Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 145
  1.    #121  
    The links to other searches would not be possible for the Webview page but I think it is possible to generate them from the App Menu - will look into that.
    As for simultaneous display that would be more challenging - the best thing for side by side comparison is still to open up searches in separate browser instances.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
  2. #122  
    Oh wow... searching multiple forumlaries and displaying the result in a long table is a really good idea... I can look into that, if Palmdoc doesn't mind.

    We can have something like a checkbox (or an extra option in the drop down menu) that says "Search all" or something similar (epocrates excluded). This could then show a list of results something like this:

    (Pardon my lack of post styling skills)
    Code:
    Tylenol oral/rectal
    -drugs.mobi
    
    Tylenol GoTabs oral/rectal
    -drugs.mobi
    
    Tylenol
    -MIMS USA
    
    Tylenol
    -Wikipedia
    If one of these is clicked, it could lead the user to a new card or webview page.

    I dunno... what do you guys think?
  3.    #123  
    Sure, please have a go. I have uploaded the current source code for v 0.2.3 in the first post.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
  4. #124  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    Epocrates has taken note of Drugview and I have received a polite take down notice. This is the email which I am obliged to post here as it concerns all Drugview users and I view this app as a concerted Homebrew effort:



    This is my reply (with typos corrected - it's 5 am over here):



    If Epocrates still insists on a take down then I think we have no choice but to comply. Sorry guys.
    Hi there - Sean from Epocrates here. I wanted to post here rather than through email so I can participate in the conversation directly.

    I did review the latest app version - it should be ok to leave it in the webview. I was concerned that having it in a webview would include a frame around the Epocrates content that could potentially: a) make the content look like it was coming from somewhere other than Epocrates or b) change the layout of the screen. It doesn't seem to do either of those, so it's ok.

    As you know, the Epocrates Online screen layout does not translate well to WebOS right now. We've made a few tweaks to make it a little easier to navigate around, but we're concentrating our efforts on the native WebOS application to give it a much more intuitive layout and interaction model.

    We are hoping to have the free product out by the end of the year. There's still quite a bit of development work left to do, but it's coming along nicely. As explained in the email I sent, we do request that Epocrates would be taken out of the Drugview app when our native product is available.

    If any of you are interested in being beta testers when the time comes, please let me know. Just email me at shandel at epocrates dot com.

    Cheers,
    Sean
  5.    #125  
    Hi Sean. Thanks for participating in the thread and providing Epocrates' official feedback.
    It's great that Drugview be allowed to include Epocrates in the search as it is. We look forward to the native WebOS version of Epocrates and would be glad to remove Epocrates from DrugView when the WebOS version is out of beta.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
  6. #126  
    Quote Originally Posted by shandel View Post
    Hi there - Sean from Epocrates here. I wanted to post here rather than through email so I can participate in the conversation directly.

    I did review the latest app version - it should be ok to leave it in the webview. I was concerned that having it in a webview would include a frame around the Epocrates content that could potentially: a) make the content look like it was coming from somewhere other than Epocrates or b) change the layout of the screen. It doesn't seem to do either of those, so it's ok.

    As you know, the Epocrates Online screen layout does not translate well to WebOS right now. We've made a few tweaks to make it a little easier to navigate around, but we're concentrating our efforts on the native WebOS application to give it a much more intuitive layout and interaction model.

    We are hoping to have the free product out by the end of the year. There's still quite a bit of development work left to do, but it's coming along nicely. As explained in the email I sent, we do request that Epocrates would be taken out of the Drugview app when our native product is available.

    If any of you are interested in being beta testers when the time comes, please let me know. Just email me at shandel at epocrates dot com.

    Cheers,
    Sean
    Awesome response. and personally... thank you for allowing the Webview.

    Great to have very reasonable developers around Looking forward to the native app!
  7. #127  
    Sounds good!

    Good to hear direct feedback instead of jumping to conclusions.

    I guess the original idea was to design a personalized UI, however, if it works with WebView, and you guys are happy with it, then I guess everyone's happy.
  8. Xylose
    Xylose's Avatar
    #128  
    Hello palmdoc2005,

    first of all, i want to thank you for your DrugView App, i find it to be very nice. But i have a problem: I am a student of pharmacy in Germany, and i am looking for a similar app which can fetch the same data as your app but from german sites.

    The main difference - as far as i understand the whole process - is, that on the pages i am talking about, you have to log in for gaining access to the data. This is because of some law here which prohibits uneducated or 'non-health'-people from access to data about prescription drugs. The pages which i am talking about are rote-liste.de and fachinfo.de.

    So the first question i guess would be: is it possible to modify your existing app to include the databases (which i think will be unlikely because of the aforementioned circumstances )? And if that's not possible: Maybe you can give me some hints about the way you do this kind of database queries?

    I have to add that i have no programming experience as of now (except basic html and css), but i am willing to look deeper into the matter. I have the IDE Eclipse including the recommended plugins and the emulator installed on my Macbook.

    Thank you very much in advance for answering my questions.
  9. #129  
    thanky0uu
  10.    #130  
    Xylose - I have no idea since I don't have a DocCheck login and am not sure whether it will work even with one.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
  11. #131  
    Wow...this is a very nice little piece of software. I never knew drugs.mobi was such a great reference until I used this program. I'm rather impressed at the dosing, kinetics, and pharmacology information. It's not quite as ridiculously in depth as UpToDate vis-a-vis looking at a disease state and its treatment in depth, but if I'm on rounds and the physicians need a dose I don't know off the top of my head, I think this will come in handy.

    I'm sick of poking at the screen of my old and busted PDA...this is awesome. Thanks, guys.

    All I need now is an easier way to load all of those guidelines on idsociety.org and the Pre will officially be the most useful tool I've ever bought myself.
  12.    #132  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xylose View Post
    Hello palmdoc2005,

    first of all, i want to thank you for your DrugView App, i find it to be very nice. But i have a problem: I am a student of pharmacy in Germany, and i am looking for a similar app which can fetch the same data as your app but from german sites.

    The main difference - as far as i understand the whole process - is, that on the pages i am talking about, you have to log in for gaining access to the data. This is because of some law here which prohibits uneducated or 'non-health'-people from access to data about prescription drugs. The pages which i am talking about are rote-liste.de and fachinfo.de.

    So the first question i guess would be: is it possible to modify your existing app to include the databases (which i think will be unlikely because of the aforementioned circumstances )? And if that's not possible: Maybe you can give me some hints about the way you do this kind of database queries?

    I have to add that i have no programming experience as of now (except basic html and css), but i am willing to look deeper into the matter. I have the IDE Eclipse including the recommended plugins and the emulator installed on my Macbook.

    Thank you very much in advance for answering my questions.
    Good news, I finally got round to getting my Doc Check account. So yes, it works for rote-liste.de and I have updated Drugview to include this search option (version 0.2.4, available in the Homebrew section)
    1) You will have to login in once for the first search, using your Doc Check credentials
    2) After that you go back and peform the search again

    I don't sprechen Sie Deutsch so for now I think it performs only Trade Name/Brand Name drug searches and not Generic/Scientific names.
    If there is an option which tells one to search (using the Detailed search function) with the generic name please tell me which one it is.

    Irgendwie hoffe ich, dass Sie damit glücklich sind
    In celebration of the GSM Palm Pre launch in Germany. Enjoy!
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
  13.    #133  
    On exploring further, I believe the Fachinfo site returns searches as a Product Info in PDF format unlike Rote-Liste so that won't be suitable for Drugview. I still can't figure out how to search by Generic name.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
  14. #134  
    Thanks for a great App. This is very usefull especially when RX to kids and looking up the drug info in your Pre while at the Pharmacy. Interesting how this App will evolve. Thanks again,

    Paul (Shou)
    A BAD DAY SKIING AND ROCK CLIMBING IS STILL BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK
  15.    #135  
    Glad you find it useful Paul. I think I'll be a heavy user myself once I get a GSM Pre!
    I don't know exactly how this app will evolve but I guess it depends on how the online resources evolve as well. We may add new ones as they become available and existing ones may be removed - e.g. Epocrates once the WebOS version is released.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
  16.    #136  
    Drugs.mobi has a new iPhone/Webkit interface. However Sirata's code still works.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
  17. #137  
    Will DrugView for WebOS ever be made available through the apps catalog?

    - Jim J.
  18.    #138  
    Good question. I appreciate that getting it on the app catalog will make it easier for users to install. On the other hand this is an evovling app which may be redundant once the likes of Epocrates come up with WebOS versions.
    So to answer your qeustion I think for now, no. As it is it remains a Homebrew only app.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
  19. #139  
    How do I get the drug view app on my phone...I am a new pre owner and can not figure this out...i am about to switch to a new phone because of the lack of medical apps??
  20.    #140  
    Hi
    PreCentral has instructions
    Http:/precentral.net/how-to-install-homebrew-apps
    Worth taking the trouble to go through

    The best ways are get WebOS Quickinstall then use it to instal Preware on your phone,
    Preware will essentially be another App Catalogue and you can instal Drugview directly to your phone using Preware

    HTH


    Quote Originally Posted by hdaaron View Post
    How do I get the drug view app on my phone...I am a new pre owner and can not figure this out...i am about to switch to a new phone because of the lack of medical apps??
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions