Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #161  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    WOW! The icon now shows today's day!!! This is amazing..!!! I don't know how you manage to do this, but I love it! The only things though is that it would be nice if that number would be a bit bigger on the icon if it is not too much to ask, but it looks AWESOME!! Thanks!
    Today's date is easy. Tomorrow's and the next day's and the next...are what's a little more difficult.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I agree, the date a little bigger would be great.

The app won't load for me after this last update. I tried re booting but it still won't load. It hangs on reading events.

Edit: ok, it just took a long time the first time.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    This has to be one of the best apps that improved what Palm slacked on.

Well done!

(Can ya make the date a little bigger before you put this on the backburner? It sux having to squint at tiny icon features.)
  4.    #164  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeking View Post
    I agree, the date a little bigger would be great.

The app won't load for me after this last update. I tried re booting but it still won't load. It hangs on reading events.

Edit: ok, it just took a long time the first time.
    I think it's a cookie problem with the new calendar display prefs. For anyone who had a previous version installed, the first calendar read may fail. Try going into prefs then hit the manual refresh button.
    I absolutely love this app... As long as the WebOS 1.2 update doesn't break any of the unfinished APIs, this may become my new default calendar program... however, until that happens, i do have a few suggestions and one bug I noticed.

First, the bug: if the app is already up as an active card, when I click on the icon, nothing happens. For any other (non Web) app, clicking on the launcher icon will open the already active card. However, clicking on the Agenda icon doesnt do anything

Now, on to some suggestions:
    1. As mentioned earlier, if you can make the number of the Current Date on the icon bigger, that would be great! It's very hard to read the number quickly, especially since i have the 4x4 tweak instealled with makes the icon smaller
    2. Any chance you can have a "next" and prior" option/icons to get to the next set of dates? So, lets day I have a 31 day preference set, I currently see 9/19 thru 10/19. If I wanted to see the next set of 31 days, it would be great to have a quick icon to get to 10/20 thru 11/21.
    3. Or, in addition to #2 above, maybe have a "jump to" date. So, while the program would always start up on today's date, if I wanted to jump to December 1, then I would see the agenda for 12/1 thru 12/31.. and, if i wanted to go to January, I could use the next button suggested in #2.
    4. I love how you can now click on an event and it would bring you to the edit date event screen. Would there be any way to make the headers for each day (e.g. MONDAY OCT 19 -----) a clickable header to take you to that day's calendar? So, if I clicked on that MONDAY header, the calendar would open up to 10/19.
    5. Can you add a preference to show days with no events? So, if you have a day with nothing, you can still show the header for that day, just with no events under it?

So, overall, this is a great app...I can't wait for Palm to make some of these APIs officially released and updated!
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    I think I have now covered most of the major features. There are still a number of items on my to-do list, but this should be a pretty functional app now.

I am going to take some time off from adding features and focus on clean up and optimization of the code. If you'd like to see additional features, feel free to suggest them - it just may take a little longer before they're implemented. If a feature has already been suggested, it's likely already on my list, but more votes might make it a higher priority.

If you like and use Agenda, feel free to click the donate button in the first post. It's not required, I started this project because I wanted an Agenda app and I wanted to learn more about WebOS Programming, not as a profit-making endeavor. On the other hand, I have put in quite a few hours on this. The wife is getting a little...annoyed...with the lack of attention she's gotten over the past couple of weeks. Maybe if y'all get her something pretty, she'll let me work on other stuff...
    great job on this I luv it .. can you tell me what is your confirmation of donation. I think I did,early on but i am not sure, but want to if I haven't. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    I absolutely love this app... As long as the WebOS 1.2 update doesn't break any of the unfinished APIs, this may become my new default calendar program... however, until that happens, i do have a few suggestions and one bug I noticed.

First, the bug: if the app is already up as an active card, when I click on the icon, nothing happens. For any other (non Web) app, clicking on the launcher icon will open the already active card. However, clicking on the Agenda icon doesnt do anything

Now, on to some suggestions:
    1. As mentioned earlier, if you can make the number of the Current Date on the icon bigger, that would be great! It's very hard to read the number quickly, especially since i have the 4x4 tweak instealled with makes the icon smaller
    2. Any chance you can have a "next" and prior" option/icons to get to the next set of dates? So, lets day I have a 31 day preference set, I currently see 9/19 thru 10/19. If I wanted to see the next set of 31 days, it would be great to have a quick icon to get to 10/20 thru 11/21.
    3. Or, in addition to #2 above, maybe have a "jump to" date. So, while the program would always start up on today's date, if I wanted to jump to December 1, then I would see the agenda for 12/1 thru 12/31.. and, if i wanted to go to January, I could use the next button suggested in #2.
    4. I love how you can now click on an event and it would bring you to the edit date event screen. Would there be any way to make the headers for each day (e.g. MONDAY OCT 19 -----) a clickable header to take you to that day's calendar? So, if I clicked on that MONDAY header, the calendar would open up to 10/19.
    5. Can you add a preference to show days with no events? So, if you have a day with nothing, you can still show the header for that day, just with no events under it?

