Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718 LastLast
    tennenho, I think that what's broken is the auto-updated feature.

I had the same problem too, but when I refresh the app manually it updated properly.

I would suggest opening the app, then going to preferences *before* you reset, and then sending the info to TIWizard.

P.S. Thank you for adding PNG support TIWizard.
    Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P -> Palm Pre
  2.    #322  
    *Update coming soonish

Rewriting most of the app to eliminate most/all issues
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    Yeah, even a manual refresh and an uninstall/reinstall didn't work for me. Hoping version 3.0 fixes it...I LOVE this app.
    TIWizard, is there a way to get an option for more frequent weather updates? Maybe like 30 mins?
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Weatherman has not updated, hourly or manually, in more than 36 hours...
  6.    #326  
    Quote Originally Posted by dump71 View Post
    Weatherman has not updated, hourly or manually, in more than 36 hours...
    I have an update coming. 1.4 broke a lot of apps that run in the background... Getting a GPS fix takes longer than 10 seconds usually, so the app is forced to quit by WebOS now...

Same thing with GeoStrings (GeoStrings was already updated to fix this issue):
    https://developer.palm.com/distribut...hp?f=20&t=5553
    Last edited by TIWizard; 03/14/2010 at 04:52 PM.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Glad to hear it, thank you. FYI, I'm not using GPS, just city name or zip, and neither work.
  8.    #328  
    Quote Originally Posted by dump71 View Post
    Glad to hear it, thank you. FYI, I'm not using GPS, just city name or zip, and neither work.
    Yeah, if the app takes longer than 10 seconds to do something for some reason (city or ZIP), WebOS kills it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TIWizard View Post
    I have an update coming. 1.4 broke a lot of apps that run in the background... Getting a GPS fix takes longer than 10 seconds usually, so the app is forced to quit by WebOS now...

Same thing with GeoStrings:
    https://developer.palm.com/distribut...hp?f=20&t=5553
    Just to clarify, GeoStrings is not currently broken. Version 1.0.7, which is available in the catalog, works around the webOS issue. But yes, GeoStrings was affected by this and did not function reliably in webOS 1.4 prior to the 1.0.7 update. In webOS 1.4, Palm broke/removed the functionality where apps could run in the background for an extended period of time. You can read the details in the link above.
    Last edited by DanPLC; 03/14/2010 at 12:40 PM. Reason: fixed spelling error
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  10.    #330  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Just to clarify, GeoStrings is not currently broken. Version 1.0.7, which is available in the catalog, works around the webOS issue. But yes, GeoStrings was affected by this and did not function reliably in webOS 1.4 prior to the 1.0.7 update. In webOS 1.4, Palm broke/removed the functionality where apps could run in the background for an extended period of time. You can read the details in the link above.
    Edited my post to clarify this was already fixed
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    still not updating weather info. image from 2 months ago. i pm'd debug info to you. i love the app and i'm confident this stuff will get resolved.
    ---
    ---

launch-day pre: the original gangsta.

twitter / posterous
  12.    #332  
    Have you hit refresh now again? If the app stops updating for 2 months then the alarm was never reset or stopped for some reason.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    bought weatherman, love it.
    to paraphrase my review:
    - dev, you are a clever man. in lieu of an official widget service, your implementation is brilliant.
    - functionality is great. design, not so much. I would love to see gradient selection and typography for font, slicker looking icons for weather.
    - are you using jpeg for compression? I notice artifacts, especially near text at the bottom. ewww.

really, everything else is so great the only thing I can nitpick are design choices.
  14.    #334  
    Quote Originally Posted by rayln View Post
    - functionality is great. design, not so much. I would love to see gradient selection and typography for font, slicker looking icons for weather.
    - are you using jpeg for compression? I notice artifacts, especially near text at the bottom. ewww.
    Yeah, JPG compression is used to avoid battery draining and massive bandwidth consumption. The quality is currently @ 90% and the image produced is 300kb-500kb.

I do have a custom set of icons that I designed for World Weather Watch, but I am not sure if they will be implemented in any close updates.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    yeah, I figured conservation of battery life and bandwidth were the reasons behind that choice.
    pity.

cheers to the work you've done however.
    are you the dev who was spotlighted a while back, the one hoping to pay his way through college?

keep up the good work, I hope your apps gain more traction.
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    where do I find the lite version?
  17.    #337  
    Quote Originally Posted by imex99 View Post
    where do I find the lite version?
    The lite version is no longer available. I just updated the first post to reflect this change.
    Will you please make it not tell me that 46143, the zip code for Greenwood, Indiana...where I live...is Anderson, Indiana, where I'm not? And can you please make it so that it doesn't show me Anderson's weather from several weeks ago? I've uninstalled, reinstalled, even doctored and reinstalled, and still this app, which I've bought, will NOT update with my current weather, whether I use the zip code feature or the GPS update feature.
  19.    #339  
    Quote Originally Posted by tennenho View Post
    Will you please make it not tell me that 46143, the zip code for Greenwood, Indiana...where I live...is Anderson, Indiana, where I'm not? And can you please make it so that it doesn't show me Anderson's weather from several weeks ago? I've uninstalled, reinstalled, even doctored and reinstalled, and still this app, which I've bought, will NOT update with my current weather, whether I use the zip code feature or the GPS update feature.
    I just typed in 46143 and the city that shows up is Greenwood, Indiana. Please make sure that GPS is turned off if you are entering a ZIP code. GPS takes priority, and if the GPS fix returned by your phone is inaccurate then weather data for a nearby city will be displayed.

Also, how do you know the weather is from several weeks ago? Are the days wrong?
    I have an idea for this great app. Give us an icon we can put in our quick launch or launcher. Have it's only function be to update weather info. That way we can update our weather with just a tap.