1.    #1  
    Does anyone out there know of an App in development for Astronomy. Sky maps and all? I have used the program Planetarium on my old Treo 755p but it will not work with Classic.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Have you tried the website for iSkyGaze? It's an iPhone website but seems to work for the Pre.

At least it can be temporary fix while we're waiting for a native Pre application.
    Planetarium will work up to version 2.3.
    ver 2.4 don't work with Classic.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by lkj1956 View Post
    Planetarium will work up to version 2.3.
    ver 2.4 don't work with Classic.
    OK, I'll have to see if I can find 2.3. Thanks.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    OK, I'll have to see if I can find 2.3. Thanks.
    Work fine. Thanks for the info.
    Anyone hear anything new on this? I saw some older astro freeware for the palm but seemed kinda meh. What about porting skymap or something like that, anyone tried? I'm a newb so be gentle, k.
    +1
    Everybody that is interested; can you give me a list of possible features you'd like in an astronomy app? I know nothing about astronomy, but was thinking about writing a webos astronomy app for a software class this semester, since one of the guys I'm working with is interested in astronomy. Itt has to meet certain requirements for my project, but I'd like to know what some good features would be. Some possible ideas:
    Show the constellations/planets/satellites? in your current sky with labels based
    on your gps location. Use accelerometer to point you at constellations depending on gps location and angle from the horizon in a certain direction. Webpage service could let you login and keep track of satellites and notify you when they are in your gps range, also allow you to show/see the sky from the point of view of your last saved gps point.
    iskygaze tells me to enable cookies although they are enabled in my Pre browser (no iphone spoof) - any tricks for that site? Is iphone spoof required?
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    Everybody that is interested; can you give me a list of possible features you'd like in an astronomy app?
    Here's a few things I would find useful.

I'd like a deep red background to prevent loss of night vision. Overall color scheme should work to minimize loss of this.

Constellations, yes; option to get star names.

Perhaps ability to type in a star name and show where it is in the sky.

Planets - yes.

Option to use it in portrait or landscape mode - sometimes some constellations stretch more horizontally than vertically. It might be helpful to be able to lock it in one of those modes to avoid flipping.

Be neat to have ISS location or ability to predict if overhead and visible.

Special events? Things like Perseid meteor shower date / times, etc.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bbito View Post
    iskygaze tells me to enable cookies although they are enabled in my Pre browser (no iphone spoof) - any tricks for that site? Is iphone spoof required?
    I just tried it and it works fine on my Pre. I don't have the iPhone spoof.
    Thanks for the confirmation, time for a restart...
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Will MicroSky for Palm OS work with Classic? (upto dot org)? I don't have Classic at this time.
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    the developer at iSkygaze.com leaves an email to ask for it on other devices. if we all email gus. branchesi @gmail .com (sorry for the spaces, p|c won't let me post an email address) asking to make version for the Pre, maybe he will!