Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 212627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 620 of 742
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #601  
    Quote Originally Posted by rkjunior View Post
    I think I figured it out. I received a calendar invite that had no description but where/when info). I can jump to the day before and it's working today. If I try to go to yesterday, when that was the only calendar appt, it hangs. Might be something to test.
    HaeffB --

    I had been on vacation for the last 10 days (hence, had not used Agenda at all!!! Love Agenda of course, but happy when my days are 'unplanned' as they say).

    Anyway, I launched it this morning and hang, hang, hang while loading. Tried to uncheck all calendars and turn off all settings and it still didnt' work for some reason -- does it work with 0 calendars checked (maybe not). Anyway, after reviewing the past couple of posts, I found the day that caused the error (next Mon the 22nd) and upon further investigation, it seems I had somehow put a 12:00am-12:30am appointment with no title (description) or location into my work Exchange calendar. That event was causing the hang on load.

    Not sure if you can address this issue through code (to ignore null events)? I don't suppose it's too regular of an occurance, but it certainly helped me kill 45 minutes of productivity this morning. (Palm Calander shows the 'event' just fine)

    Thanks again for such a great app (and support).

    For new Verizon Pre/Pixi owners, you should really try out Agenda for your daily / weekly planning. AND make a donation if you like it. I don't want to sell HaeffB short, but this is at least a $5-$10 app for the amount of clarity it provides relative to Palm's current implementation of Calendar (based on individual's use cases of course).
  2. mbloflin's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    #602  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    ...Anyway, I launched it this morning and hang, hang, hang while loading. Tried to uncheck all calendars and turn off all settings and it still didnt' work for some reason -- does it work with 0 calendars checked (maybe not). Anyway, after reviewing the past couple of posts, I found the day that caused the error (next Mon the 22nd) and upon further investigation, it seems I had somehow put a 12:00am-12:30am appointment with no title (description) or location into my work Exchange calendar. That event was causing the hang on load...
    Thanks so much greenawayj! I have been having hang problems for two weeks and was getting so upset. I tried reinstalling, preference-double refresh, tweaking all calendar settings and turning off all calendars and nothing would fix it. It was crazy. If I set the range real short I could get it to load but anything over about 10 days was no good. Based on your tip I went searching and sure enough in my exchange calender (not directly synced on palm but synced to my google calendar syncd on my palm) there was an untitled event. I deleted it and now everything is fine. Weird that the untitled event would hang Agenda even when that calendar was not even checked for syncing.

    Brad
  3. Westmar's Avatar
    Posts
    193 Posts
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    #603  
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    I have found that I can easily switch back to portrait mode be holdig my Pre upright and then tilting it slightly towards me and then back. Just a little wiggle.

    And I'm working on a prefs toggle...
    How' that prefs toggle coming along? No offense because I really love this app, but the constant flipping is extremely annoying.
  4. #604  
    Dear haeffb,

    thank you very much for creating and developing "Agenda"!

    I love it, but I am really dying for one thing: a week view or at least a virtual-week-view. To proceed from week to week by hitting the right arrow would make finding a suitable day for making appointments with my customers very easy.

    Here is my suggestion: it would be great if you could allow us setting e.g. Monday as a start day! That combined with a setting of showing "7" days ahead would give us that virtual-week-view. You just have to hit the right arrow to proceed week by week.

    sorry, no native english speaker but I hope you got what I mean, don't you?

    Best regards!
  5.    #605  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjunik View Post
    Dear haeffb,

    Here is my suggestion: it would be great if you could allow us setting e.g. Monday as a start day! That combined with a setting of showing "7" days ahead would give us that virtual-week-view. You just have to hit the right arrow to proceed week by week.
    That should be possible. I'll give it some thought.
  6.    #606  
    I have a new version of Agenda ready for testing - but don't want to send it out to PreCentral just yet. Not sure it's stable enough.

    This version is an attempt to fix the issue with Agenda hanging when you use a "large" date range...i.e. go back several years worth of events.

    Anyone with a large number of calendar events want to test it? Send me an email to tigercountrysoftware at gmail.
  7.    #607  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbloflin View Post
    Thanks so much greenawayj! I have been having hang problems for two weeks and was getting so upset. I tried reinstalling, preference-double refresh, tweaking all calendar settings and turning off all calendars and nothing would fix it. It was crazy. If I set the range real short I could get it to load but anything over about 10 days was no good. Based on your tip I went searching and sure enough in my exchange calender (not directly synced on palm but synced to my google calendar syncd on my palm) there was an untitled event. I deleted it and now everything is fine. Weird that the untitled event would hang Agenda even when that calendar was not even checked for syncing.

    Brad
    When you say "not even checked for syncing" do you mean checked in Agenda? Or checked for syncing somewhere else?
  8.    #608  
    Quote Originally Posted by Westmar View Post
    How' that prefs toggle coming along? No offense because I really love this app, but the constant flipping is extremely annoying.
    It's done & ready to go, as soon as I get this new version tested.
  9. #609  
    I don't have years of information to go back or I would help test. I notice you have the phone referenced on the css page do you plan on incorporating any other features into this app I still vote for a customizable background.
  10. Westmar's Avatar
    Posts
    193 Posts
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    #610  
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    It's done & ready to go, as soon as I get this new version tested.
    Great - thank you, kindly!
  11. #611  
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    That should be possible. I'll give it some thought.
    I know I have raised this before, but it is relevant to mjunik's request.

    A week view as an additional option to the agenda view would be an absolute killer feature.

    I know nothing of the programming issues, but clearly the data is already available.

    As an example of what I mean by week view look at the old datebk version or the pocket informant week view.

    Pocket Informant week view

    Datebk week view

    If it's not a possibility then so be it, but if it is then I'm sure there would be a lot of takers.

    Thanks.
  12. jeking's Avatar
    Posts
    333 Posts
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    #612  
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    That should be possible. I'll give it some thought.
    Gonna have to throw in my vote for a week view as well.
  13. #613  
    Sorry to say that but as I am tired of waiting for webOS apps to spread I switched to a HTC HD2 and reactivated my once beloved "Agenda One" =>
  14. #614  
    just a shame it's a lame duck device and OS, though a very nice phone with a nicely tweaked familiar OS.
  15.    #615  
    Uploaded 0.6.0 with pref for allowing rotation to landscape.
  16. #616  
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    Uploaded 0.6.0 with pref for allowing rotation to landscape.
    got it on preware
  17. #617  
    haeffb

    Just installed your great app. Everything appears to be working, except for the days w/out events not showing up. I've toggled that preference item numerous times to no avail. I rebooted the phone. Nothing. Any ideas what I can do to get this feature working for me?
  18. jeking's Avatar
    Posts
    333 Posts
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    #618  
    I can confirm the days w/o events bug. If I toggle my calendars to get a day w/o evenys, the day is not listed.

    also, the title bar does not adjust to the screen width when horizontal. It would be great if you could have it adjust to screen width or even just center would be good.
  19.    #619  
    Version 0.6.1 uploaded. Fixes days w/ no events bug and centers view menu in landscape mode. Might work on making it extend full width later...
  20. #620  
    Just updated to the new version and am having a strange problem. I get the spinning circle like it is loading and it never goes away. I can still see the calendar under the spinning circle but it never goes away. I tried uninstalling and re-installing but it is the same. It's been working great till this latest update. Any ideas or suggestions on what to do. I have been loving this program and would miss it if i can't get it to work right.

Posting Permissions