Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Please help... I also posted this in the "How to remove my tether safety" thread...

Quote Originally Posted by ricofalltrades View Post
    Ok, I found my answer. I have to uninstall the driver. Remove the phone and reset the phone. Put it into devmode. Also reinstalled Novacomd and then connected. It now all works like a champ.
    Quote Originally Posted by kmpisme View Post
    I need help on this quick. I apologize if this has been posted elsewhere, if so I cannot find it. I have to return my Pre tomorrow (received replacement) but forgot I had installed MyTether. Before replacement was sent, I tried to do a full erase on phone (while talking with Sprint rep), then with WebOSdoctor, nothing. We tried using the ##786# (or whatever the code was) plus entering their code, nothing. We cannot get in to erase this thing. I took off all I could on the phone, but happened to think this all might still be in there somewhere. All the other apps are removed, and I can't find MyTether when the phone is on. My computer won't "see" or recognize my old phone when I plug it in, and I've removed the battery, restarted computer, everything I can think of. So did the Sprint rep, hence the replacement phone, however he did not know I had installed this, nor did I tell him If anyone can help me quickly with this, I'd greatly appreciate it - as I don't wanna have to pay for the replacement phone they sent me if the modification is in the phone and I can't get it out, but they can.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Okay, update... dumb me - it wasn't in Developer Mode.

Now the computer recognized it, went into Tools, then Device Management to find MyTether to uninstall - but it is not there. Is it safe to assume there is NO trace of my going in and altering anything in this phone before I send it back?

It seems like all the times we (myself & Sprint rep) tried doing a full erase did erase things but I'm not sure it's back to factory settings b/c the full erase never completed and I can't get it to complete.

Is there ANY way to double check this??
    dont worry you already got ur replacement right? there's nothing they can do about it now .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Yes I did - are you sure??
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Well, I guess persistence paid off. Somehow, someway, amidst my panic, I was able to get the computer to "see" the phone, was able to run WebOS doctor and completely reset the phone. No worries about that now. Hope they believe me that there was a problem with it to begin with tho b/c we couldn't get it to do a hard reset, hence the replacement phone!!

Thank you tho!
    It wouldn't matter either way as anything you may have done to the phone from the posts found on this forum or the Wiki would not be looked at as bad unless the return was software related, which I highly doubt it was.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    thanks for the reply. Actually, it was b/c the SMS was messing up. You couldn't see conversations or reply to SMS messages. It was bizarre.