Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    There is no direct download link available at this time, only way to install is via WebOS Quick Install. You can download the IPK from here. (0.2.0 version currently)

https://tech.lds.org/wiki/index.php/...y_for_Palm_Pre

http://tech.lds.org/mobile/org.lds.g..._0.2.0_all.ipk
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by jakelaw View Post
    Ok, I've been futzing around with this, and cannot seem to access the marking with colors and the notes. I am on the 0.2.0 version. Maybe there is just a menu somewhere I am missing....?
    tap on the verse and select options. Then highlights and notes.
    Found it, thanks very much!
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    I noticed that in SVN the Gospel Library app has been bumped to version 1.0 beta. Is this going to land in Preware or, even better, the Palm Catalog soon?
    I noticed in the app cataloge today a french version and english version for $4.99 each that say specifically it is not the version authorized by the church, but the screen shots look ALOT like the ones that we have. Is there anything keeping someone from reverse engenering the files, translating them, changing the graphics a little then selling it?
    Last edited by jakelaw; 05/23/2010 at 09:13 PM.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jakelaw View Post
    I noticed in the app cataloge today a french version and english version for $4.99 each that say specifically it is not the version authorized by the church, but the screen shots look ALOT like the ones that we have. Is there anything keeping someone from reverse engenering the files, translating them, changing the graphics a little then selling it?
    Nope there is nothing that can prevent it. However that is not what is done here. I can tell you that the version for 4.99 REQUIRES the internet to view scriptures, the official version will not. This is more like the old version we had that was internet based... The very first ones someone here wrote. But yes, the official ones are open source, and anyone can get their hands on the source code change what ever they want, and then release and sell it.

I COULD, but I WILL NOT. With that said, keep patient we will have something soon.
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
    There are a few bad apples in every bushel.
    The LDSTech Wiki has updated their SVN on the home page to 1.0.0. The app now includes the latest General Conference (April 2010) and both the "Gospel Principles" manual and the Old Testament Study Guide. You have to compile yourself to get this, as the provided link for the compiled .ipk is still 0.2.0.
    ...and just like that, the app is now in the official Palm App Catalog.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    This is great news for LDS WebOS users!
    The official LDS Gospel Library v1.0 is currently available for free from the app catalog.

LDS Gospel Library App for webOS

This version contains the entire Old & New Testaments, Book of Mormon, Doctrine & Covenants, Pearl of Great Price, Bible Dictionary and Topical Guide. It also contains the April 2010 General Conference, Gospel Principles manual and Old Testament Study Guide. Future versions will include the ability to download on demand from a large library of Church publications.
    @Reuben:

Thanks for all your work on this app and I look forward to future updates. Any chance you'll be implementing an import/export functionality for the highlighted/commented areas that one can add to the scriptures?

Thanks!
    wow it looks great, can't wait to use it in my class. I feel bad for all those people that bought the app last week for 4.99. Again great work
    This is great! Thank you so much for all of your hard work, Reuben (and all the others I don't know about).

What a great tool. Thanks again.
    I know a lot of people will be very happy with this. Glad it could finally get out to the Public.
    I've been using the beta versions for a while. The 1.0 version is just great. Here's hoping for regular updates and additional features. Also, this application is very, very fast. I can get to any reference much faster than anyone using hard copy. And following the footnotes is much more intuitive and you can keep your train of thought going, since you aren't spending all your time thumbing through the pages to get to the next scripture.
    Thanks for the App! Very nice indeed. Since the Pre is built around multi tasking, is it possible to add multiple cards to this app? For instance, while in the lesson manual it would be cool to open another card with a scripture reference?

Again, thanks for all of the hard work. I can now put the ipod to rest!
    Quote Originally Posted by swissarmy View Post
    Thanks for the App! Very nice indeed. Since the Pre is built around multi tasking, is it possible to add multiple cards to this app? For instance, while in the lesson manual it would be cool to open another card with a scripture reference?

Again, thanks for all of the hard work. I can now put the ipod to rest!
    According to the Project Roadmap on the LDS Wiki (https://tech.lds.org/wiki/index.php/...for_Palm_webOS) Multiple Card support is planned/desired for version 1.4. Although, some features listed as post 1.0 are already available, so anything could happen. Someone involved in this project, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
    very nice app. Not a big deal, but would love to be able to go directly to a specific verse instead of scrolling w/in a chapter.
    Any chance of integrating this app with the LDS Scripture Citation Index app available for Android?
    LDS Scripture Citation Index for Android Project

It would make for an even more complete app and very, very usable for what I do! Thanks and please let us users know if this is possible/difficult/probable.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast