1.    #1  
    Hey guys! ive installed the on screen keyboard using preware and i cant type ANYTHING accurately and would like to uninstall it, how do i do this?
    i un-installed today using quick install, i cant post a link yet, but if you search the forums for "quick install" you'll find it
    At the risk of stating the obvious, you could always just open up preware and remove the patch.

Just tap "Installed Packages," scroll down to "Virtual Keyboard," tap on it, and then tap the friendly "Remove" button on the bottom of the screen.
    What is you did it via root? how do i uninstall from there?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    At the risk of stating the obvious, you could always just open up preware and remove the patch.

Just tap "Installed Packages," scroll down to "Virtual Keyboard," tap on it, and then tap the friendly "Remove" button on the bottom of the screen.
    yeah i feel retarded, this took care of it. Im new to preware, been using filecoaster so I figured there was no remove button.

Thanks guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post

I don't see it in there. How else can I remove it?
    The new version of Virtual Keyboard is out now and it says it is in my available patches but when I try to install it, it gives me an install error. I would like to remove the the keyboard but I don't see how. I looked in QuickInstall and I don't see the option to remove it from there nor do I see the option to remove it from Preware. The old keyboard is still working but I would really like to upgrade to the new one. I would appreciate any help!
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Im having the same probably via webos quick install i get (err1) and preware i get (err4)
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    *same problem
    same prob here.
    If you have PreWare, remove it from there or if you installed it using the old WebOSQuickInstall (2.03), use that to remove it. You also need to delete the VK folder from your Pre, using the USB option and your computer. That way the old version of the VK is completely gone, and the new version should install easily from PreWare or the most recent version of QuickInstall.
    Quote Originally Posted by doublespre View Post
    If you have PreWare, remove it from there or if you installed it using the old WebOSQuickInstall (2.03), use that to remove it. You also need to delete the VK folder from your Pre, using the USB option and your computer. That way the old version of the VK is completely gone, and the new version should install easily from PreWare or the most recent version of QuickInstall.
    I checked on the QuickInstall and I don't see how to remove it from that. I tried removing the VK folder and it got rid of the keyboard but I still can't install the new one. Preware doesn't have the option for me to remove it either. When I try to install I get Error Installing [4].

Has anyone else had this problem? How did you fix it? I would appreciate the help.
    Now I don't have any keyboard How do I get at least the old version back?
    It depends on where you installed it from. If you used the previous version of QuickInstall, you have load that version again to remove the check mark from there. PreWare has a remove button too as long as its installed. Then after doing that, you have to delete the folder itself. I have not installed the newer version because of the rumors about the WebOS having an update soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by doublespre View Post
    It depends on where you installed it from. If you used the previous version of QuickInstall, you have load that version again to remove the check mark from there. PreWare has a remove button too as long as its installed. Then after doing that, you have to delete the folder itself. I have not installed the newer version because of the rumors about the WebOS having an update soon.
    I have checked all those and none will fix it. Please help!
    For those of you that are having problems with your keyboard, I ran this app and it cleaned up everything for me. I was then able to install the keyboard no problem. Here is the link to the app

WebOs Repair Utility