Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718
Results 341 to 357 of 357
  1.    #341  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spydrbutt View Post
    I have an idea for this great app. Give us an icon we can put in our quick launch or launcher. Have it's only function be to update weather info. That way we can update our weather with just a tap.
    That is definitely something I will look at. I haven't really done anything with adding icons before, so I will have to go dig through Palm's docs.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
  2. #342  
    Quote Originally Posted by TIWizard View Post
    I just typed in 46143 and the city that shows up is Greenwood, Indiana. Please make sure that GPS is turned off if you are entering a ZIP code. GPS takes priority, and if the GPS fix returned by your phone is inaccurate then weather data for a nearby city will be displayed.

    Also, how do you know the weather is from several weeks ago? Are the days wrong?
    Because it's been stuck on Anderson since I visited there for work 3 weeks ago, and it won't update no matter what I do. As I said, I've even gone so far as doctoring my phone, then reinstalling, and when I type in the zip OR use the gps, either one, it gives me the same numbers from Anderson that it's given me for the past 3 weeks.
  3. #343  
    It's like something is just...stuck.
  4.    #344  
    Have you tried entering New York City? Does the weather change when you switch to another city outside of your state? It is possible that the weather service hasn't had any new data (or just hasn't updated it)
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
  5.    #345  
    I've updated the server side code handling uploads. You can now upload a JPG, PNG, or GIF as a background. In addition, the cropping is handled better.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
  6. #346  
    Hi TIWizard,

    I've been having a problem somewhat similar to what I've seen other people mentioning over the past few days.

    My Weather hasn't updated since Monday at Midnight despite showing a "Last Update: Success" in the debug information as recently as this Thursday. I've tried changing the city, as well as changing the background image, but nothing besides uninstalling and reinstalling Weatherman resolved the issue.

    It may be worth noting that the background which I was using when the app originally got "stuck" was a PNG.

    - Posted from my Pre
  7. #347  
    It's perfect now. Thank you.
  8.    #348  
    Quote Originally Posted by jpgiv View Post
    Hi TIWizard,

    I've been having a problem somewhat similar to what I've seen other people mentioning over the past few days.

    My Weather hasn't updated since Monday at Midnight despite showing a "Last Update: Success" in the debug information as recently as this Thursday. I've tried changing the city, as well as changing the background image, but nothing besides uninstalling and reinstalling Weatherman resolved the issue.

    It may be worth noting that the background which I was using when the app originally got "stuck" was a PNG.

    - Posted from my Pre
    This is probably an issue with the alarms in WebOS... 1.4 created a bug that prevented alarms from firing while the device was asleep. WebOS 1.4.1 should fix the issue.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
  9. #349  
    I use this app every day, cant get through the day with out it great job sir.
  10. #350  
    I purchased Weatherman some time ago and it use to work fine. Now after doctoring, I click on it to open and it'll open for about 5 seconds and then automatically close. I'm unable to do anything with it and it wont show on my screen. Any suggestions?
  11. #351  
    Hi,

    I want to purchase your application, but live in Canada. Since you support world weather, why not open up this application to all purchasers?
  12.    #352  
    Quote Originally Posted by howardbw View Post
    Hi,

    I want to purchase your application, but live in Canada. Since you support world weather, why not open up this application to all purchasers?
    I have posted an FAQ entry regarding this issue:
    Where is Weatherman available for purchase?
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
  13. #353  
    Hi,

    I have a feature request: Can you add the ability to specify a particular Weather Underground station to get the weather from? I want to know the exact weather on my street, and in a browser I point at a neighbor's Weather Underground data. That would be great if Weatherman supported this also.

    Thanks!
  14. crawfpm's Avatar
    Posts
    144 Posts
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    #354  
    I also have an issue with Weatherman 2.0 opening and closing within seconds, before I can enter a location. I downloaded from App Catalog, along with PixiDust. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling a few times but no luck. I see someone else posted below with this issue as well as some on the developers website, with no answers. Anyone know how to actually get 2.0 to work?
  15. jc-Treo's Avatar
    Posts
    439 Posts
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    #355  
    Quote Originally Posted by crawfpm View Post
    I also have an issue with Weatherman 2.0 opening and closing within seconds, before I can enter a location. I downloaded from App Catalog, along with PixiDust. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling a few times but no luck. I see someone else posted below with this issue as well as some on the developers website, with no answers. Anyone know how to actually get 2.0 to work?
    I had this problem but was able to fix it by placing the phone in 'airplane' mode. I was then able to launch weatherman, check all my settings in preferences, turn off weatherman updates, then close weatherman. Turn off airplane mode, relaunch weatherman, and now all if well...

    good luck!
  16. viv
    viv is offline
    viv's Avatar
    Posts
    18 Posts
    #356  
    Quote Originally Posted by jc-Treo View Post
    I had this problem but was able to fix it by placing the phone in 'airplane' mode. I was then able to launch weatherman, check all my settings in preferences, turn off weatherman updates, then close weatherman. Turn off airplane mode, relaunch weatherman, and now all if well...

    good luck!
    Thanks for this info. That fixed the issue for me as well. I had to make sure when weatherman was launched to turn on "use gps location" though.

    It looks like the app is crashing/closing whenever it tries to refresh weatherman data when the "use gps location" value is set to off but there is no zip code entered.
  17. alanh's Avatar
    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    #357  
    One request: Add the ability to do a drop shadow on the text. That way, the text wouldn't interfere with the background as much and more backgrounds would be usable.

    Great program, I use it every day.

    -alan
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718

Posting Permissions