Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1.    #1  
    If any Classic users would be so kind as to test apps for those of us who do not have Classic (or Pres for that matter), that would be wonderful.

    The apps that I would like to know if they work in Classic are:
    ChessDlx
    ClockDeluxe
    Destaller
    Hiarcs
    Invisible
    Jampaq Pro BlackJack 4.0
    MiniBar
    MovianVPN
    MSDict
    PalmRevolt
    Real World Blackjack
    Resco Explorer
    Rotary
    Quick Memos
    Splash ID
    TopSuDoKu
    Tube
    Tube2
    VFSFTP+
  2. #2  
    you can see if the apps you are referring to are classic certified by searching here:

    Smartphone Software and Smartphone Accessories - MobiHand Store
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3. #3  
    And more reports on some of the apps our users already tested at
    Classic Well - MotionApps

    Here’s what we have, to shorten the list a bit:

    1. ChessDlx – not tested
    2. Clock Deluxe – reported as running well
    3. Destaller – not tested
    4. Hiarcs – not tested
    5. Invisible – not tested
    6. Jampaq Pro BlackJack 4.0 – not tested (BJ Deluxe and Aces BJ reported as running well)
    7. MiniBar – not tested (cheers!)
    8. MovianVPN – not tested
    9. MSDict – reported as running well (MSDict Concise Oxford English Dictionary and Thesaurus)
    10. PalmRevolt – not tested
    11. Real World Blackjack – not tested
    12. Resco Explorer – works well
    13. Rotary – not tested
    14. Quick Memos – not tested
    15. Splash ID – works well
    16. TopSuDoKu – not tested (other tested Sudoku apps are working well, like Astraware Sudoku, Deluxe Sudoku…)
    17. Tube – not tested
    18. Tube2 – not tested
    19. VFSFTP+ - not tested
    Follow us on Twitter

    Hang out with us on Facebook

    Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog
  4.    #4  
    Bump.
  5.    #5  
    Can anyone test any of the above apps with Classic 2.0?
  6.    #6  
    I am particularly interested to see if TCPMP or Quick Memos now works.
  7.    #7  
    Anyone care to test TCPMP with Classic 2.0?
  8.    #8  
    Has everyone converted their videos to .mp4 and never looked back?
  9. #9  
    OK, I picked what I consider to be the most important piece of software from your list, and I'm happy to report that MiniBar 3.0 appears to work!

    You're welcome!

    Tom
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by pureinstinct93 View Post
    Has everyone converted their videos to .mp4 and never looked back?
    Yeah, pretty much. Why would I want to watch a movie on a 320 x 320 screen when I'm holding onto a 320 x 480 device?

    TCPMP totally rocked on the TX, though. You could throw just about any movie at it, and it would just play -- with some pretty decent controls, too. Not so with the Pre, or an iPod, or....to say nothing about storing and playing from an SD card. Oh, and it was free. <sigh>

    Regards,
    Tom
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
    OK, I picked what I consider to be the most important piece of software from your list, and I'm happy to report that MiniBar 3.0 appears to work!

    You're welcome!

    Tom
    LOL.

    Someone already reported in Classic Well about this one, but it is good to be reminded. Especially on Fridays
    Follow us on Twitter

    Hang out with us on Facebook

    Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic by MotionApps View Post
    LOL.

    Someone already reported in Classic Well about this one, but it is good to be reminded. Especially on Fridays
    Any update on what's new in 2.0.1

    http://forums.precentral.net/officia...c-2-0-1-a.html
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    1. Major improvements in performance
    2. Improved overall user experience (menu options tweaked, addressed some FAQ items etc.)
    3. Few minor bugs fixed

    feel free to repost wherever people ask, in case we miss to. thanks
    Follow us on Twitter

    Hang out with us on Facebook

    Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog
  14. #14  
    Thanks for the reply, & update. Picked up first from your Twitter post

    Have reposted in the other thread
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  15.    #15  
    I finally got a Pre and tested many of the apps on my list:

    ChessDlx - Does not work
    Chess Genius - Does not work
    ClockDeluxe - Did not try
    Destaller - Did not try
    Hiarcs - Does not work :-(
    Invisible - Did not try
    Jampaq Pro BlackJack 4.0 - Works
    MiniBar - Works
    MovianVPN - Installed (via file copying in Resco Explorer), but did not work
    MSDict - Works
    PalmRevolt - Did not try
    Real World Blackjack - Works
    Resco Explorer - Works
    Rotary - Did not try, as I don't need it for the few Classic apps I have
    Quick Memos - Did not try, as I am using the Notes syncing of Chapura Pocket Mirror
    Splash ID - Works and syncs!
    TopSuDoKu - Works
    Tube - Does not work; hangs Classic/Pre
    Tube2 - Does not work; hangs Classic/Pre
    VFSFTP+ - Runs; did not connect to an FTP site.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by pureinstinct93 View Post
    I finally got a Pre and tested many of the apps on my list:

    ChessDlx - Does not work
    Chess Genius - Does not work
    ClockDeluxe - Did not try
    Destaller - Did not try
    Hiarcs - Does not work :-(
    Invisible - Did not try
    Jampaq Pro BlackJack 4.0 - Works
    MiniBar - Works
    MovianVPN - Installed (via file copying in Resco Explorer), but did not work
    MSDict - Works
    PalmRevolt - Did not try
    Real World Blackjack - Works
    Resco Explorer - Works
    Rotary - Did not try, as I don't need it for the few Classic apps I have
    Quick Memos - Did not try, as I am using the Notes syncing of Chapura Pocket Mirror
    Splash ID - Works and syncs!
    TopSuDoKu - Works
    Tube - Does not work; hangs Classic/Pre
    Tube2 - Does not work; hangs Classic/Pre
    VFSFTP+ - Runs; did not connect to an FTP site.
    wow, this must have required some serious work/time. Thanks!

    Did you report about your results in Classic Well for other people (that might not be coming to the forums) about these? If you did not/do not have the time to do it, let us know, we'll report based on your results.

    Thanks again!
    Follow us on Twitter

    Hang out with us on Facebook

    Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog
  17.    #17  
    Correction: for VFSFTP+, I should have said that it runs but I did not *try* connecting to an FTP site.

    What is the Classic Well?
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by pureinstinct93 View Post
    Correction: for VFSFTP+, I should have said that it runs but I did not *try* connecting to an FTP site.

    What is the Classic Well?
    Classic Well - MotionApps

    a user driven forum where you can report and check if someone tested and reported on particular apps
    Follow us on Twitter

    Hang out with us on Facebook

    Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog

Posting Permissions