So, overall, this is a great app...I can't wait for Palm to make some of these APIs officially released and updated!
    +1 to #1-4: all good ideas.

Again thanks for the app: really has progressed well and have to love how the developer has listened to user feedback. Definitely donating.
    Well hopefully that donation will be a start (XXXXXXXXXXXX9072B). This is the best app. I removed the calendar icon after your first update. Like I said it just keeps getting better and better. I echo Audemars02 with the being able to click the header to take you that date on the calendar.
    one of my favorite apps. is there any plan to have a delete option added? thanx for the hard work
  10.    #170  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    If WebOS 1.2 breaks the API, I will be one unhappy puppy...

Drat. The bug is related to the icon update code. I'll work on fixing it, but it may take a little time.

1. make the number of the Current Date on the icon bigger
    2. "next" and prior" option/icons
    3. "jump to" date.
    4. make the headers for each day a clickable header to take you to that day's calendar?
    5. add a preference to show days with no events?
    Good suggestions.

1. I have to rely on the generosity of remix2000 for changes to the icons - I got no Photoshop.

2. next and prior buttons should be doable.

3. Not as simple. There's no quick way of entering a date other than date picker, which is cumbersome to say the least.

4. I don't know if I can make the headers clickable. I had planned on making clicking on the colored icon take you to the date rather than event. Or vice versa. I'd have to figure out how to handle days with no events (see 5.)

5. Already on the list.

@ericizzy1 - I'm not very interested in getting into changes to the Calendar data. You can currently tap the event to bring up Calendar, then just use the app menu to select Delete Event. That seems to be simple enough.
    Any plans to make this a wallpaper? The option to have it always showing would be helpful!
    Bigger Icons are on their way..... I just sent them off.... other icons I'll work out at a later time... I've attached an example of what it'll look like compared to the old.. It's significantly bigger than the previous version and the largest I think I can make it without significantly altering the design.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cellphone History- Audiovox CDM9155> Sanyo 5150>Samsung SCH-1000>Samsung N400> PalmTreo 300> Palm Treo 600>Palm Treo 700P> Palm Centro> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by remix2000 View Post
    Bigger Icons are on their way..... I just sent them off.... other icons I'll work out at a later time... I've attached an example of what it'll look like compared to the old.. It's significantly bigger than the previous version and the largest I think I can make it without significantly altering the design.
    That icon looks great! Nice a big numbers without altering the basic design of the icon!
    That looks good is there a way to make them a glossy black as well?
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Looks great. I'm loving the progress with the. I've also replaced my calendar link with this instead of the palm one!
  16.    #176  
    Quote Originally Posted by remix2000 View Post
    Fantastic! I'm taking the day off, sitting in a boat on a lake (reading Mitch Allen's Palm WebOS book) so I can't send an update until later. But zi think I've also got the solution for the bug mentioned above.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I tried that out in the design process but the way it came out it was a bit too busy. The current design provides a contrast that I liked in the end.
    Cellphone History- Audiovox CDM9155> Sanyo 5150>Samsung SCH-1000>Samsung N400> PalmTreo 300> Palm Treo 600>Palm Treo 700P> Palm Centro> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    You guys are kickin app and taking names! I really appreciate the calendar picker in the last update and the new icons look sweet. I'll be sending some appreiation when I get back to my home computer. Thanks once again!
  19.    #179  
    Version 0.4.1 uploaded

New icons (THANKS, REMIX2000!) and fixes the "nothing happens when I tap icon when minimized" bug. Should also keep Agenda from loading at midnight if it's not already running.
  20.    #180  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    That brings up another possibility: I could add the ability to select from a (limited) number of icon sets, packaged along with the app. I wouldn't want to include a bunch, because of the impact on app size (the current icon set made the app go from about 30kb to about 200kb), but a couple or three would be possible.

Or, possibly even allow the user to select a location where icon sets are stored....for unlimited possibilities. Wanna make the icon for the first day of the month to be a cat, then second a dog, etc. Go for it...

Added to to-do list.
Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast