Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsondm2 View Post
    Thank you so much for a great product! Sent my donation in and appreciate your hard work.

Wishlist for changes -

- Option to use your own wallpaper
    - option to have a calender appt feed
    - add somewhere on screen the time and date of last refresh
    - radar might be too much since you are doing this as a 'capture' type app and then taking the wallpaper's place - don't know if the palm allows active buttons on the wallpaper - but - if you added the option in the app itself, when you launch the app there is a button that would display weather that is up to the minute when you press - people might like that.

all in all an outstanding program - thank you thank you!
    I am glad you like the program. I will take your suggestions into consideration

Quote Originally Posted by Yohimbe35 View Post
    Maybe I missing something, but it only gives me the option to refresh every 3 hours.
    Also the background won't change. Any ideas?
    I have optimized the program to update the weather as frequently as the National Weather Service provides its information. More frequent updates was overkill and would not result in any more frequent changes to the data.

You can always force a manual update with the Refresh Now button, for instance if you get off an airplane and are in a new city.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Thanks for the quick response. The other part of my question was that the background color won't change. It just stays grey.
    Wait a minute - Weather underground is always updating its feed - what happened to the 30 minute 1 hour and 2 hour setting?

Please put them back as its useless to have a weather app that says its clear and sunny when its raining cats and dogs!!
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I can't get the background to change either. Okay, it changed once but not anymore.

Also agree about the current conditions updating more often. 3 hours isn't very useful.
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by Yohimbe35
    Thanks for the quick response. The other part of my question was that the background color won't change. It just stays grey.
    Make sure you are hitting the update button once you select your theme.

I appreciate all of the feedback.

The sun and moon question that came up is definitely something we will be changing. I will look into more frequent weather service updates. Please expect version revisions to be posted on Saturdays and be sure to follow me on Twitter where I will be keeping people notified of any changes and when updates are available.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I assume by 'update button' you mean the 'refresh now?

I tried setting my wallpaper back to my photo and now I can't get to app to work right. It runs and all but never displays as the bacground like it did before.

Maybe I'm the oddball but I don't use Twitter. If you could post updates here, that would be great.
    you know, i could be wrong, but i couldve sworn the wind speed and direction and humidity were changing when it was updating every 30 minutes.....of course, hehe, it only updated twice before i put the new build in.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeking View Post
    Also agree about the current conditions updating more often. 3 hours isn't very useful.

wow...some of you's are serious about your weather! Do people really check the weather report that much?
    yup - i know i do - and thats one of the reasons i like your program so much - it keeps it right there to see quickly - BUT - if its three hours old - i have no use for it. it would be more productive to take the taps to see *current* weather.

Thats my .02 and what I thought was Weatherman's main selling point, sadly I could be wrong; but i hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by TIWizard View Post
    Thanks for the overwhelming interest in Weatherman. It definitely caught us off guard. We have updated both our application and server software. We believe these changes should take care of the timeout issues many of you have experienced today.

Anyone who downloaded the app earlier today should make sure that you update to the latest version available from the homebrew app catalog. The current version is build 206.

For those who have already donated and activated their software, updating the software should not affect your application. However, if it does, simply reuse your activation code that was provided by email or feel free to contact me at Weatherman@WizardApps.net.

Thanks again everyone for your amazing support and interest in Weatherman.
    Quote Originally Posted by max.swell View Post
    wow...some of you's are serious about your weather! Do people really check the weather report that much?
    Quote Originally Posted by samid View Post
    I would pay if this would combine the features of Agenda. I need my calender to show in the lock screen.
    please consider
    +1
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsondm2 View Post
    I second the request to be able to use our own wallpaper - but still like the app -....
    Ditto here
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeking View Post
    Maybe I'm the oddball but I don't use Twitter. If you could post updates here, that would be great.
    Ditto for me.

Also, I use Switcharoo the background changing app on my Pre. Could Weatherman be made to run over top of, or in conjunction with, either the current background that's in place or in conjunction with this background changing app? Just a thought.

Also, another second to integrate this app with the Agenda features.

Thanks so much for this app.
    Last edited by zenaa96; 09/21/2009 at 01:56 AM.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zenaa96 View Post
    Ditto for me.

Also, I use Switcharoo the background changing app on my Pre. Could Weatherman be made to run over top of, or in conjunction with, either the current background that's in place or in conjunction with this background changing app? Just a thought.

Also, another second to integrate this app with the Agenda features.

Thanks so much for this app.
    I would love to see this app work on top of Switcharoo. That would be a perfect combination. Perhaps an option to make the background a different shade would be nice to make the weather text more visible against whatever wallpaper it is placed against.
    It was working, but then I installed a Theme (FLash of Red and Balck) and now I cannot get Weatherman to be the wallpaper. I have deleted and restarted Weatherman, reset the phone, changed the wallpaper to a photo, but I cannot get it back. Don't want to delete the theme as this would just restart the process. Any help?
    Laissez Faire
    Quote Originally Posted by TIWizard View Post
    I have optimized the program to update the weather as frequently as the National Weather Service provides its information. More frequent updates was overkill and would not result in any more frequent changes to the data.

You can always force a manual update with the Refresh Now button, for instance if you get off an airplane and are in a new city.
    I understand your logic behind the three hours but i know i am not the only person who drives from town to town and city to city and works outside and then has meeting or class for 1 to 2 hours at a time and the weather is a nice feature to know. If i wanted to open a program and update i have the free app accuweather. Now i know Yahoo weather updates every 15 minutes i believe. I also thought the NWS updated every 15 minutes also.. I may be wrong but i am just saying that three ours is a real big time spread. Just think in 3 hours it could be hot, storm, than be cool and still have an hour left, and my phone may still say its 85 when it could be 60....

Now i am not trying to "bash" your app, i think it is great and has ALOT of potential, i will purchase if it updates more fequently or if calender integration is implemented. Great start developer!
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    A good start. You've found a good way to deliver what many want: information as their wallpaper.

Hopefully there is a way to move to creation of the wallpaper from your server to the Pre. This, I suspect, will be necessary to deliver some of the functionality being requested (e.g., being able to display calendar). Plus, it will mean that when millions of people are using your app, you won't have to worry about hosting all of them on your server.

Not sure if this is possible, but a possible future enhancement would be to have it display while on the Touchstone. I have to go through some trickery to make it work -- it'd be nice if it just appeared instead of the clock. But, like I said, not sure if such a thing is possible without some messy hacks.

One more thing -- I'm a defender of people that want to offer bonuses (like access to betas or free updates) for giving a "donation." However, crippling an application unless a donation is given... I think that's poor form. Your pricing is very cheap, so I don't have any issue with your charging for a full version (particularly since I imagine you have some hosting fees). Might I suggest that you allow everyone to have the full version, but give a bonus (like lifetime updates) for those that donate? Or simply call your free version "demo" and then have a charge for the full version?
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    I am very excited to see how the severe weather alerts are integrated into the display and how effectively this happens--this feature is the most important to me--thanks for giving this a go! It is clever to use the display as the background, but unless it is updating information in real-time, it might be better to emphasize the forecast then current conditions. You could offer more forecast detail in display, e.g., windspeed, sunrise, sunset or offer different time frames, e.g., morning, afternoon, evening for the most current day, or some combination. A quick link to current conditions would be fine for me rather than it taking up so much of the display's space. While I am a weather geek, for current conditions, I really just look or go outside anyway--can't get any faster or more accurate than that Thanks for listening, and keep up the good work!
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I cannot get this working at all. I installed, opened up the app, set my zip code, closed the app/reopened and now the settings in the card are blank. So, I turned off switcheroo, restarted my phone, and still no luck. Am i missing something?
    Quote Originally Posted by redskyy View Post
    I would love to see this app work on top of Switcharoo. That would be a perfect combination. Perhaps an option to make the background a different shade would be nice to make the weather text more visible against whatever wallpaper it is placed against.
    Ditto this request. I LOVE the idea of having the weather on my lock screen, but having it override my wallpaper totally defeats the purpose of an app like Switcharoo or even the effort to load my favorite image as wallpaper. If you could still allow user-selected wallpaper, that would be great!

ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wwarren2 View Post
    I cannot get this working at all. I installed, opened up the app, set my zip code, closed the app/reopened and now the settings in the card are blank. So, I turned off switcheroo, restarted my phone, and still no luck. Am i missing something?
    I don't use switcheroo but haven't been able to get this to work since last night. It worked for a short time, then nothing. I'm wondering if they got overloaded again. Hopefully we'll get an update soon. They are on the west coast.
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast