Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeking View Post
    I don't use switcheroo but haven't been able to get this to work since last night. It worked for a short time, then nothing. I'm wondering if they got overloaded again. Hopefully we'll get an update soon. They are on the west coast.
    Did you update to the newest build 206 v. 1.0.3
    If yes than try to open it up flip the slider to off, refresh. close it than reopen it flip the slider and refresh wait about 30 seconds, if no window pops up saying error, click the ball and see if it updated if not try it one more time. If that doesnt work than i am out of ideas. All of the above is what i did to make mine work. Even so until i "donated" it seemed like i got the error after every other time i tried to refresh it but since i "donated" i have not gotten the error once....
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Thanks for the suggestion. I did have the current version installed. The difference seemed to be the waiting part. If I wait after making the changes, they do take effect. I guess I was too impatient and closing the app too quickly.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I figured out what i was doing wrong. In my office I am in roaming with no Ev. Once i walked outside and hit refresh, it worked.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Okay, I'm confused. When the phone sleeps, the screen goes black and displays the clock and the pad lock. I swore, yesterday, the weather info was visible behind the clock and the lock. Is this an app setting I'm missing or a Pre setting??
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    A few more suggestions.

(1) Everyone likely has different information needs. For me, I want to know the current temperature, the day's high (preferably with the time this high will be reached), the day's low (preferably with the time this low will be reached), current conditions, and "overall" conditions for the day. Then, I'd like to see a forecast for the next few days, with high/low and overall conditions.

The current version of Weatherman seems not to give high/low for the day. It gives it for "tonight" as part of the forecast section, which isn't all that useful.

Stuff like humidity and wind are useful, if there is room. Personally, I'd rather see the space used for something else (see below).

(2) The clock and notifications on the lock screen cover things. While you won't be able to do much about the notifications, consider moving things on the screen such that they fit better with the various things that appear on the lock screen.

(3) There is great potential here to do more than weather. While I appreciate that some things, like calendar events, may require sending data on the Pre to the server for processing, there is much that would not. For example, stock quotes or headlines. You might consider rebranding this app to not be just about weather, but to be a dashboard (how about "WallBoard" as a name?).

(4) Play with the fonts and font sizes.
    I like the app, and agree with others, but the deal breaker for me is keeping my wall paper behind the weather info. I'll keep an eye out for this thread.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I wonder if the developer could use a clear gif or png as the wallpaper for the app to allow our wallpaper to display?
    How do you properly uninstall your product? I notice you have settings screen, but once activated how do you get back to the settings screen to shut it off before uninstalling.
    Nice concept but this is a paid app which does not belong in a testing community. We should not pay to test an app, do that enought with Microsoft. Want to be paid for the app, code it right and put it in the Palm App catalog.

Ill wait for this there, just paying to test something feels awkward.
    What do you mean animated radar isn't available? Wxradar app manages it just-fine-thank-you-very-much.

:-)

Rick
    Donated, love the program.

I agree with others that it would be nice to have an option for radar, calendar, and the ability to personalize the wallpaper with my own image.

Otherwise, two thumbs up!!! Now deleting Accuweather!
    Okay... Not happy here.

I installed this app. Seems nice. Played around switching different backgrounds within Weatherman.

Then my phone rebooted itself. Three times.

Went back into Weatherman (v1.03) and turned it off, then hit refresh. Seems to be off.

Now the built-in "Screen & Lock" app tells me that it is switching to the wallpaper I prefer, but when I go back, the wallpaper is the default. I cannot switch it.

I deleted Weatherman, then rebooted my phone. Still cannot change wallpaper from the default (see attachment).

How do I resolve this??

UPDATED: Okay, I rebooted again, and now it will let me change my wallpaper. You might wanna look into this little problem.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by KnoxBNYC; 09/21/2009 at 01:49 PM. Reason: update
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    When you delete it, it doesn't seem to delete everything. I had tried deleting and reinstalling yesterday and when I reinstalled, all my preferences where still there.
    When you delete it, it doesn't seem to delete everything. I had tried deleting and reinstalling yesterday and when I reinstalled, all my preferences where still there.
    Agreed. To me anyway, this is a big problem. And I can't imagine that it is within the Mojo SDK guidelines.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Severe weather display is good! See attached...you might consider changing the font size on the last line so the whole time frame is fully displayed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by KnoxBNYC View Post
    Agreed. To me anyway, this is a big problem. And I can't imagine that it is within the Mojo SDK guidelines.
    This is just a guess, but I think the developer is using cookies to store the preferences. From my experience, cookies are not always removed when deleting the app.

However HTML5 databases seem to always be removed properly when deleting the app. So perhaps the developer may consider moving to either databases or depots (which according to the SDK docs are just databases with an abstraction layer).
    This type of app intrigues me. I think the home screen is begging to be occupied with more than just a wallpaper. However, I think this implementation is faulty. The biggest flaw is that people like their own wallpapers. The other flaw is that the app is relying on a server to generate this custom weather wallpaper.

Weather (and other information such as stocks, calendar appointments, messages, etc.) should be implemented as widgets in my opinion. Of course, I don't think there's a way to do that currently unless you hack the OS itself.

Ideally, the home screen would be a customizable HTML page instead of just a background image. That way, multiple HTML elements (widgets) could be inserted and positioned anywhere on the screen. These elements could then be dynamically fed by querying web services (weather, news, stocks, etc.) or by local services (calendar, contacts, etc.)
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Thanks for the suggestion. I did have the current version installed. The difference seemed to be the waiting part. If I wait after making the changes, they do take effect. I guess I was too impatient and closing the app too quickly.
    Aha, that explains why it didn't seem to be updating for me either. I would click the refesh button then close the card, and I guess it doesn't finish the update unless the card is still open.

-- robert
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Donated. If you continue to update the app, please add the following:

1) Location based weather radar

2) Random update times from 5 minutes to once a day

3) User wallpaper option

4) Wallpaper based on current weather. In other words, if it's raining the wallpaper would display a rain based wallpaper.

5) Did I say location based weather radar?

Thanks!

GP
    I agree and think this app has great potential. I'm not really sure why there is so much hot topics on the donate wording and access to more features. Must be a programmer thing and maybe people just want clarification, but no reason to blow steam on the issue.

Either way, I like the options presently provided and would also appreciate being able to use and change the background image and themes for that matter would be convenient. Not sure where calendar items would fit in there, but then who knows and I'll look forward to seeing future options.

Keep up the good work. Sorli...
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast