Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    I'm having a big problem with this app now. It hadn't updated in over 24 hours (I have updates set to 1 hour) and I tried manually updating and just got an error message. Now all I get on my screen is "current conditions unavailable".

EDIT: Seems to be working fine now this morning.
    Last edited by kd0axs; 10/09/2009 at 10:20 AM.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    I really like that the background is my weather display and the auto updates are effective. The current conditions are accurate too. But it has rained the last three days and is supposed to for the next two, and not one single forecast ever shows a thing about rain--this is really bugging me. If you can't control the forecast icons, how about getting rid of them? Text would more useful if it showed rain chances at least.
  3. rwr
    paid the two dollars, clicked download, now when I try to click arrow on download ribbon on my pre to complete the download, I get this message "unauthorized call to open an ipk". I have tried three times, and I get the same message each time. Any suggestions?
  4.    #164  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwr View Post
    paid the two dollars, clicked download, now when I try to click arrow on download ribbon on my pre to complete the download, I get this message "unauthorized call to open an ipk". I have tried three times, and I get the same message each time. Any suggestions?
    I have emailed you about this, but for future reference...

Make sure you are saving the IPK file to your computer, or use Preware/WOSQI to download Weatherman. You cannot download the IPK from the Pre browser.

See this guide:
    http://www.precentral.net/how-to-install-homebrew-apps
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    Any word on a new update? I would love for the icons on the lock screen to correctly show the current conditions. Otherwise, I LOVE it.
    Ingenious! Fantastic! This is really cool. It installed without a hitch via WOSQI and I have been playing with wallpapers until I found "Sea and the Sky". It's where I live!

Now of course, my input. This wallpaper (don't you dare remove it) should be called simply, "Sea and Sky". The Pre lady would never say "Sea and the Sky". Dig?

The icons (mostly sunny this week) look kinda cartoonish. I don't dislike it, but I keep expecting Homer Simpson to walk out of the sea in a wet suit, which cheers me up! If it were at all possible to have a few sets to choose from (for the donation version) it would be great. Maybe a set a little more realistic like, forgive me, AccuWeather.

I'm just giving you this lighthearted feedback because I am so excited to have stumbled upon this. Actually I read about it in the Agenda thread. I know people want integration but I don't know how you could do it without making everything too small. Right now the size is perfect! Anyway great job. Screen captures look great.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by galavanter; 10/20/2009 at 06:18 PM.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    anyone have a spare activation code?
    Quote Originally Posted by d.moss View Post
    anyone have a spare activation code?

Forget what I said about the sun icons. These screenshots of your wallpapers are beautiful!
    Last edited by galavanter; 10/20/2009 at 06:48 PM.
    I'm going out to watch the sunset now.
    Last edited by galavanter; 10/20/2009 at 07:04 PM.
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    I'm running the "donation" version...version 1.0.5.

I see that this app is now available via the App Catalog...congratuations!

The pay version is listed as version 1.0.1...and says in the description that you can "overlay this information on top of your own wallpaper".

How do I do that?
  12.    #172  
    A new version is available on the application catalog, but I will update the donor version to include ALL of the new features, including custom wallpapers.
    Last edited by TIWizard; 10/21/2009 at 03:37 PM.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    Are there any plans to "convert" the donor version into the official App Catalog version, so that we can easily receive updates through the App Catalog?

I'm just asking.
    I purchased this App at the Palm App Store. The GPS locate for the weather does not work. After the run-around from Palm I'm out my $3 and your App does not work. What do you suggest?
    i really wish you could add animated 3D weather effects on to the home screen like the HTC HD2!! I would pay $20 for an app like that!!

Yet another app that goes into the App Catalog which then becomes unavailable to Canadians

It would be nice if apps would remain available for download under homebrew until Canada gets paid apps added.
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TIWizard View Post
    A new version is available on the application catalog, but I will update the donor version to include ALL of the new features, including custom wallpapers.
    any idea when? I want to keep my custom wallpaper....
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGk View Post
    any idea when? I want to keep my custom wallpaper....
    +1

i keep checking preware for updates, but nada...
    Just paid for the real version.

The quickest updates on Temp are 1 HOUR intervals? Really? Come on...

Want my money back. 1 hour is fine for forecasts, but not temp.
    I'm havng an issue that when i turn on GPS locate in the app it either Hangs when i hit the update button/dose not auto update (if i have GPS turned on and google locate turned off in system prefs) OR it tells me that it cannot locate the city/zip code (with both gps and google locate turned on in system prefs), works fine if i put in my zip myself

secondly, I wish the background could be set to transparent so that when i change themes with preware, I dont have to go into Weatherman and change the wallpaper in it to get it to show up.

3rd i also with there are a hide or off function that will allow us to turn off the weather display if we want to without fully uninstalling the app. I paid for the app from the app cat, i like it so far.

on other suggestion would be to put some sort of box or something behind where EACH one the words are (like something we can turn on and off in system prefs) to make it easier to read them. I know you can change text colors, BUT on a few diff wallpapers i like to use its hard to see the words no matter what color i use.
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast