Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718 LastLast
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    maybe just a coincidence, but I can't remember having any problems with the donator version, only the app catalog version.
  2.    #262  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGk View Post
    maybe just a coincidence, but I can't remember having any problems with the donator version, only the app catalog version.
    Yeah, since then I have moved to a newer weather service that only accepts city names and ZIP codes, whereas the previous source allowed me to send raw GPS coordinates. It is the Palm Service I use that converts GPS coordinates to a city that is hanging. It seems to have started in WebOS 1.3.1-- I can't remember anything being wrong in 1.2.1.

Hopefully this is not an issue in the next WebOS update.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    I've used Weatherman a couple months. This past weekend it started acting up -- it will not update, and I get error messages about checking the zip code. It will not refresh via GPS. I'm considering trashing the app, because now the only thing it does is take up space.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TIWizard View Post
    I have Weatherman constantly running on several phone without any issues.

However, I do know there are a few issues with the GPS API and the Download Manager on some phones.

On some phones, Weatherman will stop updating because the API that is supposed to return an address will never error out or provide a valid address. Restarting usually fixes this issue. This issue is not exclusive to Weatherman. You may notice that Weatherman will skip an hour or two every once in a while-- this is usually because of the GPS API not returning.

In addition, I have seen some problems with the Download Manager API. This is less frequent and a reboot usually fixes it.
    Yep, was not updating the last few days and a restart fixed it.
  5.    #265  
    Quote Originally Posted by spare View Post
    Yep, was not updating the last few days and a restart fixed it.
    It seems to be different for every phone. Usually a restart fixes it, but I have seen a few cases where the GPS service would not return for some reason, and then suddenly start working a week later. It is the weirdest thing...
    how do i donate. I am a Canadian so i do not have access to that app or any paid app for that mater.
  7.    #267  
    Quote Originally Posted by F3ZIE View Post
    how do i donate. I am a Canadian so i do not have access to that app or any paid app for that mater.
    Weatherman is currently only available in the US. There are some known bugs when using a language other than English.
    Last edited by TIWizard; 12/21/2009 at 06:20 PM.
    I'm ad, there's no weather app working in Europe. I hope you will fix the bug(s?) soon.
    The job seems to be great.
    I just wanted to note that since the 1.3.5 changed the clock font on the lock screen, it covers the temp. Is there a way to get the temp pushed down a little?
  10.    #270  
    Quote Originally Posted by threefiftyli View Post
    I just wanted to note that since the 1.3.5 changed the clock font on the lock screen, it covers the temp. Is there a way to get the temp pushed down a little?
    Yeah, I will move that down a bit. This will not require you to update the app. It should just automatically move when I fix it.
  11.    #271  
    Ok, done moving it. Does it look ok? I wish I could move the clock up a little bit

If you don't see a change, refresh your weather.
    Looks great to me. Thanks!!
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    I miss the severe weather alerts but appreciate your choice to use a more reliable service. I'm curious, what service is it?

I made a fresh re-install of v1.0.6 with WebOS 1.3.5.1, and the clock still overlaps the temperature on the lock screen. Any chance of moving it up a little more?

TIA
  14.    #274  
    Quote Originally Posted by dump71 View Post
    I made a fresh re-install of v1.0.6 with WebOS 1.3.5.1, and the clock still overlaps the temperature on the lock screen. Any chance of moving it up a little more?

TIA
    Pre or Pixi?
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Sorry...Pre.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Hey, it seems that my Weatherman is not updating anymore, and I think it stopped working when I installed the 1.3.5.1 update. I have tried restarting, using another zip code, using GPS, and it acts like it's updating but I am still stuck on Monday's information.

Are you aware of this or is this a problem unique to my phone? Thanks, really like the app.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Hey, I love your weather app! I like having information right on my home screen, and what better information to have then the weather! Keep up the great work!

One question.. any possibility of including some kind of animated background now that we have GPU support? Something along the lines of what you can find on HTC. Hell, release it as a new separate app and charge a couple of bucks! I'd gladly pay again to use something like that! Weatherman 2?
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by joe8617 View Post
    Hey, it seems that my Weatherman is not updating anymore, and I think it stopped working when I installed the 1.3.5.1 update. I have tried restarting, using another zip code, using GPS, and it acts like it's updating but I am still stuck on Monday's information.

Are you aware of this or is this a problem unique to my phone? Thanks, really like the app.
    I haven't gotten a weather update all date either...strange
  19.    #279  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tcub View Post
    Hey, I love your weather app! I like having information right on my home screen, and what better information to have then the weather! Keep up the great work!

One question.. any possibility of including some kind of animated background now that we have GPU support? Something along the lines of what you can find on HTC. Hell, release it as a new separate app and charge a couple of bucks! I'd gladly pay again to use something like that! Weatherman 2?
    WebOS currently doesn't support animated background images. It is definitely something that would be considered if support for animated backgrounds was added.

Quote Originally Posted by threefiftyli View Post
    I haven't gotten a weather update all date either...strange
    The weather should be fixed by now. If it still shows weather from a few days ago, try refreshing manually.
    Quote Originally Posted by TIWizard View Post
    WebOS currently doesn't support animated background images. It is definitely something that would be considered if support for animated backgrounds was added.

The weather should be fixed by now. If it still shows weather from a few days ago, try refreshing manually.
    Which brings up an enhancement request. Is there room to squeeze in the date on the "As of (time)" line, so it reads "As of (time, date)", "As of (date, time)", or any other format you think looks best?