    and installed it with webOSquick install, then I downloaded the usb folders that yanivyon provided. But nothing comes up in Jewish Books.

Any ideas? Is the shiur.org folder supposed to be on the root?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by scrollup View Post
    I got Jewish Books to install by downloading the file directly from
    shiur.org/pda/palm-pre/feed/org.JewishContent.JewishBook_0.1.11_armv7.ipk
    and installed it with webOSquick install, then I downloaded the usb folders that yanivyon provided. But nothing comes up in Jewish Books.

Any ideas? Is the shiur.org folder supposed to be on the root?

Thanks!
    Again, That Siddur from JewishContent.org will NOT work with the new WebOS1.4.1! They're workingh on it.
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    Will the other programs work?
    How can I get any of the seforim from JewishContent.org?
    Thanks.
    No! And I haven't heard of any further progress!
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    Is there any way to open .palmPreBook files from JewishContent.org?
    Hi all I made a tehillim app for webOS you can get it here Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.

I also have a zemanim app search for "zemanim" in the catalog,

I'm working on a siddur, I need ideas, please email me at support at abesapps dot com
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    Hi all I made a tehillim app for webOS you can get it here Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.

I also have a zemanim app search for "zemanim" in the catalog,

I'm working on a siddur, I need ideas, please email me at support at abesapps dot com
    How about basing your Siddur app on the IPhone Siddur app? I've never seen a Jewish app done as well as that for any OS! I believe most of us could use ALL of the functionality of that app! BTW, it was written by Rustybrick.com.
    there is an amazing Tehillim app available now Check out Tehillim: Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further. worth every penny
    Isn't Jon Rubinstein Jewish?
    Any news on a new siddur?
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbisusman View Post
    I figured it out.
    copy this address into your browser
    preyourmind.org/files/org.shiur_.projects_0.1.1_all_0.ipk
    save it and then copy it to WebOS Quick install and install on your Pre
    and only after that follow the next steps

# lauch Preware on the Palm-Pre, and

1. Tap on Available Packages
    2. Tap on Feed
    3. Tap on JewishContent.org Projects
    4. Tap on Install

# close Preware

# lauch Preware again

# Tap on the menu item Update Feeds...

1. Tap on Available Packages
    2. Tap on Feeds (on the bottom)
    3. Tap on JewishContent.org
    4. Tap on Jewish Books
    5. Tap on Install

once that is done you can go to jewishcontent.org/pda/palm-pre and change the siddurs nusach and add / delete hebrew and/or english texts
    Well, preyourmind.org is no longer there. So how do I add this feed now to preware?
    how do you work with the folder?you just paste it to the directory?
    I just received an email from the amazing developer of Jewishcontent.org advising me that everything works again. Go to Jewish Lessons for the Palm-Pre (WebOS) and follow the simple steps... everything does work again! The siddur and many other useful books can be downloaded for free.
    It is back up and working, but one thing I noticed was that it doesn't update properly if you still have the old version on your phone. So what you need to do is delete the old version (just the program not the folder) restart your phone, find the jewish books program in preware, download and then hit rescan in the the luna manager. If you still have the folder on your harddrive all your books will be in the program right away. Hatzlocha everyone.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    thanks for your hardwork on this project. I was able to add the feed to preware but get an IPK error .
    i have tried reloading luna and WebOS quickinstall with no luck.

Download
    org.jewishcontent.jewishbook
    Failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/luna-send -n 6 luna://com.palm.appinstaller/installNoVerify '{"subscribe":true, "target": "/media/internal/.developer/org.jewishcontent.jewishbook_0.2.7_armv7.ipk", "uncompressedSize": 0}' 2>&1
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    I've got it installed but still only see the Nusach Ari siddur on my Pre, not Nusach Ashkenaz. Any way to get Ashkenaz? Thanks. {Jonathan}
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post
    I've got it installed but still only see the Nusach Ari siddur on my Pre, not Nusach Ashkenaz. Any way to get Ashkenaz? Thanks.

{Jonathan}

yes, read his website; he has a long list of available books, including an ashkenaz siddur. You just copy it to the folder on your Pre.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast