Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 182324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Yes I should have clarified. Exchange and Pre aren't working well together. Until I applied the workaround my agenda wouldn't work it kept spinning and spinning. Once the workaround is applied I can access my agenda and calendars with no problem. I think it is a bug with 1.3.5 because 1.3.1 on the emulator didn't see the same problem.
    i have not had any problems with Agenda after updating to 1.3.5 or with the new year. don't know if that really helps anyone, except it probably is a quirk with a calendar entry as opposed to a problem with Agenda or 1.3.5.
    Quote Originally Posted by myrcgarage View Post
    Mine is still running fine. Do you have the latest version?
    Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    may be a problem with a specific event. Try changing the date range using the App menu to see if other dates will load.
    Doesn't seem to help. I even unchecked all calendars in the Agenda preferences.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Are you running an Exchange account?
    I am.
    Ah, okay. Thanks. Yeah, there are Exchange events that aren't showing up in the Calendar app either, and the manual date adjustment workaround seems to work.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    After experiencing the 1.35/Exchange issue, I thought it was a problem with Agenda. I deleted Agenda, then found the workaround. I applied the workaround - got my calendar back - reinstalled Agenda. My remaining problem: Agenda was on my Quick Launch Bar when I deleted it. Upon reinstalling Agenda, I could not locate the Icon to launch the program on either my Quick Launch bar or on any of the Launcher pages. However, when I use Universal Search to find the program, it appears and can be successfully started. - I don't think this is a problem specifically with Agenda, but possibly because it resided on my Quick Launch bar when I initially deleted it. However, I thought this was a good place to post my initial issue and request for assist with a fix. Appreciate any recommendations and Happy New Year to all!
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    UPDATE: Problem solved --- Pre Restart returned the "Agenda" icon to the Launcher page!
    Request: link to native new event creator. I don't like Quick Event (can never get the code right.) An option to the native event create screen would be useful.
    Laissez Faire
  8.    #549  
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    Request: link to native new event creator. I don't like Quick Event (can never get the code right.) An option to the native event create screen would be useful.
    Tap the + icon on the day you'd like to create an event and Calendar will open at that day. You can then easily enter an event.
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    Tap the + icon on the day you'd like to create an event and Calendar will open at that day. You can then easily enter an event.
    Yes but it is easier to use the date picker to find the date than to go there.
    Laissez Faire
  10.    #551  
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    Yes but it is easier to use the date picker to find the date than to go there.
    Fair enough. I will look into whether what you want is possible.
    Posting my recent experience here in the event haeffb or others might find it helpful. I too had the endless spinning issue at login but was confused as to how to fix it because I also had the Exchange 2010 date bug. Even after applying the Exchange workaround I still had the spinning issue. After playing with the date range settings in Agenda I was able to narrow the problem down to a new custom repeating event that I had set up on the Pre. Once I removed that event and resynced, the spinning problem in Agenda was resolved. I was then able to reenter the custom repeating event in Outlook (as a weekly repeating event with several exceptions), resync, and Agenda still works fine.

I'm not smart enough to understand what to make of all of this but hopefully this information will be useful to haeffb and others.
    I don't use exchange so I haven't had any issues, but I LOVE this app. I read on the initial post that this may become obsolete at some point. any idea when this may be? I just barely found this and would hate to get used to using it and then have it go inactive.
  13.    #554  
    Quote Originally Posted by jakelaw View Post
    I don't use exchange so I haven't had any issues, but I LOVE this app. I read on the initial post that this may become obsolete at some point. any idea when this may be? I just barely found this and would hate to get used to using it and then have it go inactive.
    No idea whatsoever. It may be the next webOS update, it may be never. The app uses an unsupported API that Palm can change without notice in any update. They may also at some point release a supported API that provides the same result. The ball is completely in Palm's court and they, of course, do not release info on future updates.

So, enjoy it while it lasts, however long that may be.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I have been trying to figure out how to sync my Pre to iCal (maybe using google calendar as a go-between) but I don't want to by the $40 Missing Sync program. Will this Agenda app help me?
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Nope. This does not sync anything. Just a different way to view your existing calendar data.
    Hi,

I especially like the search functionality ("filter") since the original calender app does not have it at all.

However, there is a small inconvenience. When one changes the "time frame" (called "Zeitraum" in the German version) in the menu, in order to search for example for certain events in the whole year, the next time when one updates the view, or touches the date or the left/right arrow on the top, or similar actions, then the chosen time frame is forgotten, and the preselected time frame (which is only 31 day max.) is used again. I would prefer to stick at the recently selected time frame until this is changed by the user, or after a restart of the app.

Regards, Stefan
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    For searching, you should try the Google Calendar Search app in the catalogue. It works very amazingly well with lots of search options.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    For searching, you should try the Google Calendar Search app in the catalogue. It works very amazingly well with lots of search options.
    I've tried the Google Calendar Search, but it has two disadvantages:

1) you cannot search for substrings; so if you don't know whether you entered the event with an abreviated title or with the whole word (which can be long in German), then you have to search for both versions;

2) you must be online during search (this may be expensive or slow).

Therefore I prefer Agenda for searching...

Stefan
    Last edited by krischer; 01/14/2010 at 06:59 AM.
    haeffb, thanks for such a cool app. Very, very useful. Can I ask, have you thought about extending it to include a week view as an alternative view? Similar to the old datebk version? I presume that it would be reasonably straight forward as it is displaying the same data but in a different layout?