Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    There's no native drug reference for WebOS yet so the next best thing is an application to facilitate easy search and access to the free drug references available online.

Drugview is a simple search page with options to choose from several free online formularies (some may require registration and login but they are free)

The advantage of Drugview is that it will allow one to quickly perform multiple searches from various formularies for the same drug.
    The search results are presented in a Webview within the application rather than in the browser. This may facilitate automatically zooming in the text to a more legible size.

Notes on formularies/databases:

For Drugs.mobi: The navigation has been redesigned by SirataXero and now the text info is within the app itself rather than a Webview. There are navigation scroll bars as well as the ability to "flick" sideways form section to section. The Section links now work.

For Epocrates, you may encounter a "Disclaimer page" for the first access. Just scroll to the bottom and click on the Continue button and this page should go away.

For MIMS USA, you will be greeted by a login page for the first access. If you don't have an account just scroll down the page and hit the Register button, and create a free account. Don't forget to check the "remember me" box when you login.

Screenshot:

Current version: 0.2.4

Link to Homebrew download

Source code attached below
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by palmdoc2005; 10/16/2009 at 06:13 PM.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Outstanding. Thank you.
  3.    #3  
    Here are some enhancements I can think of but I would need help from anyone who has knowledge about the WebView widget, HTML5 and database coding and in general better WebOS skills than my paltry knowledge.

1) The drugview-assistant.jsjsjs $is$ $essentially$ $copied$ $from$ $the$ $webview$ $example$ $in$ $the$ $UIWidgets$. $Can$ $anyone$ $explain$ $the$ $use$ $of$ $virtualpagewidth$ &$amp$; $virtualpageheight$?
    The application could easily pass custom parameters for virtualpagewidth & virtualpageheight for the different sites (drugs.mobi, epocrates and mims usa) to fine tune the "zoom" factor

2) Can someone help add a Back and Forward button to the webview page?

3) Adding a "bookmark" for individual searches for the application as well as a "history" for recent searches would be cool. From my understanding, this could be done with HTM5 database programming but all this is Greek to me.

Has Copy and paste for the browser been implemented yet or is this coming out only in 1.2? I hope the same functionality will be available in the Webview widget.
    Last edited by palmdoc2005; 09/14/2009 at 05:36 PM.
    Hey palmdoc,

Since mamouton has not gotten back to me about his other app. I'll begin working on this I guess. I'll look into each one of the websites you access and see if I can pull out the information directly. Hopefully, we wont need back and forward buttons or to fine tune the zoom and such if the UI can look nice.

Also, the search history... as of right now, I know how to take a search string and save it. I'm not too positive on how to keep a history though (past more than one). Databases and such are Greek to me as well. : /

Let's see what I can come up with...
    K so to begin with, no functionality, but I added a couple UI fixes. The textfield and such fit nicely now. There's some hint text, and I stole images of the internet to correspond to whatever service you have selected to search from.

Don't worry, I promise the practical parts are on their way!

So,

I will slowly add more and more functionality as I go... but let me know what are the MOST crucial pieces of information that you REALLY need ASAP and then list them based on their importance. The higher ranked they are, the sooner I will work on them.

I will begin with drugs.mobi cuz it seems the easiest to me. As per gfunk's suggestions I will begin implementing these from the drugs.mobi site:
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic View Post
    -Dosing Info
    -Side Effects
    -Lactation
    -Pregnancy
    -Pharmacology
    -Pharmacokinetics
    Attached Images Attached Images
  6.    #6  
    OK thanks. Yes if we can pull:

-Dosing Info
    -Side Effects
    -Lactation
    -Pregnancy
    -Pharmacology
    -Pharmacokinetics

That would be key.
    Last edited by palmdoc2005; 09/14/2009 at 09:23 PM.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Nifty. Looking forward to seeing how this app evolves.
    Hey Guys!

K so I've got all the info out of the drugs.mobi site.

As of now, it still has the search bar on top, I'll get rid of that soon.

The good news is, all the links work, as well as the "Top" link. So apparently... anchors work on each scene but not in a webview widget?

*shrug*

Either way... it's coming along pretty nicely. I'll come up with, and then add some nice UI functionality to make browsing smoother.

Any Ideas?

Again, this is only the drugs.mobi site. I'll move on to other sites once this one is at least a BIT better looking. I THINK functionally, it's working.
  9.    #9  
    Terrific! Works very well and the hyperlinks work as you say. Hope you can get it going also for epocrates and mims.
    Ok Palmdoc and SirataXero.....I officially have a man-crush on you guys! lol...This is really incredible! Wonderful work so far!

I believe this could be one of the most useful and popular medical apps for webos thus far! I can't wait to see how this progresses...

Also, do you all want to merge the old request thread with this one to keep the conversation in one place?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Hey this is a great app. This will be very useful when the nurse isn't around and I look up the medicine at a glance and possible side effects. Much easier than thumbing through the PDR.
    Hey Guys!

Great news!

I managed to make the UI look a LITTLE bit better. And add menu functionality! also... the coup de gras: You can flick each one of the sections to go to the next one!

As of right now: You can flick or press the arrow buttons in the menu to navigate through each one of the information sections. If you guys have any other ideas or feedback. Let me know! Also, I picked the flick threshold solely by using the emulator, If it's too loose or too hard to turn pages on the real device, let me know and I will tweak it.

Lemme know what you guys think!

I'm done for the night... >.<. Maybe tomorrow I'll finish up Mamouton's app and start working on the other websites portion of this app.

Thank you PalmDoc for inspiring me and starting me off with the beginning version of this app!

*Warning* The only thing you guys have to watch out for is hitting the Home and Main Page or whatever other links come way on the bottom. As of right now, they tend to crash the app. You can hit Back and Top links all you want. I'll try to get rid of these tomorrow or so.

Here's the latest version:
  13.    #13  
    Also, do you all want to merge the old request thread with this one to keep the conversation in one place?
    I think perhaps we'll start afresh...
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Hey Guys!

Great news!

I managed to make the UI look a LITTLE bit better. And add menu functionality! also... the coup de gras: You can flick each one of the sections to go to the next one!

As of right now: You can flick or press the arrow buttons in the menu to navigate through each one of the information sections. If you guys have any other ideas or feedback. Let me know! Also, I picked the flick threshold solely by using the emulator, If it's too loose or too hard to turn pages on the real device, let me know and I will tweak it.

Lemme know what you guys think!

I'm done for the night... >.<. Maybe tomorrow I'll finish up Mamouton's app and start working on the other websites portion of this app.

Thank you PalmDoc for inspiring me and starting me off with the beginning version of this app!

*Warning* The only thing you guys have to watch out for is hitting the Home and Main Page or whatever other links come way on the bottom. As of right now, they tend to crash the app. You can hit Back and Top links all you want. I'll try to get rid of these tomorrow or so.

Here's the latest version:
    Looking VERY VERY good. Great work SirataXero!!
    Yes I noticed the crash when tapping on the bottom links but I really like what you have done so far.
    Last edited by palmdoc2005; 09/15/2009 at 01:44 AM.
    Those screenshots look great! Can't wait for the next update. This is literally all that my Pre is missing. Thanks!
  16.    #16  
    Sirata - there is a bug in that the app freezes if you navigate between the pages for a whil (even without hitting the bottom links) and one cannot use the Esc key in the emulator to get back to the home screen.

I have updated DrugView to v0.0.4 (in the Homebrew section) with the new main search screen displaying the nice logos and the prompt as added by SirataXero.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    Sirata - there is a bug in that the app freezes if you navigate between the pages for a whil (even without hitting the bottom links) and one cannot use the Esc key in the emulator to get back to the home screen.
    Hey palmdoc, I noticed the crash now. I kind of put up the App real quick last night before thoroughly testing it. I noticed it today (right now actually) that it crashed once when I got an email (on the emulator). It also crashed once when I hit the Esc key to back out of the "Lactation" view. Either way, I'll look into it and try to get this part ironed out before I head over to the other websites...

Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    I have updated DrugView to v0.0.4 (in the Homebrew section) with the new main search screen displaying the nice logos and the prompt as added by SirataXero.
    Thanks for updating the listing! I'm kinda really hesitant about releasing such a buggy app... but I'm SO glad that a buggy app doesn't crash the whole phone and force it to restart (old PalmOS). It's SO nice to just hit the "Home" key (or center button, for device holders) just flick it away and have the rest of your phone work perfectly.

<3 multitask!!!!!

*edit* Interesting... now I can't use the back "esc" key at all. It crashes everytime I use it... that's really weird. hahaha >.< whoops. That's weird. I'll look into it more and hopefully post up a stabler version.

Sorry guys!
    Last edited by SirataXero; 09/15/2009 at 09:06 PM.
    I'm really excited and hopeful you guys can develop this application and have evolve into a first rate drug reference/pharmacopeia guide. This is especially so in regards to the following information:

"Thank you for being a loyal Epocrates member since 12/18/2000. In appreciation, we’re giving you special advance notice that we're beginning to phase out support for older Palm® and Windows Mobile® devices.

We've supported older devices for years, but are moving on to exciting, new developments to provide all our customers with the best Epocrates experience.

It means you'll need to get a new device soon to continue using our comprehensive clinical content. We want to help you get there, so we've created a great deal for you - get an iPod touch with our premium Epocrates Essentials software for just $199! It doesn't require a new carrier and is a perfect complement to a cell phone you may have already. Just enter code in the shopping cart to get the deal.
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...ml#post1896707

There may be a good chance Epocrates may be trying to phase out its old free service by stopping legacy support for PalmOS and WM device! IF true, that would be a bad omen and loss of one of the only decent free drug references out there. Thus I really hope DrugView can step in and develop into a reliable replacement!! NO PRESSURE!!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    ...Thus I really hope DrugView can step in and develop into a reliable replacement!! NO PRESSURE!!
    Hahahahaha. Horrible. >.<. It's even worse because I havn't even polished up the drugs.mobi end of the app yet.

Yarg!

I hope Epocrates ends up making a WebOS version as well. It would be nice to compare that with our own HomeBrew and seeing the benefits of HomeBrew vs. official.

*edit* Finally got rid of the SPELLING ERROR that caused crashes while using the backswipe. Personally, I don't really like the UI as of now... I'm thinking of rearranging a couple of those menus and trying to make it look a bit more decent. I'm open to suggestions. Please! I'm pretty sure you guys will use this app more than I will so... let me know what you guys want to see on this app and I'll stick it in. As of now, I guess I'll try to get basic functionality from Epocrates integrated in... I'll post back with my progress soon...
    Last edited by SirataXero; 09/15/2009 at 10:57 PM.
    awesome Pre "doctors" at work!

DOwnloaded! THanks guys! Keep it up!
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast