Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Looks like this thread ended with the last question? I am a Verizon user. I have successfully paired my laptop and Pre, and was able to do the joining of personal network. The Pre shows the laptop connected.
    But the hotsync still does not function. It says it cannot establish a connection. I've tried both the computer name and the IP address reflected in the personal network icon. Hoping for a quick response since my attention was caught by today and tomorrow's special price .
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!
    I'm in same situation as previous poster - Pre and Mac show bluetooth pairing, entered in the computer name, as shown in the Bluetooth pairing, but when I click to connect it says it can't. How do I do wifi vs. bluetooth?
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    When I set mine up a while back, my firewall was not allowing the hotsync traffic. I had to specify the HotSync Manager as a exception to allow the traffic. Was my problem; thought I would throw it out there.
    I don't think it is the firewall, as I'm able to do a bluetooth hotsync to my Centro from the same machine...

How does Classic decide if the hotsync should use wifi or bluetooth? And for that matter, where are the best instructions for this? I read this thread, watched the youtube video, went to motionapps website, and am not sure I have the real, correct way to do this.

I must say, I LOVE Classic, and think it is fantastic.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
  5.    #45  
    Here's a check list HotSync in Classic

Classic does not decide whether to use WiFi or BT - you do. But thanks for the idea: imagine if Classic was capable of making decisions...
    Follow us on Twitter

Hang out with us on Facebook

Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123