Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjbrotherton View Post
    I installed the new version and now the app will not launch. Any suggestions?

I had a very glitchy update myself.

I installed the new version (1.0.6) via the URL through Filecoaster.

It installed fine and, when I first ran it, it told me "You previously used one of the default wallpapers. Please choose a custom wallpaper or the grey background." - or words to that effect. OK, no problem...that's the main reason I wanted this update anyway.

I clicked on "Change Wallpaper", navigated to the picture I wanted to use, and clicked the "Open" button...and then it went back to the main screen, with the "Change Wallpaper" button greyed out, with the spinning "give-me-a-minute-I'm-thinking" thing.

10 minutes later, it was still thinking. I guess the app got stuck.

I closed the app...and it wouldn't reopen.

I rebooted the phone...and it wouldn't reopen.

I uninstalled the app (of course, i couldn't deactivate my copy first, since the app wouldn't open).

I reinstalled, then had to go through the process of resetting my activation code (this new version doesn't have the option to run it in "cripple mode" and activative later. You activate it, or you don't use it.

Once it was reinstalled and reactivated, I went through the "Change Wallpaper" steps again...and that time it worked.
    This is exactly what happend to me. I got the spinning wheel too.
    How do I uninstall the app?
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    Hold down the orange key on the keyboard while tapping the weatherman icon on the screen. You'll get a "Delete?" dialog...and then a confirmation (Are you sure?) dialog. Once you hit delete twice, it's gone (although there are arguments going on as whether this deletes the app or just the icon...whatever).

You can then reinstall the app however you did it the first time (I used the URL with Filecoaster and that worked well for me).
    Success! Thanks for the tips. Seems like the upgrade has some bugs. Sucks to have to go through the hoops of uninstalling, reseting the activation code, ect.
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    Glad you got it!
    Does the App Catalog version have the Sea and Sky Wallpaper? It's why I purchased the app. I live at the beach. The update to the donation version removed it, and all the others but the grey.
  7.    #207  
    It looks as if the cookie got corrupted somewhere after updating. On WebOS, if a cookie contains invalid data the app won't launch... This is kind of hard to debug without someone's log file (/var/log/messages) or without reproducing the bug myself.

For now, if the app doesn't launch, just uninstall the app and reinstall it.

I will upload the old preset wallpapers in a little bit so you can use them with the updated app.

Thanks,
    Andrew
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    Quote Originally Posted by TIWizard View Post
    It looks as if the cookie got corrupted somewhere after updating. On WebOS, if a cookie contains invalid data the app won't launch... This is kind of hard to debug without someone's log file (/var/log/messages) or without reproducing the bug myself.

For now, if the app doesn't launch, just uninstall the app and reinstall it.

I will upload the old preset wallpapers in a little bit so you can use them with the updated app.

Thanks,
    Andrew
    I was able to uninstall and reinstalll the app, but now it refuses to update via GPS. The GPS is working in other apps, but does not seem to be working in this app at all.

Thanks,
    Andrew
    Much appreciated.
  10.    #210  
    Here are a few of the old backgrounds (they include the most requested backgrounds, but if the one you want isn't in the gallery, just reply to this post)

Weatherman Backgrounds

It loads in about 30sec on the Pre over EVDO, so be patient. Tap on the thumbnails to view the larger picture.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Weatherman didn't pick up the Tornado Watch issued this morning during automatic or manual updates...is this function not in the new version or is it broken?
    This is a great app but i would like it 2 work with switcharoo! 2 have da weather on every wallpaper is cool! if u can do that i will purchase ASAP!
    re-install app but old code doesn' work. reset site is not up... help?
  14.    #214  
    Quote Originally Posted by robbskittles View Post
    re-install app but old code doesn' work. reset site is not up... help?
    You must have visited the site the instant I uploaded a new version of the reset tool

Try again and see if it works.

Also, if you forgot your activation code, just enter your email address into the reset tool (and leave the code field blank) and you will get an email with your activation code.
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    TIWizard,

I didn't get a chance to say it before, so I'll say it now...

Very nice update...thank you!

I love having my old wallpaper back WITH the weather superimposed on it! Very slick. I'm glad you hooked up us early adopters.
  16.    #216  
    11/6/09

Weatherman and Weatherman Lite in the app catalog were updated to correct some issues with the GPS accuracy. It is strongly recommended that you update.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    When I select v1.0.2 from app catalog, it doesn't prompt me to update, but instead to download for $2.99. How do I update?
    11/6/09

Weatherman and Weatherman Lite in the app catalog were updated to correct some issues with the GPS accuracy. It is strongly recommended that you update.
    and for us homebrew donaters?
  19.    #219  
    Quote Originally Posted by dump71 View Post
    When I select v1.0.2 from app catalog, it doesn't prompt me to update, but instead to download for $2.99. How do I update?
    If you donated for an activation code you should have gotten an email with update instructions. If not, PM me.

If you bought it from the App Catalog and it isn't prompting you to update then you will have to contact Palm support.

Quote Originally Posted by skippyrulz View Post
    and for us homebrew donaters?
    You should have already gotten an email with a donor version. The updated donor version already contains all of the fixes that were included in today's update.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    what is the version that we are talking about? I am a homebrew donater & received an email about update to v1.0.6 which I now have.
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast