Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263132333435363738 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    How does sconix get the day for his top menu - today patch? Could his code be adapted for Agenda?
    Dang I think alot of people rely on agenda view! Hope they have something good planned.... But since the dev has a pre 2 and didn't mention a new agenda app being built in guess that's not good news
    I get that palm doesn't allow access to PIM data. But why can't they make an agenda view for their calender from the get go. It doesn't seem all that hard to do. I can use the google or yahoo calender website and get an agenda view of my calenders from those sites.
  4.    #704  
    It's not hard. But Palm didn't do it. And no one else can.
    palm should do it!

Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    Dang I think alot of people rely on agenda view! Hope they have something good planned.... But since the dev has a pre 2 and didn't mention a new agenda app being built in guess that's not good news
    they clearly said that webOS 2.0 is not complete, even in these Pre2 models. There are still things they are working on (exhibition mode, expanded synergy, etc), so we just have to hope that it will come with those updates as well
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Welp, time to hold on to 1.4.5 for as long as possible. Actually, given that my carrier hasn't picked up the Pre 2, that might be easier than I think.
    -- Bring back DateBk!!

Having the Pre2 (on Bell in Canada), I find that I don't miss Agenda as much as I thought. I use the UberCalendar patch as well as the Top Menu-Today patch set at 7 days and it does quite well for me.
    Possible to get calendars that are not showing under ALL in the default app to show up in agenda? can we view agent by calandars? possible to add those in?
    The thing I'd miss most is the type to search function in Agenda.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    The thing I'd miss most is the type to search function in Agenda.
    So would I now! Thank you very much for mentioning it. I did not even know type to search was available in Agenda.
    Quote Originally Posted by hboisvert View Post
    Having the Pre2 (on Bell in Canada), I find that I don't miss Agenda as much as I thought. I use the UberCalendar patch as well as the Top Menu-Today patch set at 7 days and it does quite well for me.
    You were able to install ubercalendar on a Pre2? How?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    You were able to install ubercalendar on a Pre2? How?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Check the ubercalendar thread for the 2.x versions - in the last page.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    haeffb --

Got a request for you...

We all know that Agenda doesn't work in 2.0, and I really miss it. However, I was hoping you might be able to help me out with something. My main device is still my 1.4.5 device with all my calendar entries in my Palm Profile, and I wanted to find a way to make a full backup of my calendar before converting my profile to 2.0.

I have used the PalmDatabase file and extracted the calendar data into an excel file, and have used this as a best backup of my calendar data (which is all in my Palm Profile). I have done my best to convert the timecode in the file to an actual Date and Time, and think I have the conversion done correctly, with one exception... The adjustment for Daylight savings does not happen!

So, i was wondering:
    1. how your app converts the code to specific times, and how does it account for DST?
    2. How easy would it be for you to create an way (either in Agenda or a new app) that could export your entire calendar?

PM me offline if you want to discuss in more details!
    Thanks
    Adam
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
  15.    #715  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    haeffb --

Got a request for you...

We all know that Agenda doesn't work in 2.0, and I really miss it. However, I was hoping you might be able to help me out with something. My main device is still my 1.4.5 device with all my calendar entries in my Palm Profile, and I wanted to find a way to make a full backup of my calendar before converting my profile to 2.0.

I have used the PalmDatabase file and extracted the calendar data into an excel file, and have used this as a best backup of my calendar data (which is all in my Palm Profile). I have done my best to convert the timecode in the file to an actual Date and Time, and think I have the conversion done correctly, with one exception... The adjustment for Daylight savings does not happen!

So, i was wondering:
    1. how your app converts the code to specific times, and how does it account for DST?
    2. How easy would it be for you to create an way (either in Agenda or a new app) that could export your entire calendar?

PM me offline if you want to discuss in more details!
    Thanks
    Adam
    Adam,

1) Agenda doesn't do anything specific to convert to timezones or DST - all that is handled by the Mojo framework. The times are stored in UTC in the calendar database.

2) It should be possible to write an app for 1.4.5 that would read all calendar entries and then sync them to, for example, Google using the Google API's. Unfortunately, I don't have time to write such an app.
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    Well.

I have a Palm Pre 2 with webOS 2.0 and can confirm that Agenda no longer works.

Looks like the time has finally come and the undocumented API is broken in 2.0.

I'd like to thank everyone who has donated for Agenda in the past. Sorry it doesn't work anymore
    Sorry to hear this.
    It was exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks for the time you spent on this.
    Just call me Berd.
    Now that Exhibition has an Agenda, I wonder if it would be possible to get this into a standalone app.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    Now that Exhibition has an Agenda, I wonder if it would be possible to get this into a standalone app.
    At NYC Dev Day, they implied that there could/would be a standalone app. the problem is that the Agenda view in exhibition is a bit lacking in features.

If anything, I would LOVE for someone (haeffb, perhaps?!?) to see how the Exhibition app reads the calendars and then modify the Agenda app for 2.1! I would be happy to donate some money for this. In fact, I will commit a $25 bounty for anyone to get the Agenda app (or one with similar functionality) working in webOS 2.x. Anyone else want to add to that?

Like any of my work:
    Great idea.
    I'll contribute $25.
    But I don't want others to think because we said $25, they have to say $25.
    I'm sure anything will help.
    It adds up.
    So if someone says even $5, I say thanks for wanting to help get this going.
    any news on this. 2.1 without be able to search in calendar is worse then 1.4.5