Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 192425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 580 of 742
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #561  
    How would the week view differ from what's already in the Calendar app?
  2. #562  
    Quote Originally Posted by krischer View Post
    However, there is a small inconvenience. When one changes the "time frame" (called "Zeitraum" in the German version) in the menu, in order to search for example for certain events in the whole year, the next time when one updates the view, or touches the date or the left/right arrow on the top, or similar actions, then the chosen time frame is forgotten, and the preselected time frame (which is only 31 day max.) is used again. I would prefer to stick at the recently selected time frame until this is changed by the user, or after a restart of the app.
    Dear haeffb,

    What about my proposal above?

    Regards, Stefan
  3.    #563  
    I'll try to come up with a way to implement your suggestion. I didn't anticipate that one would want to remain in an "extended date range" for a long period of time - thinking that it would be used more for searching, etc. It's not convenient to scroll through, for instance, twelve months of events, so I wouldn't think you'd want to live with a long list all the time.

    What if it just saved your extended date range so that the next time you used that menu item, your previous selection was still there?
  4.    #564  
    Uploaded version 0.5.9.

    Adds a French translation, and saves the "extended date range" as described above.
  5. #565  
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    Uploaded version 0.5.9.

    Adds a French translation, and saves the "extended date range" as described above.
    Is that really all? I don't remember there being a landscape view before, and how long has the option to wrap event titles been there?
  6. #566  
    What program are you referring to? My version of agenda doesn't do this.
  7. #567  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    What program are you referring to? My version of agenda doesn't do this.
    0.5.9, as quoted.
  8. mbloflin's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    #568  
    Just updated to 0.5.9 and sure enough landscape started working!

    BTW love Agenda, on my launch bar, been with it since v0.1.1, and have donated!

    thanks Haeffb
  9. conum's Avatar
    Posts
    338 Posts
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    #569  
    thanks for the update.
    it speeded up agenda - wow
    it was like an old truck before, now becomes a ferrari
  10. #570  
    Quote Originally Posted by stickb0y View Post
    0.5.9, as quoted.
    Hmm interesting I don't have landscape mode at all for this program, I wonder if is it another patch that you have that does that.

    Haeffb is this an option you enabled on agenda?
  11.    #571  
    Ok, thought I'd already uploaded a version with landscape and the option to wrap titles. Guess those are new in 0.5.9 as well. Sorry about that.

    mamouton: Turn your pre on it's side with agenda 0.5.9 open, and it should go landscape.
  12. #572  
    Haeffb, thanks a lot for the new version 0.5.9 with the possibility to store the extended date range. I assume that indeed the range and not the end date is stored...

    I will donate right now.

    Regards, Stefan
  13. #573  
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    How would the week view differ from what's already in the Calendar app?
    the calendar app only shows blocks of time. I'm looking for something that shows the actual appointments. If you want to see an example then you can look at these screenshots

    http://www.pocketinformant.com/produ...id=screenshots

    or

    http://www.pimlicosoftware.com/palmm505-week2.gif

    I used this all the time on my treo.

    cheers

    paul
    Last edited by paulpenny; 01/17/2010 at 12:28 PM.
  14. #574  
    Haeffb,

    I've tried to make a donation several times, but Paypal did not accept my German Mastercard and did not offer a different way of payment. During a previous Paypal payment inside Europe, Paypal did accept my creditcard. They are really boring...

    Sorry, no donation possible.
  15. #575  
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    Ok, thought I'd already uploaded a version with landscape and the option to wrap titles. Guess those are new in 0.5.9 as well. Sorry about that.

    mamouton: Turn your pre on it's side with agenda 0.5.9 open, and it should go landscape.
    It works now I had to unistall and reinstall. Thanks!
  16.    #576  
    Quote Originally Posted by krischer View Post
    Haeffb,

    I've tried to make a donation several times, but Paypal did not accept my German Mastercard and did not offer a different way of payment. During a previous Paypal payment inside Europe, Paypal did accept my creditcard. They are really boring...

    Sorry, no donation possible.
    No worries.

    It saves the startDate and endDate. If you use the arrows, it will change startDate, but leave endDate alone. If you tap on the date in the view menu bar or use the refresh button, it will reset to using the number of days in prefs.

    Might not be exactly what you wanted, but it should give some flexibility.
  17. #577  
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    It saves the startDate and endDate. If you use the arrows, it will change startDate, but leave endDate alone. If you tap on the date in the view menu bar or use the refresh button, it will reset to using the number of days in prefs.

    Might not be exactly what you wanted, but it should give some flexibility.
    Thanks, that helps already a lot! The ideal solution would have been to let the user select a start day and a duration (in years, months and days). Every time, the extended time range is selected in the application menu, the startDate is set to the current date. It can be changed by the user. When tapping "use extended time range", the endDate is calculated from the actual startDate plus the duration. But this might be too much reprogramming...

    Another point: The landscape mode is rather often initiated by hazard. Would be great to have an option to disable it (in the prefs). Personally, I don't use the landscape mode.

    Maybe a last point for the longterm wish list: The color for the origin of the events is only visible on the right, in the box with the plus sign. To improve its visibility, this box could be on the left, *or* the whole event text field background could be colorized (with the box on its actual position). I know that one chose in the prefs to add the calendar name to the events, but a color is much more intuitive than a name. A third possibility would be to colorise the background of the calendar name. Maybe, this would be the best.

    Regards, Stefan
    Last edited by krischer; 01/18/2010 at 04:26 AM.
  18. rigo's Avatar
    Posts
    143 Posts
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    #578  
    If possible, please make landscape an option. Thanks.
  19. JerryG's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    #579  
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo View Post
    If possible, please make landscape an option. Thanks.
    +1 (I wish all landscape capable apps had an on/off toggle for orientation changing...)
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
  20.    #580  
    Ok, working on a landscape option.

    Getting a LOT of options.

Posting Permissions