Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718 LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 357
  1. #301  
    I hope none of this has been previously posted, but I've noticed a few things in Weatherman that I would love to see addressed:


    • will not update at all if not in 3G
    • Still tries to refresh via GPS if GPS is off (and goes a while before failing)
    • Add "real-feel" temperature (previously known as wind chill)
    • Add ability to blank it in screen-save mode so clock's visible (the clock in screen-saver mode is almost unreadable)

    This all make sense?
  2. dump71's Avatar
    Posts
    171 Posts
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    #302  
    Hello-back in post #273 I referred to an overlapping problem in the display when first powering up: the larger font that palm uses for the clock overlaps the temperature. This has not changed since my post, so I wonder about the status of the request. I also got around to taking a picture so you can see what I mean. It really bugs me the way it looks, and I see it a lot Thanks in advance for any help.

    DSC06470.JPG
  3. #303  
    Quote Originally Posted by dump71 View Post
    Hello-back in post #273 I referred to an overlapping problem in the display when first powering up: the larger font that palm uses for the clock overlaps the temperature. This has not changed since my post, so I wonder about the status of the request. I also got around to taking a picture so you can see what I mean. It really bugs me the way it looks, and I see it a lot Thanks in advance for any help.

    DSC06470.JPG
    He fixed that a while ago. Try uninstalling and reinstalling
  4. dump71's Avatar
    Posts
    171 Posts
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    #304  
    I just reinstalled it on my pre I doctored yesterday--looks exactly like it did before. Thanks anyway
  5. #305  
    Quote Originally Posted by dump71 View Post
    I just reinstalled it on my pre I doctored yesterday--looks exactly like it did before. Thanks anyway
    Eh? That is odd. I posted about that issue once Palm changed the clock. He then moved the temp down and my application actually updated itself. I have a good amount of space between the clock and the temp.

    Maybe he can chime in as to why yours doesnt
  6. dump71's Avatar
    Posts
    171 Posts
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    #306  
    I hope so! Maybe he can also tell about the mysterious "Weather Cinema" that shows up in the support page, WizardApps Forum. New app coming?
  7.    #307  
    Quote Originally Posted by threefiftyli View Post
    Eh? That is odd. I posted about that issue once Palm changed the clock. He then moved the temp down and my application actually updated itself. I have a good amount of space between the clock and the temp.

    Maybe he can chime in as to why yours doesnt
    That's odd... All of the images should be exactly the same except for the weather data and background. I will look into the placement issue.

    Quote Originally Posted by dump71 View Post
    I hope so! Maybe he can also tell about the mysterious "Weather Cinema" that shows up in the support page, WizardApps Forum. New app coming?
    More details are coming soon
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
  8. dump71's Avatar
    Posts
    171 Posts
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    #308  
    That's odd... All of the images should be exactly the same except for the weather data and background. I will look into the placement issue.
    Thank you very much, and I can't to hear more about Weather Cinema!
  9.    #309  
    Quote Originally Posted by dump71 View Post
    Thank you very much, and I can't to hear more about Weather Cinema!
    Hey,

    I ended up adding much more to WeatherCinema than I originally planned-- it definitely needed a renaming! WeatherCinema originally was just a weather app, but I have added in support for multiple international cities, a live world map with cloud data from geostationary satellites, and more!

    For more information on World Weather Watch (formerly WeatherCinema), please see this thread:

    http://forums.precentral.net/wizarda...her-watch.html
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
  10. dump71's Avatar
    Posts
    171 Posts
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    #310  
    I noticed that Weatherman 2.0 is in the app catalog today, and it refers to a brand new weather service to provide data. Questions:
    1)will the donated homebrew version (1.0.6) get an update?
    2)does the new service support notifications of severe weather that can be integrated into Weatherman?
    TIA
  11.    #311  
    Quote Originally Posted by dump71 View Post
    I noticed that Weatherman 2.0 is in the app catalog today, and it refers to a brand new weather service to provide data. Questions:
    1)will the donated homebrew version (1.0.6) get an update?
    2)does the new service support notifications of severe weather that can be integrated into Weatherman?
    TIA
    1) Yep. Working on that right now. I will post a link to the IPK when it is finished.

    2) The rewritten service has to do with the GPS issues (hanging, not updating), so the weather forecast and data is still the same.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
  12. dump71's Avatar
    Posts
    171 Posts
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    #312  
    Thanks for the quick response
  13. matgeo15's Avatar
    Posts
    45 Posts
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    #313  
    Is anyone else having the issue of weatherman not updating? It is still showing the temp and forcast from last night at 7:44.
  14. dump71's Avatar
    Posts
    171 Posts
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    #314  
    This morning I noticed that it had not updated for almost 12 hours. I reset manually and has updated every hour as requested.
  15. matgeo15's Avatar
    Posts
    45 Posts
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    #315  
    I've tried to manually refresh but still get nothing. Did you reset your phone or just the app? Also, if I delete the app and redownload it will it try to charge me again?
  16. dump71's Avatar
    Posts
    171 Posts
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    #316  
    I'm sorry, refresh is the correct word for what I did, from within Weatherman. I did not reset the phone, but you might try that.
  17.    #317  
    Redownloading Weatherman does not charge you again.

    If you notice that Weatherman has failed to update after a few hours (it may skip an hour once in a while due to no data connection, etc) could you go into the about screen and PM/email me what is listed under the debug information?

    Thanks
    Last edited by TIWizard; 03/02/2010 at 11:44 PM.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
  18. 1Reaper's Avatar
    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    #318  
    Can we get an update more then once an hour? Thats to long for temp.

    Also when GPS is on I get Zip code, city error constantly? Help.
  19. 1Reaper's Avatar
    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    #319  
    Yeah this app updates my weather at 7:50 am, now its lunch, still no other updates. No very impressed at all...
    Last edited by 1Reaper; 03/03/2010 at 03:34 PM.
  20. #320  
    I paid for this; loved it. Since 1.4 WebOS, it doesn't do anything. Won't update the custom wallpaper. Won't update weather. Won't stop telling me I'm in the city I was in last Friday. Even when I shut off GPS service and enter my home zip code manually.

    Needs an update.

Posting Permissions