Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I wish i could code so we pre users could have a real mile log program ( this is a cry for help), no not a program that keep track of mileage, but a mile log, so those people who have to keep track of there miles can export to excel this is crazy, the simple expense program that came with the visor would be better than nothing, and I know I could run classic, but I didn't buy a new phone to run classic apps, Palm community get cracking on a solution please.

Frustration in PHX
    A mileage app is next on my list for development. Is there anything you specifically want to see in such an app? I'm currently planning to do the following:

1) Handle multiple vehicles
    2) User enters start/end mileage or total miles per excursion
    3) Past excursions are stored with total mileage so they can easily be recalled
    4) Export to CSV and HTML file format

Anything else?
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
    Ability to store or repeat a trip, e.g. Work or Accountant would make it easier to use.

Quote Originally Posted by cohoman View Post
    A mileage app is next on my list for development. Is there anything you specifically want to see in such an app? I'm currently planning to do the following:

Anything else?
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Ability to enter daily odometer start/finish. Have next days odometer start auto populate with last days finish with option to adjust if some personal miles where in between. Have abilty to input reimbursement rate (ie $0.55 per mile) and calculate total per day and week. A field with location of the trip or purpose would also be nice.
    The government pays .58 cents now
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Not sure if this is possible. But have a start button start as mile 0 then at end point have gps read how many miles you have traveled after hitting stop ane then be able to save as a note oradd notes to a calendar item. Or am I wishing for toomuch?
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by makokiller View Post
    The government pays .58 cents now
    That's why I asked to be able to input the reimbursement rate, because not everyone works for the government and some get reimbursed at different rates than others.
    I have been using the one from the app catalog so far, its limited but it gets the job done.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    There's one in the app catalog?
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Hello and let me say THANK YOU for putting such an app on your list of things to develop. I am co-owner of a small IT support and management firm. We have several clients we see on a regular basis, all within a 30 mile radius. As a small business owner I don't reimburse myself for miles driven on my personal vehicle, instead I keep a log and use them as a tax write off at year's end.

I would love to see this kind of app developed. All I am looking for is a way to enter the miles on my odometer at the start of my day and then record the ending miles. We don't charge driving time back to our clients so a per-client tracking isn't necessary. I would, however, like the ability to export based on a date range.

Thanks again for your willingness to develop such an app!

-Jp

----------------------------------------
    +1 from me. I would love to get rid of my paper log. I used to use SDS Time for my Palm OS treo, but have never found anything as good for WM or the Pre.

Google for SDS Mile/SDS Time (can't post links yet).

Also, if you made an app similar to SDS Time, I would also buy that in a second! Right now I track my hours using the memo app - not very efficient.

Aaron
    My car is in metric (moved to STL from Canada) so I could use the ability to input KMs and have it convert to that miles. However what I'd really like is the ability to do everything in metric (L/100kms). This would also open the app to interest by folks outside of the USA when the app store opens internationally.

Quote Originally Posted by cohoman View Post

Anything else?
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by APEowner View Post
    There's one in the app catalog?
    Only one i know of is the Mileage Monitor, which only tracks your gas mileage, its pretty much useless for our needs.

It would rock even better if this newly developed app would let the entry's inside the program back up to the palm profile in addition to the programs settings. This may be a palm synergy issue though, that backup is such a problem for me, i don't want, need, like its limited use at all.
    When my treo died, i had them in my memos section and was not able to retrieve them, lost all of my mileage for September except for what i could recall by memory.
    I would be glad to pay for an millage app. I had List Pro on my treo and miss not having something like that on the pre. Thanks
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    i tried using google docs with a spreadsheet but it doesn't work right.
    Im out of idea's short of keeping a memo, i just hate that memo can be wiped without prompting, not to mention it doesn't sync with exchange.
    Only way i can think of (until docs2go is out) it maybe just a general .txt document with google docs, or create a contact called mileage and keep it in the notes.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    It would be awesome to have an app that does this. Thanks for looking into it for us.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    cohoman,

If you are still looking for wish list items, I use AutoFile Plus on my Centro and am moving to the Pre and this is the single biggest thing I am leaving behind. I will miss this A LOT.

What needs to be in an app like this?

1. New trip auto populates with current date and time that are both editable. Useful to also log hours on a trip.
    2. New trip auto populates with ending odometer from previous ending odometer.
    3. Open a trip in progress and the current date and time auto populates and both are editable.
    4. Auto calcs time and miles once ending data is saved.
    5. 'Why', 'destination', 'category', 'for' fields that are drop down to contain frequent choices or accept new choices.
    6. Notes entry for details about the trip.
    7. Syncable to desktop component for printing and moving data to other software.

I hope someone tackles this soon.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Add me to this "want it" list. I have been using "Trip" since it come out on my Vx. I have figured out how to get it onto every palm since then and it is still running on my 700p. If fact, the #1 reason I have not gone to Pre is the lack of this essential app. Have been thinking android but I have not found this app on that platform. PLEASE - someone write one that exports to a spreadsheet readable format.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I went ahead and went to the Pre in spite of this inadequacy and keep my Centro in the car, off, battery pulled, until I need to record mileage. I can still sink it to my desk top. This is quite a pain so I hope a developer is listening.
    I just finished two of my WebOS projects and I'm now ready to tackle the mileage app. For those who want to help beta test this app, please send me a Private Message with your email address. And, thanks for all your comments and feedback.
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast