1.    #1  
    We get many questions on D2G, so we wanted to describe how you can install the app into Classic.

This is how you install D2G:

1. when you download D2G, you will get an .exe file – run in on your PC
    2. then proceed to installation procedure in Classic: mount you Pre and navigate to the Install folder (within ClassicApps folder)
    3. on your PC, you would need to find D2G .prc and .pdb files to be able to copy them into Install folder in Classic: you can do this if you go to Program Files folder on your PC, find Documents to Go (or DataViz) folder and sort the files by type
    4. select all the files with .prc and .pdb extension and copy them to Install folder in Classic. Then just disconnect your Pre from your PC and start Classic

D2G will be installed in Classic.

To get docs into Classic, mount Pre and copy any file you want to use with D2G into ClassicApps/PALM/Programs/DXTG folder. When you go back to D2G in Classic, you’ll find documents if you navigate to this folder from the app.

After Classic v2.0 is out, none of this will be required. All you’ll need to do is HotSync after you ran .exe file on your PC to install, that is, to HotSync to share files between D2G and Classic. Voila!
    Follow us on Twitter

Hang out with us on Facebook

Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog
  2. cap
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=Classic by MotionApps;1916548]
    To get docs into Classic, mount Pre and copy any file you want to use with D2G into ClassicApps/PALM/Programs/DXTG folder. When you go back to D2G in Classic, you’ll find documents if you navigate to this folder from the app.
    QUOTE]

What if we don't put the docs in this folder? I've been putting them just in the Classic folder and have had no issues seeing or modifying them from there.
  3.    #3  
    Cool - as long as you can navigate to them, it will work. Putting them into this particular folder (DXTG) was just a suggestion, and a way we tried to keep things organized.
    Follow us on Twitter

Hang out with us on Facebook

Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog
    Just wanted to confirm that Hotsync in Classic does work with the Documents to Go sync application, so documents can be copied over to the Pre hassle free, including PDFs.

As a bonus, you can still use the Native Pre doc viewer apps to view the synced documents outside of Classic.
    What versions of Documents 2 Go have you tested? I have an older version (I forget the version offhand) that I used on a Sony Clie several years ago that met all my needs (particularly password-protected documents). I don't see a reason to upgrade if it will work. I was going to try it out but I don't have HotSync installed on any of my pc's anymore, and I have to do that first. I believe the version I have was compatible with Office documents through at least XP if not 2003. As for Office 2007 .docx -- nobody should be subjected to that trash.
    I keep getting an error message. It says "The application to open this type of document could not be found". It happens regardless of whether I try word or excel or.....

Can you help me?