Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1.    #221  
    There are 2 versions of Weatherman--

App Catalog (Latest version is 1.0.2)
    Donor/Homebrew (Latest version is 1.0.6)

Both versions have the same features but different version numbers to prevent any issues when installing the updated donor version over the 1.0.5 version.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    well, that clears it up for me--thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by dump71 View Post
    When I select v1.0.2 from app catalog, it doesn't prompt me to update, but instead to download for $2.99. How do I update?
    I had the same problem. But then I used the Updates app, and got v.1.02 as an update.
  4.    #224  
    Quote Originally Posted by balboadave View Post
    I had the same problem. But then I used the Updates app, and got v.1.02 as an update.
    That is interesting... I will bring this up with Palm and see if I can get this resolved... Is it just Weatherman, or have you purchased another app and experienced the same thing?
    I only have two paid apps, and the other one hasn't had any updates yet, so in that sense, it's just you.

For several other free apps, the updates have been shown in the app catalog as designed.
    I'm on a little road trip, and it's the first time I used the gps feature.

Very nice! I turned it on in Phoenix, and now I'm in a motel in Buckeye.
    There is my home screen with "Buckeye" at the top and of course the current temp and forecast following. It's gonna be 86 here later today.

Neato.
    I'm running the donor version (1.0.6) and use zip code (not gps) for the location. Updates are set for every hour and usually that works. But many times it doesn't update automatically. For example, right now it's 9:15 am but the last refresh was last night at 8:28 pm. That's not very helpful for deciding which jacket to grab as I leave for work.

After it doesn't update automatically I go into the program and press "Refresh Weather Now" but that just leaves the little thing spinning forever. However, it has actually updated the wallpaper - if I throw Weatherman off the screen with the indicator still spinning after 5 minutes, the wallpaper shows the current information.

I hope this description of the problem makes sense.
  8.    #228  
    Quote Originally Posted by redhat View Post
    I'm running the donor version (1.0.6) and use zip code (not gps) for the location. Updates are set for every hour and usually that works. But many times it doesn't update automatically. For example, right now it's 9:15 am but the last refresh was last night at 8:28 pm. That's not very helpful for deciding which jacket to grab as I leave for work.

After it doesn't update automatically I go into the program and press "Refresh Weather Now" but that just leaves the little thing spinning forever. However, it has actually updated the wallpaper - if I throw Weatherman off the screen with the indicator still spinning after 5 minutes, the wallpaper shows the current information.

I hope this description of the problem makes sense.
    Very interesting... Do you live in an area with good EVDO coverage/speed? Wifi on/off?

The slow updating seems like it is a data speed issue. The image is only about 10-20kb, so I have no clue why it would take 5 minutes to update once.
    Is this app compatible with Europe/webOS 1.1.3/O2?

I installed it (actually 'Weatherman Lite') from the App Catalog, and obviously I want to use a UK city but I have also tried US zip codes, but all I get is the error message: 'There was an error downloading the weather. Check your data connection or try again later.'
  10.    #230  
    It should work on 1.1.3 and GSM (English only) Pres and Pixis, but I have not tested it. Weatherman is currently only supported on USA Sprint Pres.

If you have version 1.0.3, go in the app menu and into the about section. What does the status say?
    I have v1.0.2, I just checked for updates and it said Weatherman Lite was updated, so I ran the update, expecting it to say v1.0.3, but it still says 1.0.2.

The status update always says 'Problem downloading weather'. I've tried it over Wi-Fi and 3G.
    I just bought weatherman and for some reason, I can't get it to set the wallpaper I want to use. I can get my Pre to set the wallpaper normally but when I choose it through the menu for weatherman, it just defaults to the black screen background.

Any ideas?
  13.    #233  
    Quote Originally Posted by threefiftyli View Post
    I just bought weatherman and for some reason, I can't get it to set the wallpaper I want to use. I can get my Pre to set the wallpaper normally but when I choose it through the menu for weatherman, it just defaults to the black screen background.

Any ideas?
    Is it black or gray? It makes a huge difference.

If the background is black, it means the background you uploaded was not resized correctky on the server.

Regardless what color it is, make sure the image is a JPEG and not huge (5mb+)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMGrant View Post
    I have v1.0.2, I just checked for updates and it said Weatherman Lite was updated, so I ran the update, expecting it to say v1.0.3, but it still says 1.0.2.

The status update always says 'Problem downloading weather'. I've tried it over Wi-Fi and 3G.
    I tried uninstalling Weatherman Lite to reinstall it, to see if that would fix it, but now I can't find it in the App Catalog anymore - I'm sure I installed it from there in the first place. I can't find it in Preware either, for what it's worth. What gives?
  15.    #235  
    I tried uninstalling Weatherman Lite to reinstall it, to see if that would fix it, but now I can't find it in the App Catalog anymore - I'm sure I installed it from there in the first place. I can't find it in Preware either, for what it's worth. What gives?
    Weatherman will not be available for download through Preware as it is in the official catalog.

Weatherman and Weatherman Lite are still available in the catalog for purchase and download.
    Quote Originally Posted by TIWizard View Post
    Is it black or gray? It makes a huge difference.

If the background is black, it means the background you uploaded was not resized correctky on the server.

Regardless what color it is, make sure the image is a JPEG and not huge (5mb+)
    I figured it out late at night. It was cause it was PNG and not JPEG. Thanks for the great app!!
    Weatherman will not be available for download through Preware as it is in the official catalog.

Weatherman and Weatherman Lite are still available in the catalog for purchase and download.

I can't find it in the app catalog - tried searching 'weather', 'weatherman' and also the 'weather' tag via tag cloud. I'm on webOS v1.1.3 so I don't expect the full Weatherman to appear, since we don't have paid apps yet, but I thought the lite version would've shown up (if it's still free?).. it must've done at some point, since I obviously downloaded it once.
  18.    #238  
    I can't find it in the app catalog - tried searching 'weather', 'weatherman' and also the 'weather' tag via tag cloud. I'm on webOS v1.1.3 so I don't expect the full Weatherman to appear, since we don't have paid apps yet, but I thought the lite version would've shown up (if it's still free?).. it must've done at some point, since I obviously downloaded it once.
    Palm may have enabled country filtering or something... Weatherman Lite has only been submitted for the US.
  19.    #239  
    Quote Originally Posted by threefiftyli View Post
    I figured it out late at night. It was cause it was PNG and not JPEG. Thanks for the great app!!
    I will see if I can get PNG support into Weatherman. It is a server side thing that can be done without actually updating Weatherman. I will let you know when I get that done.
    Palm may have enabled country filtering or something... Weatherman Lite has only been submitted for the US.
    That could be it, although I remember seeing lots of apps that said '(Submitted for the US only)' at the start of their description text. Just found one: 'OpenTable' says this at the mo, yet I can download it.

Guess I'll have to wait for webOS 1.3.1, maybe I'll be able to buy the full Weatherman then.