Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718 LastLast
  1.    #281  
    Quote Originally Posted by balboadave View Post
    Which brings up an enhancement request. Is there room to squeeze in the date on the "As of (time)" line, so it reads "As of (time, date)", "As of (date, time)", or any other format you think looks best?
    I thought about doing that early on, except there were space issues. I can't make that font much smaller and it is already kind of squished.

For now, you can check what day the weather was updated by the dates. If it says Friday after Today, it was updated on Thursday.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    Its not updating for me still. I restarted and all also. Anything else I should try?
  3.    #283  
    Quote Originally Posted by threefiftyli View Post
    Its not updating for me still. I restarted and all also. Anything else I should try?
    How is it "not updating"? Is it updating the image and not the actual weather, or does it hang when you try a manual update?
    Quote Originally Posted by TIWizard View Post
    How is it "not updating"? Is it updating the image and not the actual weather, or does it hang when you try a manual update?
    The last update was friday night at 3am. It says tomorrow is "Saturday". I tried GPS and Zip-Code and it completes the weather refresh but the screen doesn't change.
  5.    #285  
    Quote Originally Posted by threefiftyli View Post
    The last update was friday night at 3am. It says tomorrow is "Saturday". I tried GPS and Zip-Code and it completes the weather refresh but the screen doesn't change.
    Have you turned on "show time updated". Does that change?
    Have you turned on "show time updated". Does that change?
    Show time updated has been on the whole time. Its been on 3:32am Friday. Should I reinstall it?

I'm using 32608 as the zip.

Update: did a reinstall and it fixed it. From my troubleshooting, it seems like it wasn't updating the wallpaper/weather at all. It would hang if I wanted to change the wallpaper and if I wanted to change it back to grey, it would also hang. Turning off and on did nothing.

At least its fixed.
    Last edited by threefiftyli; 01/09/2010 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Fixed
    I thought about doing that early on, except there were space issues. I can't make that font much smaller and it is already kind of squished.

For now, you can check what day the weather was updated by the dates. If it says Friday after Today, it was updated on Thursday.
    I know I can do that, but that's not the reason I was asking. I'd like to see the date, not the day, as in "As of 5:59 PM, 1/09/10". This is information not otherwise found on the screen. You could even reword it to "at 5:59 PM, 1/09/10" to create the needed space. I agree a smaller font would not be desirable.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    To start I'll say that I've been a very happy Weatherman user since the day I bought it. It works very well on my pre and I love not having to open an app (or even unlock the pre) every time I want to see the temperature or the forecast.

With that said I would highly suggest that the display be retooled a bit so that it has a less cumbersome appearance. When in minimized card view there is plenty of room above and below the cards to incorporate a less intrusive display. It would be great to see the temperature, conditions, and location above the cards and the forecast below. Regardless of my suggestions, in general I hope Weatherman will eventually have a cleaner, more native widget feel to it.
    Hasn't worked for me in ages. Just got a new Pre today... hoped that might fix it, Nope. Still won't update.
    Last edited by Sammyc53; 01/21/2010 at 08:06 PM.
    TIWizard, congratulations on the PreCentral article feature!

Also, any chance of us seeing PNG support in future releases of Weatherman?
    Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P -> Palm Pre
  11.    #291  
    Quote Originally Posted by jpgiv View Post
    TIWizard, congratulations on the PreCentral article feature!

Also, any chance of us seeing PNG support in future releases of Weatherman?
    Thanks

I will probably end up converting the image from PNG to JPG on the server, so it won't require any updates to the actual app. I will let you know when I get this fixed.
    Don't call it a fix... call it a "new feature" :-)
    Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P -> Palm Pre
    At night, I disable WiFi & go into airplane mode, so there's no internet access. When I wake up, I enable network access and I like to do a quick check of the weather. But weatherman doesn't update until the next "scheduled" time. It would be better if it could somehow know at least 1 update time has been missed, and that the network is now connected, and update immediately.
    Any chance you could add an enhancement to cover that?
    BTW, just bought the app yesterday and already love it!
    Thanks,
    Alan
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I bought Weatherman the night before last after reading the write up here. It hasn't even come close to working. Won't use the GPS even with Google on in the location services box. I kind of looked this over and saw him posting recently but I'm a bit lost as to what's up.

