Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    Why not use the last.fm ScrobblePod to send the song lists from your iTunes to Last.fm every time you sync?

- Craig
    I think, unfortunately, at least the stock Pre music player does not update the song play counts when you synch with iTunes like iPods do. So ScrobblePod wouldn't help in this case.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Big thanks for this app. A big step to improve one of the weakest Palm apps on the device.
    Have now transferred my music over thanks to Remix.
  3.    #43  
    In just over a month, Music Player (Remix) has shot up to being the second most popular Homebrew app since the Homebrew Gallery began. See the review:

Music Player (Remix) Now Offers 25 Key Upgrades

Since this thread was posted with Music Player (Remix) version 9.1, new features have been added including:

Resume Play - When you exit while playing a track a special bookmark will be set. When you turn Music Play (Remix) back on, tap Resume Play to go back where you left off.

Lyrics Slider - While viewing Lyrics you can now use the slider bar to move around in the sog=nd.

- Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 09/25/2009 at 11:01 AM.
    i cant wait to jailbreak the pre !! awesome aps !!
    Sometimes i wonder why Palm couldnt add some of these features before releasing the phone.
    I no longer use my iPod thanks to this awesome app. It does everything my iPod could do plus more. My absolute favorite feature that I always wanted on my iPod was a way to go to the current artists main view while listening to a song in shuffle mode of all the songs in my library.

Example: Just choosing shuffle all tracks lets me listen to all my music in random order when I don't really know what I want to listen to, when I get to a song that makes me want to listen to just that one band's songs, I always had to fuss around in the menu (either on my iPod or stock Palm Music app) to get to that artist. I don't even know if this was mentioned in the review, but you can swipe up or down on the Now Playing screen to go to the currently playing artist's album selection view

Love it.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Absolutely awesome app, don't know what i would do without some of the features, i.e lyrics
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    1st of all please forgive my ignorance as a newbie. My question is what are the implications of installing these home brew apps ie if I hack the phone will I still have a warranty and how will future webos updates be affected will I be able to update normally?? And will the remix player survive future webos updates? Again apologies for basic questions. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Taigerr View Post
    1st of all please forgive my ignorance as a newbie. My question is what are the implications of installing these home brew apps ie if I hack the phone will I still have a warranty and how will future webos updates be affected will I be able to update normally?? And will the remix player survive future webos updates? Again apologies for basic questions. Thanks!
    In most cases, installing homebrew apps would not constitute "hacking your phone" since no OS files are being modified. There are a few which indicate on the homebrew gallery page that it requires "rooting". If you're weary of modifying your OS files, then you should stay clear of those apps. Music Player (Remix) does not require rooting.

So in most cases, you're just installing apps from a different location than the official app catalog. Your phone is not going to be out of warranty. Chuq, a member of the Palm development team, has shown that he supports the homebrew community.

Any webOS update can break any webOS app (in the official catalog or homebrew gallery). It's up to the developers to continue to support their apps. It's my intention to continue to support Music Player (Remix) and provide updates for any issues that arise from webOS updates, as I have done for both versions 1.2 and 1.31.

And even if a particular homebrew app was not supported, the worst case scenario for you is that you uninstall the app and move on.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Thanks was really struggling with the generic player. Will try install tonite!
    amazing app, but I feel there needs to be a way to arrange by track number
    only thing mission is what Pocket Tunes brought to the Treo. Subscription music.
    Quote Originally Posted by kinnellshah View Post
    amazing app, but I feel there needs to be a way to arrange by track number
    If you select an album, then tap on any song it'll load the album and sort by track number. Also if you load an album in shuffle mode and then tap the shuffle icon at the bottom left corner of the screen, it'll go back to being sorted by track number (vs. being shuffled).
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123