1.    #1  
    I spend a good deal of time up north at my camp in the Adirondacks where there isn't a roaming cell signal for at least 1-2 miles or a Sprint signal for 30-40 miles... We do have wifi at the camp though and I was wondering if someone calls my GV # will it still go through to my phone via the internet?

Thanks
    If they call your google voice number then google should forward that call to whatever phone number you have on file to forward to. So you would have to have cell signal to get the actual call.

If you have voice mail transcripts set up to go your email then you would still get transcripts because the pre will check your email via the wifi. You should also still be able to send texts via google voice.....though I am not sure if gdial supports that or if you will have to use the web browser to go to the google voice site.

Honestly this is why I don't understand why cellphone companies are so afraid of google voice. For voice calls it's still dependant upon their network. Even for texts - if I choose to forward texts to my phone - then google texts me a copy of that text. So it uses the texts on my plan. Obviously I could just have it forward emails instead but chances are that if I have email on my phone I probably have texts.
    Quote Originally Posted by scrupul0us View Post
    I spend a good deal of time up north at my camp in the Adirondacks where there isn't a roaming cell signal for at least 1-2 miles or a Sprint signal for 30-40 miles... We do have wifi at the camp though and I was wondering if someone calls my GV # will it still go through to my phone via the internet?

Thanks
    Simple answer to your question, NO.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  4.    #4  
    i guess what I could do when I'm up at camp is forward my cell to my GV# and set GV to go to voice mail and then all my calls will get transcribed to email (for those who leave messages)

kinda hacky, but it'll work for me

thanks for the follow up's