1.    #1  
    my official app catalog is only showing 50 apps available...why is this happening? Is anyone else experiencing the same thing?
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    I think it only displays the top 50 per category. There has to be a limit. Imagine if it were the size of the iPhone's app store. There would be 75000 apps. I do hope the new app catalog has a better UI though, so you can see the next 50.
    Because there are only 50 apps available through Palm - even though we have over 200 homebrew here on this site, Palm has only officially recognized 50 that they approve.
    In the version on 1.2 it shows 83 apps. They changed quite a few things with the app catalog.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post
    Because there are only 50 apps available through Palm - even though we have over 200 homebrew here on this site, Palm has only officially recognized 50 that they approve.
    Not true. There are more than 50.
    does it mean, you can't page through the result? I mean, a google search result page is normally also limited, but you can page through it in 10 steps
    when you hit the most recent button, link or whatever you want to call it... it shows the fifty most recent apps... you want to see all the apps... sort them by alphabetical order or ratings... and than you can count them and share with us how many you got...
    Last edited by Neva Eva Forget 1984; 09/24/2009 at 10:28 AM. Reason: sp
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post
    Bzzzt ... wrong answer!

It appears that whatever sort order you chose, it only shows the top 50. This is especially dumb when you chose A-Z (alphabetical order) ... but there you have it. I don't see any way to list the entire catalog at the moment (although you can get to any app you know the name of by searching for that name). Hopefully the "real" app catalog will change this. Although once they get more apps, paging through a few hundred (thousand?) won't be very useful.
    My mistake - but since I can't download any more through the App Catalog, I don't use it often.

Does the 1.2 update allow you to avoid the "memory full" message?
    Quote Originally Posted by davis.rob View Post
    Bzzzt ... wrong answer!

It appears that whatever sort order you chose, it only shows the top 50. This is especially dumb when you chose A-Z (alphabetical order) ... but there you have it. I don't see any way to list the entire catalog at the moment (although you can get to any app you know the name of by searching for that name). Hopefully the "real" app catalog will change this. Although once they get more apps, paging through a few hundred (thousand?) won't be very useful.
    This appears to be fixed in the 1.2 app catalog.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  11.    #11  
    Ok thanx guys...I know there's more than 50 so I was kinda confused at first
    Must be the limit for one page or so currently, but with 1.2 its fixed.