View Poll Results: Would you donate for a funtional Palm OS Emulator?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would donate my kidney and first born for such a miracle!

5 23.81%
  • If it worked I would donate my lunch money.

2 9.52%
  • I'm on the fence. When its available I will decide.

7 33.33%
  • I'm over Palm OS. Let it go... :-(

7 33.33%
  • What is Palm OS?

0 0%
  1.    #1  
    I am well aware of Classic for Motionapps but I really think Homebrewers can do a lot better and faster job creating a Palm OS emulator that just works without compatibility issues. Palm OS is an OS created like in what...1996? We have PC Palm OS emulators, Winmo Palm OS emulators, Nokia Palm OS emulators.

I'm sure if the right donations and praise were directed to the right Homebrew guru they could crank out something special. I would be more than willing to donate to such a project and I am sure many others would as well. A functional Palm OS emulator would allow the millions of Palm OS device owners and businesses to finally move to a Palm Pre or WebOS device without hesitation. This in turn could spike up the WebOS community. It would give businesses transition time to move fully to a WebOS only platform and not to mention allow the millions of Palm OS programs to still be functional and be improved upon.

Comments are highly appreciated.
  2.    #2  
    I Spelled Functional wrong in the pole and I have no idea how to edit it.
    Poll: Would you donate for a funtional Palm OS Emulator?
    Correction:Poll: Would you donate for a functional Palm OS Emulator?

Sorry for that. If someone could edit that I would appreciate it.
    It's not at all clear that homebrew would be able to do this. I imagine that MotionApps was given special access to the Pre's guts, which homebrew people wouldn't have, regardless of how talented they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    It's not at all clear that homebrew would be able to do this. I imagine that MotionApps was given special access to the Pre's guts, which homebrew people wouldn't have, regardless of how talented they are.
    That is definitely the case. We are slowly edging up our knowledge of how the binary-only stuff works, but it's a long and difficult process.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Well if anyone can try to reverse engineer and port the Garnet VM from Maemo to Pre Linux...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here