Page 1 of 18 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Welcome to Weatherman, a revolutionary new application for Palm's WebOS. Unlike an ordinary weather application, Weatherman will keep you informed at all times. Weatherman displays the current temperature, wind speed, and humidity, as well as a 4 day forecast in the background. There is no need to keep the card open, and weather is viewable on your lock screen.

Features

Background weather updates
    Automatically receive updates to the weather without needing to run an application or leaving a card open on your phone. Optimized to have minimal impact to your battery life.

Weather on your lock screen
    Information is available from your lock screen for quick, at a glance, views of weather forecasts.

Customizable background
    Personalize your weather background with your own personal wallpaper

Location options
    Set the weather to a specific United States ZIP code or allow Weatherman to dynamically change the weather to your current location using GPS.

How to get Weatherman

Weatherman is available in the official application catalog. You can download the full version for $1.49.

We've posted an FAQ here.

If you have any questions or concerns, please email me at weatherman@wizardapps.net

This application works in WebOS 1.1 AND HIGHER
    Last edited by TIWizard; 03/19/2010 at 07:52 PM.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    That isn't a donation...that is a payment.
    Get your words straight.
    Very good idea, I have been waiting for something like this, but this is NOT freeware it is TRIALWARE. I may give it a try, but without a full functional program to try may not donate.
    Last edited by pjjohn73; 09/20/2009 at 08:23 PM.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by pjjohn73 View Post
    Very good idea, I have been waiting for something like this, but this is NOT freeware it is TRIALWARE. I may give it a try, but without a full functional program to try may not donate.
    Even without a donation, this program is fully functional. You can open the card and update the weather whenever you want.
    ok so if i pay for it now will i get to keep it when it goes in to the app. catalog, and will i get to receive updates???
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Looks pretty interesting. I'll have to give this a try.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    ok so if i pay for it now will i get to keep it when it goes in to the app. catalog, and will i get to receive updates???
    All updates will be available to everyone. Those who donate will always have the extended functionality.

If this program goes into the official application catalog, I will continue to offer updates to those who donated.
    Looks interesting, but does this overlap your current wallpaper, or does it replace it?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramer84015 View Post
    Looks interesting, but does this overlap your current wallpaper, or does it replace it?
    This replaces the current wallpaper.
    TIWizard: warning, i was able to crack in in less then a minute.. up your protection :P

http://screensnapr.com/u/l7c75j.png
    Last edited by dhMassacre; 09/20/2009 at 07:55 PM.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    I would pay if this would combine the features of Agenda. I need my calender to show in the lock screen.
    please consider
    How do you change the wallpaper back to something besides the weather?
    yea can you take it off the screen and still have it running? and will you add weather rader to it as well???
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    wow thats what i call quick lol its not a bad app but i still would like animated radar with it,and how do you set up alerts?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    ok so i changed wallpaper to see if i could run it in background. now it wont come back ? so how is this fixed because i know im not gonna be the only one with this issue for sure , thanks!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    How do you change the wallpaper back to something besides the weather?
    If you would like to use your own wallpaper again, just go into the photo app and set a photo as your wallpaper. Make sure Weatherman is disabled or your wallpaper will be replaced by the weather when it updates again.

yea can you take it off the screen and still have it running? and will you add weather rader to it as well???
    You don't have to have the card open. The weather will automatically update itself.

wow thats what i call quick lol its not a bad app but i still would like animated radar with it,and how do you set up alerts?
    I will look into radar images. Animated radar isn't possible right now due to a WebOS limitation.

Severe weather alerts are on by default, and will show up on your background when there is something important to display. You can look at the National Weather Service to see what cities have weather alerts and then set your location to one of those cities if you want to know what the alert looks like.
    Quote Originally Posted by TIWizard View Post
    Even without a donation, this program is fully functional. You can open the card and update the weather whenever you want.
    Thanks for the reply, just tried it out. I like it very much. Thanks for the info. on donations, it is good to know that will cover app catalog later too. I will probably donate, but currently I like my wallpaper, so it would be very awesome to be able to use current wallpaper. I will look back later... Very Very good idea .. please consider adding the current wallpaper and possibly opacity options.

Thanks
    Thanks for the reply, have you looked into making the option to change wallpaper a toggle switch or better yet like you choose the colors of the app. I personally would not want to have to go into another app just to get my wallpaper back. Food for thought
    I second the request to be able to use our own wallpaper - but still like the app - except it appears your server locked/crashed - as i keep getting error messages and it won't update at all....
    i can not bring up the weather card and keeps giving me this error ??
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
Page 1 of 18 12345611 ... LastLast