Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks for the link. It is indeed a Palm Beta feed page, but I had to manually type in the address to find it. I had 0.1.8 and no OTA came to me.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jakelaw View Post
    I had version 0.1.9 as it was emailed to me by Will a couple of months back. Has this been released anywhere? Because mine just did an OTA update to the 0.2.0 version and I am not sure how. I have pretty heavily patched my Pre and have several custom feeds in my Preware, but I have no idea where the OTA update for the scriptures came from. It is very cool, and works great, but I have no idea how it updated. Ideas would be appreciated.
    OK, I am a registered developer with Palm, and I am registered on the tech.lds.org site as a developer. I uploaded as a PRIVATE beta feed, with no RSS publishing (to keep it out of all catalogs). Supposedly the only way to get to it is by clicking on the direct URL link. Apparently that is wrong. I have asked that the link here be removed from this thread.

I was not aware that it would update automatically. Did you have to look for updates, or did you launch the scriptures and it prompted you to update?

I was not authorized to release these and as such I will probably have to pull them down. I was really surprised to see 18 downloads of it today when I only shared the link with 1 person, and he shared with nobody. The idea was if someone wanted them I would email just the link instead of emailing the file. This would allow people to install without using WOSQI.

I'm sorry for any confusion people. This again is very unofficial.
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
    Will, I launched the update app (palm, not preware) and it showed sciptures had an update so I tapped it and it updated. I really like the new stuff. Any idea when additional volumes (manuals, magazines, etc.) will be added?
    Quote Originally Posted by SirWill View Post
    OK, I am a registered developer with Palm, and I am registered on the tech.lds.org site as a developer. I uploaded as a PRIVATE beta feed, with no RSS publishing (to keep it out of all catalogs). Supposedly the only way to get to it is by clicking on the direct URL link. Apparently that is wrong. I have asked that the link here be removed from this thread.

I was not aware that it would update automatically. Did you have to look for updates, or did you launch the scriptures and it prompted you to update?

I was not authorized to release these and as such I will probably have to pull them down. I was really surprised to see 18 downloads of it today when I only shared the link with 1 person, and he shared with nobody. The idea was if someone wanted them I would email just the link instead of emailing the file. This would allow people to install without using WOSQI.

I'm sorry for any confusion people. This again is very unofficial.
    I know in the past, those with the Beta Facebook app were able to update through the App Catalog before it showed up in any of the feeds as an update. Perhaps there is a "bug" that lets an app override the PRIVATE setting and no RSS publishing for updating itself?
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    There is Beta, and then there is Beta feed. You can have an item in the Beta section (The Facebook App) and still show up in the RSS feeds (what drives the catalogs), or you can choose to have it in Beta, but be "Private" and not in the RSS feeds.

The Facebook app was not marked private, just "Beta".
    -----------------

Will,

So sorry that I posted the Link - I have removed it from my post in this thread at your request. I figured since it was updating over the air (from a beta feed) that it was good to share.

To answer your question: I just ran the Pre's Update app (not preware or anything) and strangely, it prompted me to update Gospel Library. I was surprised since everywhere I checked it wasn't on the app listings (PreCentral). So yeah - it just started updating on it's own. By clicking on the Gospel Library record from the Update App screen while it was still downloading, it took me to the Private Beta page, from which I was able to post a review (TracyF) and share it (giving me the direct link).

FYI: My dad and grandfather also got the update over the air in a similar manner.

Anyway - I am loving the app and hope it still gets some attention. It is really great. Thanks!

Will,

So sorry that I posted the Link - I have removed it from my post in this thread at your request. I figured since it was updating over the air (from a beta feed) that it was good to share.

To answer your question: I just ran the Pre's Update app (not preware or anything) and strangely, it prompted me to update Gospel Library. I was surprised since everywhere I checked it wasn't on the app listings (PreCentral). So yeah - it just started updating on it's own. By clicking on the Gospel Library record from the Update App screen while it was still downloading, it took me to the Private Beta page, from which I was able to post a review (TracyF) and share it (giving me the direct link).

FYI: My dad and grandfather also got the update over the air in a similar manner.

