Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanwiz View Post
    Why would anyone want to stare at weather conditions on their screen 24/7 is beyond me.
    Different people like different things. I think the same thing about many of the apps out there, but other people like them. For people that love weather, this app is perfect. I happen to love weather so much that I go out and chase the storm when everyone else is taking cover, so I think this app is great.
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TIWizard View Post
    I optimized the server side code a bit... I am also trying to automate the activation code reset process.
    Keep up the good work! This app has come a long way with the recent updates.

I have noticed a couple possible bugs:

I have updates set to 1 hour but it seems like it doesn't always update every hour.

Also the times for the severe weather alerts are slightly cut off edges of the screen. If possible, removing the seconds from the times would fix that. If removing the seconds isn't possible, going down a font size would probably fix it.

A couple features that would be nice: (These have been mentioned before)

Option to use your own picture for wallpaper in addition to the preset ones.

Automatic updates every 30 minutes would be nice, but I can see how server limitations might not allow this.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I also have updates set to 1 hour. They seem to occur on the hour or within a few minutes, most of the time. However, sometimes the skip an hour. Not a huge deal, but an observation.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Great work--I appreciate the 1 hr update interval & think it's sufficient for this weather geek. I donated & look forward to more development. Thanks!
  5.    #145  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeking View Post
    I also have updates set to 1 hour. They seem to occur on the hour or within a few minutes, most of the time. However, sometimes the skip an hour. Not a huge deal, but an observation.
    This does occur sometimes, and it may have to do with the way 1.2 implements the timer.

Quote Originally Posted by kd0axs View Post
    Also the times for the severe weather alerts are slightly cut off edges of the screen. If possible, removing the seconds from the times would fix that. If removing the seconds isn't possible, going down a font size would probably fix it.
    Removing the seconds from the alert is relatively easy (I am not sure why I put them in there to begin with). I will update the server code tomorrow.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I noticed the skipping of updates with 1.1 as well.

I also found another odd bug. I just updated and the update time displays as 0:05 am
  7.    #147  
    I noticed the skipping of updates with 1.1 as well.

I also found another odd bug. I just updated and the update time displays as 0:05 am
    Thanks for the bug report. I am not usually awake at midnight

I will correct this with my next server code update.
  8.    #148  
    Updated the server code for the alerts. They won't display seconds any more, only minutes and hours. I also fixed the 0:00 AM bug. It now correctly displays 12:00 AM.
  9.    #149  
    If you are having issues with your activation code after resetting or exchanging your phone, try using our new license reset tool:

WizardApps - Reset Activation
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Found another odd display bug this evening. An image is attached (if I did it right).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm sending my $donation+ because I think this app has potential and I know how much work it takes to make something good. Three comments since I started playing with this:

1) Please consider giving users the option of selecting the source of weather information, or just change to Wunderground as others have suggested. I live in the mountains (Park City UT) and your weatherman is off by 10 degrees right now. And after looking at radar I don't believe your forecast for the next couple of days. It might just be my area, but I've found Wunderground to be the most accurate

2) You have referred people to your Twitter account for updated information, but the last tweet about a new version was a week ago when you announced 325. I have 327 installed yet there hasn't been a notice on Twitter. Please make announcements via Twitter everytime you change something.

3) Why don't you have an "About" option on the app menu? There's no contact information or Twitter id anywhere in the app today.
  12.    #152  
    Found another odd display bug this evening. An image is attached (if I did it right).
    Thanks for that bug report. Line wrapping with the alerts are a bit hard because there is not much room. I will have to decrease the text size when there are that many characters.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Hi,

Are there any icons that display rain, thunderstorms, or snow under the forecast block? For several days we had rain and the current weather displayed a rain icon graphic, but the forecast before and during the rain events displayed a sun and clouds. Am I missing something?

Thanks,

GP
    Hello. First off let me say that I enjoy the app. I was wondering if the layout of the weather will ever change or maybe an option put in so that it doesn't take up the whole screen. I like the idea of the app but it just takes up so much of the screen space. I was thinking maybe running it along the bottom or top?

Sorry if this has been mentioned or asked before. Keep up the good work.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Still getting the weather information, putting it on a image, then setting that image as the background? I think you need to implement selecting your own image, then people would be happy to pay for your app. I would be.
  16.    #156  
    I have had a lot of requests to reset activation codes. Remember, I have a tool to automate that.

WizardApps - Reset Activation

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TIWizard View Post
    This just means that the forecast from the weather service is not correct. I cannot change that information.
    Which weather service does the program use to compare? Right now weather.com, accuweather.com, weatherbug.com, and wunderground.com is forecasting rain/thunderstorms for Tuesday (Louisville, KY). Yet weatherman shows the sun and two clouds. Would it be possible to allow the end user to choose the weather service or you could use a different weather service? If not, the program is useless in my area.

Thanks,

GP
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dornier View Post
    Which weather service does the program use to compare? Right now weather.com, accuweather.com, weatherbug.com, and wunderground.com is forecasting rain/thunderstorms for Tuesday (Louisville, KY). Yet weatherman shows the sun and two clouds. Would it be possible to allow the end user to choose the weather service or you could use a different weather service? If not, the program is useless in my area.

Thanks,

GP
    I'd have to guess the data comes from the National Weather Service. In fact, I think the NWS is the only data that can legally be redistributed. Weather.com, Accuweather, Weatherbug, Wunderground, and others all have copyrights on their data.

I'm thinking that the problem isn't necessarily with the forecast data, but rather the graphics used within the app. The forecast temps seem to match what the NWS says, but I have yet to see any rain icon in the forecast even though we have had rain here for the last 3 days and rain is forecast for the next 2 days. I've also noticed that the current conditions icon always shows the sun as well, even when the conditions show overcast or rain.

I still love the app and I'm glad I made a donation, but these issues definitely need to be addressed if this is to become a paid app.

Another suggestion...an option to hide the forecast info. I think it would be nice to be able to just have the current conditions up on the screen.
    Great app, love it and donated to activate.

My only request - would it be possible to allow for customized backgrounds to be selected? Or is it there already and I'm not finding it?
    After having weatherman on my Pre for a few days now I like the app, and it's been very reliable at updating the weather wallpaper. But if the weather isn't accurate it's pretty worthless. I have a paid account at WeatherBug and a Wunderground account. Either service would be better than the service used today (NWS?). The current temp shown on my Pre (updated 1 minute ago) is 12 degrees too high. As I mentioned in a previous post, the forecast over the past few days has been way off.

If I can attach an image below you'll see my current weather from three sources: on the left is WeatherBug, the middle is Wunderground, and on the right is weatherman on my Pre. These images were all taken within 5 minutes of each other and the snow is falling hard outside my window.

Last edited by redhat; 10/05/2009 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Add a photo
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast