1.    #1  
    I've installed the Terminal appication several times and I must be missed a required step or application that requires installation, but when I open the Terminal application I only get a black screen. I wait minutes, but it still doesn't do anything else. Opening another terminal just gives me another black terminal card.

Any ideas on what I am missing?

Dav
  2.    #2  
    Forget it. I got it. I uninstalled the plugin and then reinstalled it and it worked. Not sure why it didn't install properly the first time, but at least it is working.

Dav
    I experienced the same problem and thanks to seeing your post... fixed with the same solution.

Company won't let me VPN from my phone... so how about a reverse IP tunnel? ;o)

No, I won't be writing any code on the Pre as someone suggested they might do in another thread... but I do have stuff to monitor... possibly make tweaks to scripts/etc... how cool is it that we can do it from a smartphone? (would one of those bluetooth, projected keyboards be an option on the Pre?) My second day with the Pre... I absolutely love it! From this to tethered access to the web for my laptop... very cool stuff.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    When I installed the terminal with PreWare, it installed the dependency (the terminal plugin), but didn't prompt me for running the plugin install script. I suspect this is the source of the issue. I deleted the terminal and the plugin, then installed the plugin first (and it prompted me for the install script). Then I installed the app and it works now.

I just went back and re-read the application information page for PreWare on webos-internals.org. It specifically mentions that "Preware does not individually sequence dependencies during installation" in the "Limitations" section of the Wiki page.
    Last edited by nt4cats; 10/05/2009 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Added more detail