It's a brand new Palm with the lastest OS installed. Nothing other then an error saying that it can't find my city whether I type it in or let it use the GPS.

Thanks... G..
  15.    #295  
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanK View Post
    At night, I disable WiFi & go into airplane mode, so there's no internet access. When I wake up, I enable network access and I like to do a quick check of the weather. But weatherman doesn't update until the next "scheduled" time. It would be better if it could somehow know at least 1 update time has been missed, and that the network is now connected, and update immediately.
    Any chance you could add an enhancement to cover that?
    I'll double check, but I am not sure if I can detect when you come out of airplane mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Guvner View Post
    I bought Weatherman the night before last after reading the write up here. It hasn't even come close to working. Won't use the GPS even with Google on in the location services box. I kind of looked this over and saw him posting recently but I'm a bit lost as to what's up.

It's a brand new Palm with the lastest OS installed. Nothing other then an error saying that it can't find my city whether I type it in or let it use the GPS.

Thanks... G..
    If you refresh the weather manually, does it hang? If so, this is an issue with the Google Location Service. You can try disabling and renabling the Google Location Service or reinstalling the app.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I tried refreshing it manually, disabling Google location services and nothing. I then deleted the application and re-installed it. Still the same error saying that my city or zip code is wrong. There is an error finding your city. GPS is working. Turned Sprint GPS on and it shows my location right now.

It will not use my GPS. I can however make it use the zip code now. That's a change. GPS is not working though.

Thanks... G..
  17.    #297  
    Quote Originally Posted by Guvner View Post
    I tried refreshing it manually, disabling Google location services and nothing. I then deleted the application and re-installed it. Still the same error saying that my city or zip code is wrong. There is an error finding your city. GPS is working. Turned Sprint GPS on and it shows my location right now.

It will not use my GPS. I can however make it use the zip code now. That's a change. GPS is not working though.

Thanks... G..
    Can you go into the about screen after getting the error and tell me what the "address" is (exactly how it is displayed-- semicolons and all). You can PM me if you would like to keep your location private.
    I just purchased weatherman after reading a thread here, not this one. Anyway, it won't update unless I reboot my phone. It will only access my location if I use GPS to get it. It didn't recognize or update with my city and zipcode. It also won't manually refresh.

Each day I have to restart my phone or it won't show current weather. As the day changes, I have to restart the phone or it will keep showing the information from when I originally rebooted.

Since I didn't have the app until after 1.3.5.1, I'm thinking it might be the culprit for the non-updates. Is everyone else having the problem with updates or should delete the app and re-install?

App Request feature: I wish the dashboard image would show an umbrella if rain is expected for the day and sun if rain is not expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    I just purchased weatherman after reading a thread here, not this one. Anyway, it won't update unless I reboot my phone. It will only access my location if I use GPS to get it. It didn't recognize or update with my city and zipcode. It also won't manually refresh.

Each day I have to restart my phone or it won't show current weather. As the day changes, I have to restart the phone or it will keep showing the information from when I originally rebooted.

Since I didn't have the app until after 1.3.5.1, I'm thinking it might be the culprit for the non-updates. Is everyone else having the problem with updates or should delete the app and re-install?

App Request feature: I wish the dashboard image would show an umbrella if rain is expected for the day and sun if rain is not expected.
    It's updating now. I don't get what changed, but it's updating. Only once per hour, even though I have set for every 15 minutes, but that may be how Yahoo works.
  20.    #300  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    It's updating now. I don't get what changed, but it's updating. Only once per hour, even though I have set for every 15 minutes, but that may be how Yahoo works.
    The weather can only update once per hour, as it is the minimum setting. Glad you got it working.