Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Anyone having any luck with the on screen keyboard? I find it to be less than desirable. It's sluggish opening so a lot of times I double tap the gesture area to bring it up, it takes so long that I start to double tap again only to be interrupted by it opening as a result of the first double tap. Then it closes because I've tapped the gesture area again.

It doesn't save my selection on which layout I want, and the response time is slow when typing so I end up with a lot of errors. I frankly think it's just not ready for prime time at this point. I appreciate the effort in developing this app, but I can't get it to work for me. It seems to take too many resources because my Pre just becomes sluggish when using it. I gave it a try a few weeks ago but removed it. I just decided to try it again and it still sucks. Anyone else having positive results?
    i think you suck! IMO
    some people dont like it but some do , it is just a matter of opinion i guess, its great when in landscape mode messenger though lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    It's a nice attempt at a much needed feature but I can't figure out if it's the Pre that's slowing it down, or the keyboard app that's just not right. At this point I can't get it to work consistently and therefore, sadly, I had to remove it. Anxiously awaiting the next version if there is one....
    Mine works flawlessy!!!..the haptic feedback and click sounds all work with no lag!...if your having problems with yours, i suggest uninstalling everything (including deleting the files in the keyboard folder in USB mode) and starting over again.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it...with so much hope. I deleted the virtual keyboard folder in USB mode and installed it again, only to be disappointed once more.

I enabled the haptic feedback and it worked but the keyboard still lags behind and makes the rest of my Pre sluggish. If I use the keyboard then hit the center button the Pre is jerky going to card view.

I really want to love this keyboard but it ain't working for me.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    I tried it, didn't like it. I have no doubt in mind though that as the development of that patch goes on, that thing will become amazing. I'm mainly waiting for typo correction, we'll see if that gets figured out.