Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Another request, please use a different weather source. Currently the screen is showing partly cloudy everyday, meanwhile the Weather Channel, Accuweather, and Weather Underground is showing thunderstorms everyday. Maybe it's the way your program is interpreting the weather information?

Thanks,

GP
    well this app either went screwy or whatever but my battery would not charge even though i had it pluged in while this app was running today , my battery lol dropped like a rock . and it did not help that i was out of town either ,but that should not matter.i had to delete and wont go back if thats going to happen ,and i did donate as well .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    TIWizard:

I'm liking Weatherman.

I am attaching a 100 x 100 pixel graphic of the full moon. If you would like, you can resize this to whatever you need and give a shot at replacing the full moon graphic in the Weatherman wallpaper with this.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xfidelitydj View Post
    The thing that sold me on the donation is that it could be updated every 30 minutes, as was described in your app description at the time of donation.

After I donated, I felt slighted as I found out I could only update every 3 hours.

I see you have since changed the description, but that was a poor move on your part IMO
    Me too! It said refresh every 30 minutes, so I donated more than the minimum. My mistake was not reading the forums first.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    It seems all weather apps I used for the Treo would limit users in to specific preset update intervals. Well, Deluxeware's Weather had reasonable presets for 15m, 30min, 1hr, 6hrs, & 12hrs. The 15 and 30mins were nice, but I still like to pick my own interval.

Exclusion ranges are nice as well. If I choose to update every 30 minutes, I don't see much need for that between midnight and 6am for myself.

Why can't all apps just use the same dialog as Calendar alarms did in POS? One field to enter a 1 to 2 digit numerical value and then a drop down with options for Minutes, Hours, or Days? I'd like to see that as a standard for any app that allows OTA updates/refreshes.

If a user chooses to drain their battery with updates every 5 minutes, then why net let 'em? I'd be happy with 30 minutes myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by max.swell View Post
    wow...some of you's are serious about your weather! Do people really check the weather report that much?
    The frequency isn't really the point. I may only look at the weather once or twice a day, but when I do, I would want the most current data.
    The update frequency has some inconsistencies, both in the documentation and the actual UI. The web description says max of 3 hours, while the program said something on startup about 30 minutes.

The value in the UI is set to "60", but that's not one of the choices in the dropdown -- so presumably once I choose something else, I can never go back to "60".
    The toggle for "Use GPS Location" keeps getting turned off. I turn it on, and later when I re-enter the UI, the option is off.
    Selected "New York Traffic" as the wallpaper, and got "Error - cannot import the wallpaper".
    Quote Originally Posted by grantroot View Post
    Selected "New York Traffic" as the wallpaper, and got "Error - cannot import the wallpaper".
    OK, I retried the update, and this time the new wallpaper "took".
    I'd also like to see the date and time of the last update. It could replace the text that says "Currently".
    Donated and using, I'm a fan
  13.    #113  
    Hey everyone,

I just read through all of your feedback...

I am doing load testing. I anticipate that I will be able to gradually change the automatic refresh time if all goes well. Check back on Saturday for the update to the program.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    If I understand it right, your server is queried when I request a refresh (auto or manual). If I'm correct, is there some way you could 'push' severe weather alerts based on the location queried from at the time of the last update? While it is common to get text messages for severe weather based on a preset location, I can't think of one that can provide location-based automatic severe weather alerts. This would make your program truly stand out.

While I'm here, would you consider allowing us to schedule a time frame for updating, in addition to determining frequency of auto refreshes? E.g., I only want it to auto refresh between 7am & 11p.

Thanks for listening
    The weather condition (largest print) currently says "ght Showers Rain Mi" on my screen. You might need some kind of length checking there. :-)
    Nice app.

I'm from Albany . Nice to see a local.
    Palm Pre | WebOS 1.4.1.1 | Sprint
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
    Now that I've downloaded and installed...I can't get mine to open.

Oh well. Only $1.99. You can keep the donation. .
    Palm Pre | WebOS 1.4.1.1 | Sprint
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
  18.    #118  
    Quote Originally Posted by grantroot View Post
    The weather condition (largest print) currently says "ght Showers Rain Mi" on my screen. You might need some kind of length checking there. :-)
    Thanks for the bug report. Usually the weather strings are not that long, but I do have a word wrap function that will be used for the current weather in the next version.

Quote Originally Posted by dump71 View Post
    If I understand it right, your server is queried when I request a refresh (auto or manual). If I'm correct, is there some way you could 'push' severe weather alerts based on the location queried from at the time of the last update? While it is common to get text messages for severe weather based on a preset location, I can't think of one that can provide location-based automatic severe weather alerts. This would make your program truly stand out.

While I'm here, would you consider allowing us to schedule a time frame for updating, in addition to determining frequency of auto refreshes? E.g., I only want it to auto refresh between 7am & 11p.

Thanks for listening
    Those are good ideas. I will look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by IlyaK View Post
    Now that I've downloaded and installed...I can't get mine to open.

Oh well. Only $1.99. You can keep the donation. .
    I have PMed you.
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    The app is not working for me. I have "weatherman active" switched to on, but I don't get the weather. I still have my regular wallpaper. I've tried rebooting and it still doesn't work. This looks like an app with great potential and I would love to donate, but not if I can't get the app to work.

EDIT: Nevermind, I uninstalled and reinstalled and it's working now although I can't seem to switch the background. I originally set it to the lightning and it stays that way no matter which one I select.
    Last edited by kd0axs; 09/24/2009 at 10:31 PM.
  20.    #120  
    Quote Originally Posted by kd0axs View Post
    The app is not working for me. I have "weatherman active" switched to on, but I don't get the weather. I still have my regular wallpaper. I've tried rebooting and it still doesn't work. This looks like an app with great potential and I would love to donate, but not if I can't get the app to work.

EDIT: Nevermind, I uninstalled and reinstalled and it's working now although I can't seem to switch the background. I originally set it to the lightning and it stays that way no matter which one I select.
    Make sure after changing the background theme that you hit refresh now. I am going to add in some new debugging features soon to help solve all of these problems.