Anyway - I am loving the app and hope it still gets some attention. It is really great. Thanks!
    Will,

I've had 0.1.9 for a month or so and love it. Now --if we can only convince some of you smart guys to work on Ward Tools for WebOS....then I’d be really happy!!!!
    FYI, I was updated as well from the Palm App Catalog. Hit the little shopping bag symbol, had a few different updates that needed to be done, didn't even notice "Gospel Library" until I saw the Angel Moroni symbol on my launcher. I posted a review before I looked here and saw that it's not supposed to be up...

If it's any conciliation, it upgraded flawlessly from 0.1.8 for me. I know there's a lot more to Church approval that just making sure it works, but now that we know WebOS is going to be here for the long haul, I hope this gets wide release soon.
    Mine still has the Mobile Scriptures Icon in the launcher, but did display the Moroni Icon in the Update App while it was downloading. Also the Moroni icon is there if you list the apps in the launcher (under the software tab).

I am loving 0.2.0 though! I can't wait for conference talks, lesson books, and others. Ward tools would also be awesome - especially if you could access the ward directory.

Hope all is well with everyone...
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Well, I've learned a lesson in all of this. Don't worry about reviews. I'm leaving it right now for people. The good news is only people who already have it installed will see it as an update, and that people who do not have it, can not get to it without the link. If anybody wants the link send me a PM with an email address that you can get on your phone, and I'll send you a link to allow you to install it.

The primary reason I did this is the app grew this last time, and it's a big file to email people. It also can be a pain to install BIG files over WOSQI / USB.

Technically they have posted this version as a "Developer" version on the main pre page on the development site. https://tech.lds.org/wiki/index.php/...y_for_Palm_Pre

http://tech.lds.org/mobile/org.lds.g..._0.2.0_all.ipk

This is the same over the air version that I have uploaded. If people want to install via WOSQI, they can download it from the link I just posted, and install it that way.

I'm leaving it in the private beta status OTA until told to take it down, or it is released officially. I'll update it when ever there is a new tested version that is as stable as the one that is up there now.

Anybody who wants to leave a review feel free, however know that those reviews will not migrate to the official released version when it is released. And yes, some day it will be released.
    -----------------
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyTF View Post
    Mine still has the Mobile Scriptures Icon in the launcher, but did display the Moroni Icon in the Update App while it was downloading.
    Try restarting Luna if you have the ability, otherwise restart the phone. I'm willing to bet the image is updated in the launcher. Let me know if that does the trick.
    -----------------
    Try restarting Luna if you have the ability, otherwise restart the phone. I'm willing to bet the image is updated in the launcher. Let me know if that does the trick.
    Simply restarting the phone did the trick. Thanks again.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Just a head's up. I re-updated the source files and recompiled. It's showing version 1.0.0 now so looks like we're about there.

New features I noticed (maybe I just didn't notice in previous version 0.2.0?) are the ability to mark scriptures with one of several colors and to add notes to those scriptures as well.

Pretty new icon with a black Book of Mormon with gold Moroni on cover. Definitely feels 1.0 to me. Go webOS!
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by asharrop View Post
    Just a head's up. I re-updated the source files and recompiled. It's showing version 1.0.0 now so looks like we're about there.

New features I noticed (maybe I just didn't notice in previous version 0.2.0?) are the ability to mark scriptures with one of several colors and to add notes to those scriptures as well.

Pretty new icon with a black Book of Mormon with gold Moroni on cover. Definitely feels 1.0 to me. Go webOS!
    those features were in 0.2.0
    -----------------
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I have requested suspension of the beta app in the Palm catalog in anticipation of the 1.0.0 official release they are working on.
    -----------------
    Since 0.2.0 the ability to click on options and stream audio is gone? Is it in another place I am just missing?
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    woops, those features were in 0.2.0 you're right. Guess i'm just not too observant. Well the new icon set is still nice...
    Quote Originally Posted by asharrop View Post

Ok, I've been futzing around with this, and cannot seem to access the marking with colors and the notes. I am on the 0.2.0 version. Maybe there is just a menu somewhere I am missing....?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast