Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    does anyone know where the daily scripture or the lds scriptures went. they used to be on the homebrew download list
    Getting ready for the app catalog maybe? Idk...almost to 1K posts though
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Until they have an official easy to use app just put a bookmark to
    scriptures.lds.org

Their code is pretty tight so it pulls up pretty quick even if your connection isn't the best.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    IF you need help compiling the Beta Gospel Library Mobile Edition WebOS let me know, I'll try and point you in the right direction.

PS it works great!!
    Agreed. And compiling was very easy and straightforward.
    How do we go about compiling that Beta? I downloaded the palm sdk and virtualbox for mac. But I don't know where to go from there. I have zero programming experience.
    I'm not sure how on a mac, but you need your lds.org login info and an svn client to download from the server. Other than that it's just a few simple commands.
    Just figured it out! This app is great! My only question/complaint: why is the search function limited to online searching?
    Quote Originally Posted by shoes44 View Post
    Just figured it out! This app is great! My only question/complaint: why is the search function limited to online searching?
    Huh... good question. I've been compiling/using the beta for a while now and somehow completely missed that. I'm going to hunt around or ask over at LDS techweb.
    I wish they'd just start updating the program more and get as many features put into this pre-beta version while they wait for the go ahead to put it into the app catalog. The svn I've had zero problems with the svn version thus far.
    Looks like there's been an update... My previous compilation gave version 0.1.8 with MD5 sum 663f063c9c13a5e54ded5ee1ebbc78e1 and byte size 11781608. Now it's 0.1.9 with sum 98b44c177f813cc9d4dbab4f345137b6 and byte size 9687504. Haven't installed it quite yet, look forward to checking it out...
    Some enterprising individual want to walk me through the process of compiling?

Thanks!
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    Some enterprising individual want to walk me through the process of compiling?

Thanks!
    Here's a stab at it...

1) Get and install the WebOS SDK.
    2) Get an SVN client. I generally only use the one built into Cygwin, but a dev friend here at work suggested TortoiseSVN as a Windows option. It you're a Mac user, perhaps someone can recommend something? Note that Tortoise requires a system restart, which I'm going to do now. So, I'll come back and finish this post in a few minutes.
    3) Ok, I'm back. Now, assuming you're using TortoiseSVN, make a folder you'd like to store the code in. Once it's made, right-click on the folder and select "SVN Checkout". In the "checkout" dialog, only one thing has to be changed: in "URL of repository", put:

Code:
    https://dev.lds.org/svn/scriptures/palmpre/trunk/src
    ... then click "OK". You'll be asked for credentials. These are the same username and password you use to log into restricted portions of lds.org, such as ward and stake websites. Then click "OK". A long stream of text should go by, and when it's finished your folder's icon should have changed to have a green checkmark, and there should be new stuff inside it.
    4) Go to
    Code:
    Start -> Run
    and type "cmd" and enter. In the window that appears, type:

Code:
    c:<enter>
    cd "path_to_folder_with_downloaded_files"
    So, in my case, the files are stored in:
    Code:
    Documents and Settings\froggersloth\Desktop\Downloads\Pre_related\CodeBase
    The command, then, is:
    Code:
    cd "Documents and Settings\froggersloth\Desktop\Downloads\Pre_related\CodeBase"
    5) Type:

Code:
    "\Program Files\Palm\SDK\bin\palm-package.bat" .
    Note that the quotes are part of the command, that there's a leading slash after the opening quote, and that there's a trailing period. The first part (everything in quotes, and the quotes themselves) calls the compiler; the second part (the period) tells the compiler to act on the files in the present directory.

If everything works, you should have a message like:

Code:
    creating package org.lds.gospellibrary_0.1.9_all.ipk in C:\Documents and Settings\froggersloth\Desktop\Downloads\Pre_related\CodeBase\Scriptures
    And then an .ipk will magically appear. That can be installed on your Pre/Pixi using WebOS Quick Install.

I hope that helps. Let us know if more detail, or less, would be helpful. Good luck, and let us know how it turns out.
    Last edited by froggersloth; 03/09/2010 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Reboot finished
    Hmm... now that I've gone through this with a different SVN client, I note that my previous post with sizes and MD5 sums was wrong... apparently I had a repo embedded within a repo. Strange stuff. Anyway, it looks like it should end up about ~3.5MB.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    any news on when this will be released for beta or app catalog
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by froggersloth View Post
    Here's a stab at it...

1) Get and install the WebOS SDK.
    2) Get an SVN client. I generally only use the one built into Cygwin, but a dev friend here at work suggested TortoiseSVN as a Windows option. It you're a Mac user, perhaps someone can recommend something? Note that Tortoise requires a system restart, which I'm going to do now. So, I'll come back and finish this post in a few minutes.
    3) Ok, I'm back. Now, assuming you're using TortoiseSVN, make a folder you'd like to store the code in. Once it's made, right-click on the folder and select "SVN Checkout". In the "checkout" dialog, only one thing has to be changed: in "URL of repository", put:

Code:
    https://dev.lds.org/svn/scriptures/palmpre/trunk/src
    ... then click "OK". You'll be asked for credentials. These are the same username and password you use to log into restricted portions of lds.org, such as ward and stake websites. Then click "OK". A long stream of text should go by, and when it's finished your folder's icon should have changed to have a green checkmark, and there should be new stuff inside it.
    4) Go to
    Code:
    Start -> Run
    and type "cmd" and enter. In the window that appears, type:

Code:
    c:<enter>
    cd "path_to_folder_with_downloaded_files"
    So, in my case, the files are stored in:
    Code:
    Documents and Settings\froggersloth\Desktop\Downloads\Pre_related\CodeBase
    The command, then, is:
    Code:
    cd "Documents and Settings\froggersloth\Desktop\Downloads\Pre_related\CodeBase"
    5) Type:

Code:
    "\Program Files\Palm\SDK\bin\palm-package.bat" .
    Note that the quotes are part of the command, that there's a leading slash after the opening quote, and that there's a trailing period. The first part (everything in quotes, and the quotes themselves) calls the compiler; the second part (the period) tells the compiler to act on the files in the present directory.

If everything works, you should have a message like:

Code:
    creating package org.lds.gospellibrary_0.1.9_all.ipk in C:\Documents and Settings\froggersloth\Desktop\Downloads\Pre_related\CodeBase\Scriptures
    And then an .ipk will magically appear. That can be installed on your Pre/Pixi using WebOS Quick Install.

I hope that helps. Let us know if more detail, or less, would be helpful. Good luck, and let us know how it turns out.
    is there anyway to package it using eclipse, I tried running it using mojo application, but it kept giving me and error "An internal error occurred during: "Launching New_configuration (1)".
    Path for project must have only one segment."

Any ideas why, i imported it using eclipse and now it wont package

update: ok i got it to work, ill check back in and let you know what i think
    Last edited by rothoof; 03/10/2010 at 05:00 PM.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I've been playing around with this and I like it so far. Seems pretty easy to navigate and very readable.

I had some problems getting the palm-package command to work at first. Turns out that the SVN program had not downloaded all of the data. I ran the SVN update and then it worked fine.
    I have followed the directions as outlined, but I can't get past step 3. I enter my username and password, but it is not accepted. Just to check things out, I went to lds.org and logged in to view my stake and ward info and it worked just fine there.

Am I missing something?
    I've heard it helps to log into the website and leave it open while you compile. Though I didn't have this issue when I did it.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast