Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    So, I've run into a problem. On my Blackberry I had an app called MessageAlerts, who's purpose was upon receiving a text containing a certain code word, would continuously vibrate and ring my phone until I picked it up. The apps main function around our office is that we have certain alerts that get paged out, and sometimes have to wake us up as we are on call 24/7.

I have so far no been able to find a homebrew or regular app to accomplish this. I though about trying to put my extremely limited development skills into hacking together something, but don't see that there is an API to tap into to be notified on received SMS'.

Is there a program that I'm perhaps missing that can accomplish this? If not, are there any developers out there working on something like this? I'm basically being told that if I can't get this working, I have to go back to a Blackberry. My return window is dwindling quickly, and I need to get something working before I'm forced back to the BB, which is something I'd really rather not do.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    you could try and set something up similar to the tracking cron here:
    Patch webOS GPS Tracking - WebOS Internals
    and instead of having it email anything just call a notification sound set to auto repeat with vibrate.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I went the easy route. I had them get me a pager to carry. I really didn't want to part with my Pre, so if I have to carry a pager for it to work, then so be it.