Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    A couple of things I would love to see are:

1) Location of the event.
    2) End Time of event
    3) The option to have Today's date show up even if there are no remaining appointments and just say "No remaining appointments" or something like that.
    4) The ability to edit/open the appointment in the Calendar program by tapping the event

I love the program though. It has amazing potential.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Lovin' the updates! Really love the idea of incorporating the tasks etc... Not necessarily an issue w/ the app. but does anyone know how to eliminate the palm profile from the calendar or at least not show it in the calendar view and therefore not show in agenda? Basically every calendar event etc.. is duplicated in Google calendar and so in agenda as well.

On another subject the thing that I miss most about the Palm OS is the ability to use floating events in calendar. I figure its not your priority but if you add tasks, floating events etc. I think this would be a real top of the line app. sort of on the level of datebk for the old Palm OS.

Great Start and Good Luck!!!
    Suggestions..
    How about adding where the location of the event is? Like put it in italics next to the name of the event?
    And maybe putting the event name in the black bar at the bottom (sorry I don't know the specific name of it) with a little 'a' next to it, like the icon for the app?

Aside from those two I really like this app!
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yellow View Post
    Lovin' the updates! Really love the idea of incorporating the tasks etc... Not necessarily an issue w/ the app. but does anyone know how to eliminate the palm profile from the calendar or at least not show it in the calendar view and therefore not show in agenda? Basically every calendar event etc.. is duplicated in Google calendar and so in agenda as well.
    In the regular calendar, you can pick which calendars appear in the "All" list. In the calendar app, Preferences & Account. Then, for each account, tap on it. Change the slider for "Display in 'All Calendars' view."

However, you cannot do this with Palm Profile. That one is required. I'm guessing that you have events in your Palm Profile because you used the migration tool? Otherwise, I don't recommend having anything (events, contacts, etc.) in the Palm Profile. They should be in Google Calendar, Exchange, whatever.

(In other words, I'd have suggested migrating from your old app, like Palm Desktop, to Google, and then syncing that with the Palm).

Given that you have complete duplication, sounds like you need a way to clean out Palm Profile, since you're not using it. Not sure I know an easy way to do this, however...

But, I digress.

Quote Originally Posted by yellow View Post
    On another subject the thing that I miss most about the Palm OS is the ability to use floating events in calendar. I figure its not your priority but if you add tasks, floating events etc. I think this would be a real top of the line app. sort of on the level of datebk for the old Palm OS.
    I can't speak for the author of this app, but keep in mind that there's a huge difference between Agenda and a full-blow calendar app. DateBk took years to develop. Ditto for similar products like Agendus, PocketInformat (popular on iPhone and Blackberry). Perhaps someone is already working on such an app, but I'd expect to be a year or more before such an app was mature. And, even that, I'd expect it to have a fraction of the features of DateBk6... at least initially.
    This is awesome, I love it. I haven't read all the posts yet so I hope this isn't a double submission for a request to add to the program. I would love if you were able to add the agenda as the default wallpaper when the phone is locked. For example, you pick up your Pre, the screen has gone to sleep so you hit the power button to wake it up. In addition to seeing the little yellow padlock, that you slide to unlock, you would also see your agenda. Thanks for all your hard work and I'm looking forward to future enhancements.
    Looks really neat!

Do you mind adding a 24 hour time-stamp for us with real clocks? :-)

if( Mojo.Format.isAmPmDefault() ) {
    // print 12 hour clock
    } else {
    // print 24 hour clock
    }
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    suggest changing "+" to calendar icon of some sort. Thank you.
    Jan Rifkinson
    Ridgefield CT USA
    And yeah, on more thing:

If you have an entry that spans over midnight it will appear as two different events, one on the first day with the correct day and one on the day after with the time 12:00am. I don't have any ideas of how it should be visualized though... :-)
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by d00heden View Post
    And yeah, on more thing:

If you have an entry that spans over midnight it will appear as two different events, one on the first day with the correct day and one on the day after with the time 12:00am. I don't have any ideas of how it should be visualized though... :-)
    This has been my experience with most agenda-type displays. The nicer alternative is to replace the start time with a left-pointing or up-pointing arrow or something similar (e.g., "prev"), for the second day. That is, simply replace the "12:00am" with the arrow.

If end-times are shown, the end time for day 1 should be "next" or a right/down arrow (instead of ending at 11:59pm).

For example:

--- Monday ---
    1:00pm-2:00pm Meet with Jim
    10:00pm-next Party with Jim

--- Tuesday ---
    prev-2:00am Party with Jim
    10:00pm-next Marathon party

--- Wednesday ---
    prev-next Marathon party

--- Thursday ---
    prev-8:00am Marathon party

(in case it's not obvious, "Marathon party" runs from 10:00pm on Tuesday all the way until 8:00 on Thursday -- i.e., crossing two midnights).
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    This has been my experience with most agenda-type displays. The nicer alternative is to replace the start time with a left-pointing or up-pointing arrow or something similar (e.g., "prev"), for the second day. That is, simply replace the "12:00am" with the arrow.

If end-times are shown, the end time for day 1 should be "next" or a right/down arrow (instead of ending at 11:59pm).

For example:

--- Monday ---
    10:00pm-next Party with Jim

--- Tuesday ---
    prev-2:00am Party with Jim
    10:00pm-next Marathon party

--- Wednesday ---
    prev-next Marathon party

--- Thursday ---
    prev-8:00am Marathon party

(in case it's not obvious, "Marathon party" runs from 10:00pm on Tuesday all the way until 8:00 on Thursday -- i.e., crossing two midnights).
    I like arrows. And end times!
    And maybe a small box with the calendar colour next to the calendar name?

Ouch, I need to stop whining... :-)
    Another suggestion I had was to allow the option of having appointments that have passed for the current day disappear. I don't know that everyone would want this option, but I would find it nice to have appointments that are over no longer show on my Agenda page.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    version 0.2.1 uploaded - only shows calendars that are selected to "Display in all Calendars view" in Calendar app. Should be a simple solution for choosing which calendars to display.
    nice intermediate solution. i think, in a perfect world, there would be a quick option to select only one calendar to view, then go back to all calendars. but this is a good start. Just adding the all-day events has made this app incredibly useful to me already.
    also, it would be nice to have bigger font with color. thanx for a great app
    I know you are doing this for fun haeffb, but I think you should work on this full time and get that donation button up so that we can get you some cash. This app has so much potential. It is the first of its kind, you could be the one to set the standard for viewing agendas on the pre. Think about it.
    Ya I definitely think that if it were possible that clicking on an event would take you to the details. That right there would complete the core use of this app.
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    end-times are shown
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey99n View Post
    Entries on same line as the time (ie. 11:00am Event name) to better use of room
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrognome View Post
    tap on the event that it would pull up the event to be edited
    Quote Originally Posted by davismw View Post
    make the icon change with the date (like the calendar icon does)
    I second all of the above (in order of personal importance).
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I prefer the current font size, thanks. Too many WebOS apps (that display lists of items) use a font that makes you scroll on and on to view the list.

Please keep the current size (or YAP - Yet Another Pref).

Tnx,
    -JerryG
    This is great! I've replaced the calendar in my quick-launch with Agenda!
  20.    #80  
    Version 0.3.0 uploaded.

Adds Preferences scene - the only preference at the moment is whether to include all day events in agenda.

Follows system format for 12hr/24hr time.

This should make Agenda a usable app for everyone (...where everyone is defined as the set of those who want all day events and the set of those who don't...) and I currently consider most other suggestions as "wants" and not "needs." If you "need" a feature not implemented, let me know and I'll try to make it a higher priority. Unless it requires rewriting WebOS or something...

Lots of good ideas have been suggested and I'm keeping a list and will implement many of them - as time permits. Be patient with me!
Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast