Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 LastLast
    Hey, I just reviewed this app on my site. I really liked it. It was nice to see a weather app that goes a slightly different direction.

Question though...since this is an app that is "always on", has anyone noticed any problems with the battery? My poor pre's battery takes a beating every day, so I am just curious if this would add any additional strain.

Nice job on the app though!

David
    www.webosroundup.com
    Find the best webOS apps.
  2.    #242  
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingpenguin View Post
    Hey, I just reviewed this app on my site. I really liked it. It was nice to see a weather app that goes a slightly different direction.

Question though...since this is an app that is "always on", has anyone noticed any problems with the battery? My poor pre's battery takes a beating every day, so I am just curious if this would add any additional strain.

Nice job on the app though!

David
    Weatherman has had no noticeable impact on my battery life, and I have not heard about any issues... It runs itself in the background and I have made sure it is as optimized as possible (using the cached GPS value if possible, etc)

Great roundup of the weather apps by the way!
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    I bought this a few weeks ago, but stopped using it since I'm so picky. I would like to see other options for the size or percent of the screen it uses up. I would love a much smaller font and mybe postion options. Thanks for a neat program though, I will come back, i know
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Wow, just saw on your site you're doing this all as a sophmore in high school. Gotta say man, well done and great initative. Wow
    I've been playing with switcharoo and now saw this lil app. Do they work together? I cant buy it yet, since in in Europe. But in case this app comes sooner than expected i wanna try it
    HP Veer
    Remastered II Theme
  6.    #246  
    Quote Originally Posted by Church Punk View Post
    I've been playing with switcharoo and now saw this lil app. Do they work together? I cant buy it yet, since in in Europe. But in case this app comes sooner than expected i wanna try it
    No, Weatherman (and Stickyman) do not current support 3rd party background changers.
    I just downloaded your lite version from the app catalog, and I am very impressed!!! This is a great app. I just want to make a suggestion before officially buying it.

Is there any chance you can have it also display the "chance of precipitation" or make it an option in the preferences?
    Still waiting eagerly for coordination with Stickyman.
    Laissez Faire
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Mine is not updating anymore despite my settings of "every hour." It updates randomly, 3hrs, 10hrs etc. Anyone else?
    excuse me but how do you copy the url to filecoaster from the Pre and what url is it?
    Is there a specific list of warning that the app will alert to? My area is currently under a winter storm watch, but the app is not displaying the ! symbol.
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees368 View Post
    Is there a specific list of warning that the app will alert to? My area is currently under a winter storm watch, but the app is not displaying the ! symbol.
    Same thing here, we are under a Winter Storm Warning but I'm not getting notification on my screen.
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    excuse me but how do you copy the url to filecoaster from the Pre and what url is it?
    It's not in Filecoaster. It's in the Palm App Catalog.
    From the dev:

"Severe weather alerts had to be removed in the latest version of Weatherman. Severe weather alerts were removed for various reasons. Mainly, I switched to a more accurate weather service that doesn't provide alerts."
    Last edited by Yankees368; 12/09/2009 at 11:20 AM.
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees368 View Post
    From the dev:

"Severe weather alerts had to be removed in the latest version of Weatherman. Severe weather alerts were removed for various reasons. Mainly, I switched to a more accurate weather service that doesn't provide alerts."
    Thanks for the info, I hadn't seen that. I wasn't too worried about it because I get text alerts from The Weather Channel anyway, but it was a nice feature.
    My copy has stopped updated, too.
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    I ended up deleting mine bc it rarely updates and I think it was killing my battery
    It just succeeded. Maybe there was a problem with the weather data source?
  19.    #260  
    Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy View Post
    It just succeeded. Maybe there was a problem with the weather data source?
    I have Weatherman constantly running on several phone without any issues.

However, I do know there are a few issues with the GPS API and the Download Manager on some phones.

On some phones, Weatherman will stop updating because the API that is supposed to return an address will never error out or provide a valid address. Restarting usually fixes this issue. This issue is not exclusive to Weatherman. You may notice that Weatherman will skip an hour or two every once in a while-- this is usually because of the GPS API not returning.

In addition, I have seen some problems with the Download Manager API. This is less frequent and a reboot usually fixes it.