Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cdwakamatsu View Post
    I have followed the directions as outlined, but I can't get past step 3. I enter my username and password, but it is not accepted. Just to check things out, I went to lds.org and logged in to view my stake and ward info and it worked just fine there.

Am I missing something?
    I'm not sure about what might be going on, but perhaps there's some other login it wants? For example, my credentials are the same for lds.org (ward websites, etc) and LDS tech forums, but as I recall, I did have to sign up separately for LDS tech forums. Perhaps try that and use whatever credentials you create there?

LDS Technology Forums - Powered by vBulletin
    I was using an old lds.org sign-on, when I used my new one it worked.

I got everything working and am very happy! Thanks for the instructions posted by "froggersloth"! I was just going to wait until it came out on Homebrew, but when I saw the step by step instructions "froggersloth" posted, I thought they were simple enough to give it a try.

Thank you! Now I can teach my friends how to do it
    Well that works great. Just barely had a chance to compile. Now we just need to have all the functionality from the You Tube video....
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    I agree Pog, but so far, the scriptures are pretty good. I used the Mark My Scriptures and had all my manuals, and all kinds of stuff on my Centro. It was a little 'boxy' UI wise, but it worked and I hope that this eventually has all of the stuff available ie: magazines, manuals, hymn books, etc. Thanks to Will for sending men the ipk file. I will get it installed on my wife's Pre (which I bought from Pogeypre by the way) and see how she likes it.
    I finally went through the whole process to get it ... and I love it. So awesome. And the great news is that there should be a lot more functionality coming.

Quick question: In theory, I should be able to send the .ipk file I made to my father and he could install it directly, right?
    Any chance I could grab the compiled IPK from someone, or is that a no-no?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonolee View Post
    Any chance I could grab the compiled IPK from someone, or is that a no-no?
    PM me your email and I'll send it to you...that goes for anyone else who wants it and doesn't want to or can't compile it.
    Quote Originally Posted by danipoak View Post
    PM me your email and I'll send it to you...that goes for anyone else who wants it and doesn't want to or can't compile it.
    Thanks! PM sent.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thedonger View Post
    IF you need help compiling the Beta Gospel Library Mobile Edition WebOS let me know, I'll try and point you in the right direction.

PS it works great!!
    Yes if you can help me with that that would be great
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I just recompiled the files and it looks like were at 0.2.0 now. I'll play around with this and see if anything's changed.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by romls View Post
    I just recompiled the files and it looks like were at 0.2.0 now. I'll play around with this and see if anything's changed.
    Don't update yet!

The links to chapters are not working in this version. They have added some nice features like illustrations and study helps and changed the icon, but if you click on a chapter in any of the actual books, it does not open. For instance, if you click on Book of Mormon, it opens the contents list. You then click on 1st Nephi, it does not do anything. This is true for all of the standard works. As a work around, you can use the search function and then open any book using the drop down menu on the right hand side.

I'm going to recompile again and see if it's fixed.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Okay. I updated the files again and recompiled and it's working now. Not sure what the issue was.
    What's the best way to update?

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by romls View Post
    Okay. I updated the files again and recompiled and it's working now. Not sure what the issue was.
    indeed, I have version 0.1.9 and love it, would like the updated version if possible. I could pm you my gmail address....
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Sure. PM me your email and I will send it to you.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I use the tortoisesvn program and it is really easy to update the files and recompile them. Simply right click on the folder where you originally downloaded the files and click on SVN Update. Once it's done downloading the updated files you will need to go to the command prompt and change directories to where the files are stored and then invoke the "palm-patch.bat" . command as outlined in a previous post.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    0.2.0 grew in size big time because of all of the graphics included. I'm using it and it's pretty good. I've still been sending 0.1.8 to people because of the file size. I also wanted to make sure that there really were no issues with it. I've been using it for a couple weeks now. I can send either to people who ask. (0.1.9 is broken)
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
    Just installed 0.2.0. It is really great. No issues thus far.
    I had version 0.1.9 as it was emailed to me by Will a couple of months back. Has this been released anywhere? Because mine just did an OTA update to the 0.2.0 version and I am not sure how. I have pretty heavily patched my Pre and have several custom feeds in my Preware, but I have no idea where the OTA update for the scriptures came from. It is very cool, and works great, but I have no idea how it updated. Ideas would be appreciated.
    Last edited by jakelaw; 05/01/2010 at 07:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jakelaw View Post
    I had version 0.1.9 as it was emailed to me by Will a couple of months back. Has this been released anywhere? Because mine just did an OTA update to the 0.2.0 version and I am not sure how. I have pretty heavily patched my Pre and have several custom feeds in my Preware, but I have no idea where the OTA update for the scriptures came from. It is very cool, and works great, but I have no idea how it updated. Ideas would be appreciated.
    I also just got the update! It seems to be working great! I'm also a bit curious as to how I got the update, since I don't see it in the app catalog and don't see it in PreCentral's lists. I have some simple patches on my pre, but nothing fancy.

The new app seems great! Nothing huge. Here are some of the changes I noticed:

1. When you select a book, instead of just taking you to Chapter One and you selecting a chapter from the dropdown, it initally brings up all of the chapters for you to select from.
    2. Notes and Highlighting seem to work well now.
    3. Online search is enabled - I can't remember if that was working in 0.1.9, but it is decent now.
    4. Bookmarks and History are both working great.
    5. The Gospel helps for the BD and TG are both populated now with data.

Anyway: I would love to know how the update happened and what the plans are. Other than Jake's comment here (and the one I noticed on the LDS Tech Wiki site), I haven't seen any updates from developers. Any one have any news?

Just in case this works, there was a beta page that loaded on my pre from the app catalog (similar for other beta apps) and it let me share the app with others. So I'm not sure if it would allow people who don't already have 0.1.9 to download it or if those that do have it but haven't gotten the OTA Update could just use this link.

*** Link Edited Out at the Request of Developer ***
    Last edited by IndyTF; 05/03/2010 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Removed Link at Developer Request
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast