Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    com.andrewwalpole.foursquare_0.0.1_all.ipk in the Foursquare folder.

However, I'd recommend building the app from the source if you have the SDK installed.
    Quote Originally Posted by dslunceford View Post
    Which ipk(s) should we be installing from the github site?
    I did com.andrewwalpole.foursquare_0.0.1_all.ipk under the FourSquare File. It worked for me, the other two in teh Zip Package did not.
    Thank me if I helped you.
    Thank you!

Just got this installed, and it looks great. I haven't had much time to play with it yet, but certainly will. Also signed up for the beta when it's officially available.

Thanks again.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrantHeppes View Post
    I did com.andrewwalpole.foursquare_0.0.1_all.ipk under the FourSquare File. It worked for me, the other two in teh Zip Package did not.
    Hmmm, using webOS quickinstall I had an error "invalid magic" when just downloading the IPK from right click. DL'd and extracted Zip and it seemed to work fine. Can't wait to try...
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    I had that too at first. When you click on the link to the file, the site actually generates a html page with the .ipk file embedded/displayed in it. Up near the top there's a link that says "raw" I think. That's the base ipk to install.

I know that's not the clearest description, but I hope that helps...
    App doesn't seem to work for me; allows me to log in, but search venues never brings back data. Nor does searching for a known venue like Union Station in DC
    --Steve

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Just downloaded new version (12/09 IPK) and it seems to be working now (will know when I arrive in NYC Penn Station in an hour or so).
    --Steve

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    getting the gps coords on webos tends to be a little slow. if you're indoors, it'll take ages. that's what the lag is when loading nearby venues. once i get all the major features coded, i'll be going back and optimizing stuff like this.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Downloaded the ipk and installed it this morning. Works pretty good so far, I do notice a lag in finding your location though... and some of the features don't seem to load at all yet - but I was able to check in and post to Twitter. Seems like it is coming along nice, thanks sirgeoph.
    Follow me on Twitter: @jjshore
    thanks for the info.

yeah, the vast majority of features haven't yet been coded. hell, there isn't even a preference scene yet. if you're curious about what's done and will be done: wiki.github.com/foursquare/foursquare-palmpre/to-do-list-roadmap
    When I hit the little person button on the bottom, it doesn't load anything - it just spins. Is that a 'Yet-to-be-developed' feature? Or do I have too many Foursquare friends?

Thanks for all of your work!
    do you have the most recent build? it should be loading. that feature does exist.

anyone else having this issue?
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachel872 View Post
    When I hit the little person button on the bottom, it doesn't load anything - it just spins. Is that a 'Yet-to-be-developed' feature? Or do I have too many Foursquare friends?

Thanks for all of your work!
    When I've got full bars it takes 15-30 seconds to load my measly dozen friends.
    I've had it vary on loading friends from instant to 15 seconds on the emulator. Foursquare gets awfully slow sometimes, especially through the API. At the moment, I'm blaming them until I can find evidence supporting that the app isn't optimizing it's data retrieval.
    Very Happy that you added the distance of the venues
    Thank me if I helped you.
    Glad to hear! It was a random decision to add them in.
    Why is this not in the PreWare?
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    while I don't know if this is the reason, its pretty actively being worked on, with updates to the source coming very quickly.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    @designlevel2 - This isn't in PreWare because it's not a homebrew application (technically). We're working with Foursquare directly to have this be the official release.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast