Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Hey Guys,

Bad news. : /.

Epocrates is lame! That stupid popup is severely ruining my game.

As of right now, I can't get a way to get rid of it. I even tried going through the browser, hitting Accept and coming back into the app. It always comes back! Yarg! Well, when I have more time I can look into cookies and saving and what the site checks on the device to not hit Accept each time, although, to be honest, I tried it on the browser and I have to hit accept every time I search for something and click the results... that kinda sucks... I'm sure there's a work around and I promise I'll investigate it further. Maybe on the weekend? Sorry!

On the brighter side:

drugs.mobi is quite well supported by DrugView! .

I've added the ability to mispell words and get an error message instead of a blank page and nothing. The App even suggests to try your search again! . haha. I also noticed that if your spelling was close to a real drug (on the website) it suggested a correction. That feature has been implemented in the app, however the correction link actually launches a browser page with the result (for now). I hope to have it correct itself and launch the search results within the app later on.

These are all planned... but as of right now, I'm really irritated by Epocrates. It doesn't even know what Advil is. Seriously? (I use Advil and Tylenol as my testing queries, haha).

I will finish up mamouton's app cuz I've really been slacking him off after promising to have it finished yesterday. >.<. I will come back and begin implementation of MIMS. Hopefully, MIMS is a little better. On initial evaluation, it seems to be easy to access and pull out information. However, I see some drawbacks: first is that little button that follows you while you scroll. I HOPE it shouldn't cause a problem... but... you never know. Also, I noticed that MIMS gives a LOT of information. While this shouldn't be a problem, I just think it might be hard to load it all and I'd have to do a bunch of visual formatting to get it to look pretty (instead of letting it autoresize).

But anywho, this is what we have so far... sorry it's going kinda slow. I wish the rest of these sites had mobile sites like drugs.mobi. It's SO easy to play with that site... : /.

*WARNING* This attachment is only for evaluation of drugs.mobi. If you want a working app, please use the older versions. This app has drugs.mobi working but NONE OF THE OTHER OPTIONS WORK.

As with any beta/testing app: use with EXTREME caution.

For right now, please test drugs.mobi as much as you can and test it out for bugs/inconsistencies.

Also, if there are any UI suggestions, please feel free to throw them out so I can implement them.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  2.    #22  
    Thanks for all the hard work. Yeah, the pop-up from epocrates is a nuisance and somehow keeps cropping up. I guess the session cookie times out pretty quickly.
    Don' forget MIMS requires pre-registration and login but at least the cookie 'sticks'
  3.    #23  
    I have an idea which will make the app easier to use - perhaps instead of just an empty text field, we could include an auto-fill box based on a list of generic drug names such as those available here
    I'd need some help here with the programming as I don't know how to do this.

Thanks
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Hey palmdoc, that sounds like a great idea. I THINK I have an idea of how to implement this. However, I don't think (I could be wrong) that the Pre supports autofill boxes. So the idea I had was just to include a button for easy look up which would just pop open a new page withe list of all the drugs. When one is pressed, it would pass that drug name onto the textfield in the main search page. The user can then go back to using the app normally (switching databases and hitting the Search button).

Let me know what you think of that.
    Brand names such as Elavil for amitriptyline for lookup would add to it's functionality. As a paramedic in the field we rarely get generic names and often get slang or "sounds like" which we have to quickly id. If one of the drugs a pt. is taking is unfamiliar to us we can use all of the quick simple help that we can get! Often it's easiest to google to start getting the info on a med but then we go to a more detailed site like Epocrates to fine-tune our interpretation. The NeedyMeds site has a good cross-reference for generic vs. brand. I was real surprised to not find Elavil in a tryout of DrugView for WebOS using drugs.mobi Thanks for all of the work you've done so far; it certainly looks like it's heading in the right direction!
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Hey palmdoc, that sounds like a great idea. I THINK I have an idea of how to implement this. However, I don't think (I could be wrong) that the Pre supports autofill boxes. So the idea I had was just to include a button for easy look up which would just pop open a new page withe list of all the drugs. When one is pressed, it would pass that drug name onto the textfield in the main search page. The user can then go back to using the app normally (switching databases and hitting the Search button).

Let me know what you think of that.
    Hmmm. I did a search in the developer.palm.com forums and someone suggested a dynamic filter list:
    "If you want to mimic this and create your own use a textfield and a list, add a listener for Mojo.Event.propertyChange to the textfield (which will be called everytime a character is entered) and then update the list's model using whatever your filter is."
    http://developer.palm.com/index.php?...s-dynamicLists
    I think this means as one types in the textfield box, a list will pop up. I guess we can come up with the list of drug names but that would be pretty long. I wonder if it is doable?
    Last edited by palmdoc2005; 09/17/2009 at 05:31 PM.
    Well, FIRST of all...

Congrats on the App Catalog!!!!!!!

Second, I have tried to do filterlists before... I failed quite hard. hahaha. It's extremely difficult for me, for some reason... : /. I guess I can try it again. To be honest, I'm working on trying to get Epocrates (without the popup) and then MIMS after that working first. Once we have basic functionality down, we can work on fine tuning. If you have the time, could you work on the filter field part of the app? That would be cool. Coming up with the list of drug names definitely requires some time. I'm not sure who would be willing to go through and do that yet. I might look into stealing the list from that website you showed me, but we'll see.

Until then... I'm trying to make some headway into Epocrates. I'll definitely keep this thread posted as soon as I make a breakthrough... until then.. it's back to the code for me. : /
  8.    #28  
    Thanks
    Will try to work on the List filter thingy...
    great app,
    thanks
    This is a fantastic program. I like the ability to search 3 references at once. I like epocrates alot, and I'm glad I can use it now without paying for the classic app. Keep up the good work.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    I love this app! Can an estimated dosage calculator be added (as a function of body mass, sex, race, etc.)? That would be useful.
  12.    #32  
    OK guys while waiting for SirataXero to try to workaround Epocrates and MIMS USA, here's a "hybrid" version so you can appreciate the cool features for drug.mobi as coded by SirataXero.

Update v 0.0.5 :

* The UI for drugs.mobi has been redesigned (by SirataXero) and the text information is now formatted within the application rather than as a browser view and you get navigation bars as well as a horizontal scroll (you can flick sideways to the next section).

* The auto-zoom for Epocrates online and MIMS USA has been improved.

Thanks for everyone who said thanks and did you remember to Vote for the app in the Homebrew repository?
    @ujsc - a dose calculator at this stage is not in the works but perhaps in the future. Thanks for the suggestion.
    This is really handy. I would use this all the time. I use DrugDigest for this type of functionality but the convenience of this app is very helpful. The cool thing about drug digest is that it provides streaming pronunciation guides and photo ID of what the pills by different manufacturers can look like.
    Cellphone History- Audiovox CDM9155> Sanyo 5150>Samsung SCH-1000>Samsung N400> PalmTreo 300> Palm Treo 600>Palm Treo 700P> Palm Centro> Palm Pre
    This great I notice when I do the search and click on the drug no information comes up I did a search for ritalin and when I click on one of the three no information is there.
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    This great I notice when I do the search and click on the drug no information comes up I did a search for ritalin and when I click on one of the three no information is there.
    Hi. I just checked and a search for Ritalin in all 3 databases gets a result.
    Is there supposed to be a description for the drug? I am attaching screenshots for what I am seeing. I am searching the drugs.mobi site

What is funny is on the emulator I get results. I will try to reboot and see what happens.

Rebooted same results. Will now delete reboot and reinstall.

Same results.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mamouton; 09/19/2009 at 06:52 AM.
  17.    #37  
    Probably an Internet connection glitch or one of the servers is/was down. I am just checking again and MIMS is slow/down.
    Ok the emulator pulls up descriptions fine and I can click on the arrows at the bottom, the Pre just states no information.
  19.    #39  
    what about epocrates?
    Epocrates takes me to the web, I can click on the link and get the information.
    The emulator puts the information in the app.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast