1.    #1  
    Noticed a little while ago that the app catalog had a slight change in it's appearance.

If you look at this post on the Blog from a few days ago, you see that on the right side of the screen, above the star ratings each app says, "try me."

http://www.precentral.net/app-catalo...-and-much-more

However, if you go to the same screen tonight you will see that it says, "Free."

It is a subtle, but significant change, IMO. There was a lot of squaking on forums, and on the app catalog reviews as well, about the lack of up-front pricing. I would bet that this is a step in that direction, even though all of the apps currently say "free," even the paid apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by amateurhack View Post
    Noticed a little while ago that the app catalog had a slight change in it's appearance.

If you look at this post on the Blog from a few days ago, you see that on the right side of the screen, above the star ratings each app says, "try me."

http://www.precentral.net/app-catalo...-and-much-more

However, if you go to the same screen tonight you will see that it says, "Free."

It is a subtle, but significant change, IMO. There was a lot of squaking on forums, and on the app catalog reviews as well, about the lack of up-front pricing. I would bet that this is a step in that direction, even though all of the apps currently say "free," even the paid apps.
    very observant,

I can confirm it.
    There are four lights.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I noticed this as well.
    The way the "Download" button works looks a little different also- but I can't place exactly why.
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    I hope my Pre gets here before they start charging for all these apps. I wish Classic was still free.
  5. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    I noticed this as well.
    The way the "Download" button works looks a little different also- but I can't place exactly why.
    Because now it turns blue when you tap it until the download begins. It didn't used to do that but I first noticed it about a week ago.

xtn
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    i like raw eggs
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    good notice!
    it has been this new way for about 3 days.