Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammyc53 View Post
    Just paid for the real version.

The quickest updates on Temp are 1 HOUR intervals? Really? Come on...

Want my money back. 1 hour is fine for forecasts, but not temp.
    Someone doesn't know how to read...

A direct quote from the app catalog:

...updates local weather forecasts hourly..."
    Quote Originally Posted by redskyy View Post
    I would love to see this app work on top of Switcharoo. That would be a perfect combination. Perhaps an option to make the background a different shade would be nice to make the weather text more visible against whatever wallpaper it is placed against.
    Ditto here too. I bought it from the app cat and thought it would do that, but it dosen't
    Long Live Palm
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zenaa96 View Post
    Ditto for me.

Also, I use Switcharoo the background changing app on my Pre. Could Weatherman be made to run over top of, or in conjunction with, either the current background that's in place or in conjunction with this background changing app? Just a thought.

Also, another second to integrate this app with the Agenda features.

Thanks so much for this app.
    +1 It would be great if you could get this to work with Switcharoo.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammyc53 View Post
    Just paid for the real version.

The quickest updates on Temp are 1 HOUR intervals? Really? Come on...

Want my money back. 1 hour is fine for forecasts, but not temp.
    METARS are hourly, :52 after the hour to be exact.
  5.    #185  
    If anyone has any questions, suggestions, etc, try visiting the new support forum.

WizardApps Forum

This forum will be available to the general public within the next few weeks, so PreCentral members get to see it first

I will still be around here regularly, but it is nice to have a more organized system for support and suggestions.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    I must say:
    Cost effective app/reasonably priced = check
    Consists of most of the features I'd want on a wallpaper overlay = check
    Update consistently = no check

Although I do like this app and it's concept, I still find it faltering somewhat. I ride a motorcycle so I constantly check the weather to be well-prepared when I go ride. As of this writing, my last update was at 7:38pm and it's near 4am now (I'm a night owl). I have it set to update hourly. When I try to manually refresh, it stalls out. My reception is full and wifi is on. Needless to say, I'm less than ecstatic at this point. Now it's just easier for me to go with AccuWeather that came with my Pre if I want accurate weather conditions. Sorry, just my experience so far. YMMV
    Last edited by mikelightnin; 10/23/2009 at 04:59 AM. Reason: spelling
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    weatherman isn't available in app-catalog for german pre. weatherman lite doesn't work with german cities.
    I think you'll have to work a little bit to make this app work not only in your little own country :-))
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    Is there any way to get Weatherman to show its information when the Pre is on the touchstone charger? It just shows the clock.
    Sam Martin - Paris,TX
    Palm Pre(v.1.4.1.1) - Sprint - Standard Battery - Touchstone -Motorola HT 820 - Motorokr S9-HD - Jabra BT8040 - Jabra BT530 - Jawbone Icon - Jabra Cruiser Bluetooth Speakerphone
    I blindly bought this app, but the updates suck... it just wont update every hour as it is supposed to, and it gives no indication of why it's failing... what is the procedure for getting your money back?
    Newton->Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism->Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 755p->Touch Pro->Palm Pre!
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bioart View Post
    I blindly bought this app, but the updates suck... it just wont update every hour as it is supposed to, and it gives no indication of why it's failing... what is the procedure for getting your money back?
    I posted about refunds in another thread: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...l-refunds.html

Palm's policy is "no refunds." Which means that developers need to give refunds. Which is a challenge, since they don't receive their money from purchases immediately, they have no proof of your purchase, and they don't have any access to your credit card info. Which makes it a mess for developers that want to handle refunds. Much less the ones that don't.

Also, keep in mind that the developers don't get what you paid. Which means, if a developer gives you a refund, that are giving you back more than Palm will pay them.

That said, developers that don't give free demos of their products, in my opinion, need to step up and handle refunds. However, in the case of Weatherman, there is a free demo. While the issue you're having might not have occurred in the demo version, I hand it to this developer for going the extra step and offering one. Most developers do not.
  11.    #191  
    I have responded to a few emails about this, but I will post this here as well:

This is a known issue with the GPS accuracy that has been fixed in an update submitted to Palm. The update should go live within the next few days.

For now, you can turn off the GPS location and enter a ZIP code manually.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    Quote Originally Posted by TIWizard View Post
    I have responded to a few emails about this, but I will post this here as well:

This is a known issue with the GPS accuracy that has been fixed in an update submitted to Palm. The update should go live within the next few days.

For now, you can turn off the GPS location and enter a ZIP code manually.
    so what about the update to the homebrew version for those of us who already paid for it? when is that going to be available?
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    I would like to know if the forecast shows rain chances yet, either by icon or text. I stopped using my paid homebrew version when we had rain everyday here for almost a week and there was no forecast for rain at all. I remain disappointed.
    Quote Originally Posted by TIWizard View Post
    If anyone has any questions, suggestions, etc, try visiting the new support forum.

WizardApps Forum

This forum will be available to the general public within the next few weeks, so PreCentral members get to see it first

I will still be around here regularly, but it is nice to have a more organized system for support and suggestions.
    FIRST post in suggestions area of that forum!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skippyrulz View Post
    so what about the update to the homebrew version for those of us who already paid for it? when is that going to be available?
    Yea, I donated also, and would like to know when we will get an update so I can keep my wallpaper.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Update is out (v1.0.6)! I am very pleased to see there is rain chance forecasted!! So far, it does seem more accurate. The ability to lay the weather info on top of the background of your choice is terrific! Thanks Andrew!

I don't recall a choice to change text color before, but I like it. Did you intend for the font to look fuzzy when using some of the colors, or is this merely a reaction to my background choice?
    Last edited by dump71; 10/27/2009 at 12:03 AM.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dump71 View Post
    Update is out (v1.0.6)! I am very pleased to see there is rain chance forecasted!! So far, it does seem more accurate. The ability to lay the weather info on top of the background of your choice is terrific! Thanks Andrew!

I don't recall a choice to change text color before, but I like it. Did you intend for the font to look fuzzy when using some of the colors, or is this merely a reaction to my background choice?
    Where did you find the new update. I don't see it on Precentral or in the App Catalog?
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    I don't see it there either. I received an email about the update, for early supporters. I can only assume the app catalog version will be updated soon. I don't see anything here either: http://support.wizardapps.net/forum/.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dump71 View Post
    I don't see it there either. I received an email about the update, for early supporters. I can only assume the app catalog version will be updated soon. I don't see anything here either: WizardApps Forum.
    I hope so. I'm running on 1.0.1 and would love to see the new updates. Thanks for the info!
    I installed the new version and now the app will not launch. Any suggestions?
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast